Rangers European Tour 2017/18

Topscot

9 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

This was the Progres match program admitting that The Rangers were far to strong for them and they had also basically admitted defeat to The Rangers fans before the ball had even been kicked.

IMG_1257.thumb.JPG.c98de14e67b9109969032

A cunning master plan from the Progres boardroom to throw the **** right off their game by thinking they had already won it in advance so they would be lazy on the park. :lol:

Don't you just hate it when people lie down to The Rangers?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Lincoln Red Imps 1-0 Celtic would surpass it as a one-off match but as a tie result I don't think there's any doubt. Of course you can debate thrashings v embarrassments to minnows but I think it's pretty clear-cut now.

At the end of the day Rangers budget runs into 8 figures and their opponents aren't even professional footballers. They're not an experienced side: in 35yrs their only previous tie was going down 3-0 to Shamrock Rovers. Luxembourg season doesn't start until August.

Basically - this is monumental.

European ties are of two 90 minute legs. Celtic won theirs but embarrassingly went 1 nil down in the first leg but won the tie 3-1, yes it was embarrassing but not as fucking embarrassing as losing a lead from the first leg only to lose the tie 2-1 to a pub team. Celtic then progres-sed to the Champions League proper but The Rangers have been papped oot on their sorry arses and that is that. The Rangers defeat is the worst defeat ever by a Scottish club because of the finances involved and the fact they got chucked oot like a secondary school team.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Can someone explain to me how Celtic beating a team from Gibraltar 3-1 on aggregate is worse than Rangers losing to a team from Luxembourg 2-1 on aggregate?  I'm struggling here.

Celtic eventually reached the Champions League proper, The Rangers got fucked like a wee greeting bitch and sent home with a sore wan. HTH.

Scarf?, just ignore the above as I didn't read your quote properly through the tears of laughter. Sorry. :lol:

On 7/12/2016 at 20:58, MJC said:

Ha Ha Ha Ha!

What an absolute pig sickener for Celtic.

And is this bad for the co-efficient of Scottish Football? Well if it is then so fucking what.

That club and it's supporters couldn't care less about anyone else but themselves and I hope this humiliation cuts them to the bone.

Get it right up every single one of them and every single person who wanted them to "do well" tonight.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/227441-celtics-european-campaign-201617/&page=19

That was last year, when we were all chortling at Celtic being beaten by Lincoln Red Imps.

This was tonight:

7 hours ago, MJC said:

Best of luck to Rangers for tonight as they fly the flag for Scottish football in Europe.

Just in case anyone wondered if MJC really cares about Scots in Europe, or whether it's "fair" to hate other teams, or any of that gash.

Nope, he's merely a self-hating Motherwell fan who actually loves Rangers, like a fair number of the other denizens of Hellish North Lanarkshire.

Archived