"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Is Lewis Hyde shite?  I was working with him today and he’s an absolutely lovely fella.  

On that note, if Lewis Nicholson is the guy who has had surgery on both knees then I’m absolutely rooting for that young man.  A thoroughly decent bloke and a credit to his club.  

Hyde looked decent when he broke through but the last few times I seen him play he was like headless chicken that thought the ball was a live grenade. I don’t doubt he’s a lovely lad but don’t think he’s quite upto Championship standard imo 

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

14 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Hyde looked decent when he broke through but the last few times I seen him play he was like headless chicken that thought the ball was a live grenade. I don’t doubt he’s a lovely lad but don’t think he’s quite upto Championship standard imo 

I heard recently we’re punting him, I presume in January. The majority of our trialists are foreign also.

I don't think Hyde is good enough, we seem to be noticeably worse when he starts or comes on.  The fact that Ferguson hasn't played him at all speaks volumes.  He was terrible against Nairn in the NOS Cup in which Ferguson was in the stand for (Davidson, Lodovica and Brooks were all terrible too to be fair).

I'd be happy to see Brooks go out on loan and the other 3 leaving the club.  I think Brooks has ability, but I don't think he can be trusted at this level yet.  I don't think Hyde will ever be.

FWIW I think we're finishing 8th at best.  The mental fragility is our squad is criminal.

Realistically, I’d imagine Wotherspoon, Sheridan, Hyde and Lodovica will be away. Can’t see Samuels being released while injured but I’d happily punt him. 

55 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'd be happy to see Brooks go out on loan and the other 3 leaving the club.  I think Brooks has ability, but I don't think he can be trusted at this level yet.  I don't think Hyde will ever be.

I was thinking this, out to Elgin til the end of the season playing regular games would do Brooks the world of good. 

A right back in January would be nice, who knows when Carson will be back, Duffys made of glass and the less said about Davidson the better.

Aye, Hyde looked like a decent prospect when he first started getting games but he hasn’t really pushed on at all. Nicholson looked great in the few games he got but that’s 2 serious injuries he has had now so hopefully he can get over them.

I also believe we should be able to finish 8th with what we have just now but looking further up the table would require 3 or 4 good signings in January and I don’t see that happening. It’s just a job of seeing this season off safely and hopefully build a decent squad for next season.

Far too much dross on the bench that make our team so much worse when changes are made. Think results for Big Dunc will be very mixed for the rest of this season but I’ve seen plenty in the performances so far to think that he can do a very decent job for us once he has got his own team together.

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Aye, Hyde looked like a decent prospect when he first started getting games but he hasn’t really pushed on at all. Nicholson looked great in the few games he got but that’s 2 serious injuries he has had now so hopefully he can get over them.

I also believe we should be able to finish 8th with what we have just now but looking further up the table would require 3 or 4 good signings in January and I don’t see that happening. It’s just a job of seeing this season off safely and hopefully build a decent squad for next season.

Far too much dross on the bench that make our team so much worse when changes are made. Think results for Big Dunc will be very mixed for the rest of this season but I’ve seen plenty in the performances so far to think that he can do a very decent job for us once he has got his own team together.

Indeed. I think he’s getting the best he can out of the utter shite squad he inherited from Dodds. Hopefully he can start to bring his own players in and the results improve. 

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Indeed. I think he’s getting the best he can out of the utter shite squad he inherited from Dodds. Hopefully he can start to bring his own players in and the results improve. 

The Manager may well surprise us with his signings in January, we all know that Dodds/Robertson left us with some dross

20 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The Manager may well surprise us with his signings in January, we all know that Dodds/Robertson left us with some dross

But Sandy, you and others were demanding promotion with the self same players and the shibboleth was that a change in manager was a cure all. 

I hear that half season tickets are flying out of the club shop and those that abandoned the club are flocking back. 

5 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Merry fucking Christmas indeed

At least he isn’t signing for a similar sized club in the league, that’s a cunt when that happens.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

At least he isn’t signing for a similar sized club in the league, that’s a c**t when that happens.

Fair point if he signed for Ayr/QP I’d lose my head :lol: I’d have thought United would’ve been in for him beforehand but Raiths form maybe opened the purse up

Totally unrelated, but is Roddy Macgregor made of glass? Everytime he’s close to being back seems to pick up another injury. Him and Doran must be best pals with the amount of time they spend out 

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Fair point if he signed for Ayr/QP I’d lose my head :lol: I’d have thought United would’ve been in for him beforehand but Raiths form maybe opened the purse up

Totally unrelated, but is Roddy Macgregor made of glass? Everytime he’s close to being back seems to pick up another injury. Him and Doran must be best pals with the amount of time they spend out 

Him, Doran and Welsh being permanently injured, whilst always getting new contracts, giving the club virtually zero return on investment on them, is one of the many reasons we’re going to be no higher than the Championship for the foreseeable future.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Him, Doran and Welsh being permanently injured, whilst always getting new contracts, giving the club virtually zero return on investment on them, is one of the many reasons we’re going to be no higher than the Championship for the foreseeable future.

Madness that Welsh is (or was) club captain when he misses at least 50% of games. A change in our recruitment strategy is needed

Get Steve Marsella back to uncover Warren, Draper and Tansey 2.0 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I’ve been told Wotherspoon is signing for United and Shaw is away in the summer when his contract is up.

I’d heard about Wotherspoon to United being a done deal too. Hadn’t heard about Shaw, more shite news.

Just now, PB1994 said:

I’d heard about Wotherspoon to United being a done deal too. Hadn’t heard about Shaw, more shite news.

Shaw has the same agent as Dodds and isn’t going to sign a new deal. You’d imagine the agent will be trying to get him away due to the sacking of Dodds.