Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, NELLY said:

9 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Part One of my telephone interview with @Cowden Cowboy, conducted yesterday afternoon. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/02/where-now-for-cowdenbeath-part-one/

Really good stuff what you are doing with clubs like ours. One it gives Cowdenbeath some publicity and also keeps fans informed of developments especially aimed at one's who cannot make any fans meetings or are far away. 

Fancy doing more publicity work for your Fife neighbours 

Keep up the good work 

10 hours ago, NELLY said:

Stephen Mcmanus?? doing coaching of youths at motherwell having just retired im sure. Cowdn316 wouldnt want him though.........

Untested mate not sure due to our league position we should take that risk. 

With that being said Mcmanus has played at the highest level but that does not guarantee success in management look at Cameron for instance nowhere to be seen in management and forgotten. 

Not sure how Mcmanus is doing with coaching at Motherwell so like any untested manager he might go on and do great or he might not. I believe he is very good friends with Paul Hartley who has done well for himself so if Mcmanus can do what Hartley done at Alloa I will take him. 

3 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Coaching at a premiership team

manager of a part time league 2 team ( in this case the 1 with the least fans and worst facilities)

genuinely no idea why respected players/coaches would leave 1 of the above for the other 1.

will let you work out which way

Slightly agree on this one unless that said coach wants to be their own man and make their own mark using the likes of our club as a stepping stone. 

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Slightly agree on this one unless that said coach wants to be their own man and make their own mark using the likes of our club as a stepping stone. 

Has the added ‘bonus’ of if you don’t do well you slip off the radar. See Nish, Fox (will surely never manage a team) 

part time football a totally different animal. Only 3/4 hours a week with the players during the week, priority has to be fitness and some organisation.

ideal for me would be someone like Danny Lennon but it won’t happen.

saying that the midfield is rank so a decent midfielder as player manager would be maybe worth a shout.

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

Has the added ‘bonus’ of if you don’t do well you slip off the radar. See Nish, Fox (will surely never manage a team) 

part time football a totally different animal. Only 3/4 hours a week with the players during the week, priority has to be fitness and some organisation.

ideal for me would be someone like Danny Lennon but it won’t happen.

saying that the midfield is rank so a decent midfielder as player manager would be maybe worth a shout.

Think DL burnt his bridges slightly but would be ideal. 

For me Gary Bollans CV would speak volumes if he was interested in applying .He has experience in these leagues with Two League title wins and a promotion. A relegation but a promotion at the back of that. 

Also he has the experience of working Part Time. A small trip down from Dundee to Cowdenbeath might suit him. 

Sacked at Forfar but only 6 games into the season and wasn't far behind  from his objective of a mid table finish according to the Daily Record online. 

It will certainly be interesting to see who comes in. Any odds available yet for the job? 

Would also probably take a punt on Ian Murray if he was interested 

12 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

Coaching at a premiership team

manager of a part time league 2 team ( in this case the 1 with the least fans and worst facilities)

genuinely no idea why respected players/coaches would leave 1 of the above for the other 1.

will let you work out which way

Loads of coaches have done it before.. They know they can have the safety of their coaching gigs e.g U19 coaches etc or go out and take a chance.If it fails try get coaching gigs elsewhere. There are very very few jobs available to a football manager and although its the worst time to ever come in as a manager to us we are still an attractive option to certain ambtious individuals.Liam Fox case in point didnt work out but he is back doing coaching at a great level at Hearts. If he was successful i assume the aim is to work your way up to say a QOTS or Falkirk when jobs arise then do well there and so on...

Also coaches may not actually be paid that much at a premiership team so salary wise may be similar..

Heard craig easton interested in job.

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Loads of coaches have done it before.. They know they can have the safety of their coaching gigs e.g U19 coaches etc or go out and take a chance.If it fails try get coaching gigs elsewhere. There are very very few jobs available to a football manager and although its the worst time to ever come in as a manager to us we are still an attractive option to certain ambtious individuals.Liam Fox case in point didnt work out but he is back doing coaching at a great level at Hearts. If he was successful i assume the aim is to work your way up to say a QOTS or Falkirk when jobs arise then do well there and so on...

Also coaches may not actually be paid that much at a premiership team so salary wise may be similar..

Heard craig easton interested in job.

Has done an excellent job with the Rovers youth team.  Would be a risk!

3 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I see Cameron was in the paper saying he'd happily come back to us. I'd take him. Infact f**k it, he can play too if he likes!

One Mickey Cameron, there's only one......;).!!!!

Great servant to us back in the 90's was Mickey.

Hope you guys get something sorted out, would not like to see you relegated.

Great old team, history etc.

3 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I see Cameron was in the paper saying he'd happily come back to us. I'd take him. Infact f**k it, he can play too if he likes!

Aye I seem a wee article with CC in the Sun today no great surprise he would be interested in the job as its almost on his door step and an opportunity to get back into management.

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Has done an excellent job with the Rovers youth team.  Would be a risk!

He's done a very good job with the young team at Raith, every possible manager is a risk to some degree would be a risk for him as well leaving a good  job at Starks Park.

Easton was keen to distance himself from taking on the Rovers job in the summer saying it was to soon for him so not sure he would jump ship and take the Cowden job.

Every appointment carries a risk but Easton comes across as a very impressive individual and would be well worth considering if he is actually interested.

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye I seem a wee article with CC in the Sun today no great surprise he would be interested in the job as its almost on his door step and an opportunity to get back into management.

Is he not involved with Edusport? Must know who the decent Lowland League players are.

Archived