"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Davidson has a broken foot. Probably not the best idea to sign him.

Even though he would probably still have a better impact than Scott fecking Boden.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Davidson has a broken foot. Probably not the best idea to sign him.

4 minutes ago, micaley68 said:

Even though he would probably still have a better impact than Scott fecking Boden.

True.

I believe his other foot's absolutely fine.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Riccardo Calder is basically Phil Roberts. Looks to have fantastic ability, but absolutely dreadful attitude whilst at Dens. Thought he was billy big time and as such didn't get a game. Waster.

And with Hartley that meant there was two Billy Big Times, what a feckin coincidence!

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Whit?!

C'mon, it's well known that Hartley as a player was full of himself, mind you I did feel for him when Dundee went on that losing streak and in interviews he looked as confused as a blind lesbian in a fish market.

It'd be interesting to know what Motherwell and Airdrie fans thought of Jack Leitch.  He's not been bad in the two friendlies and on the ball seems tidy enough but looks pretty lightweight.  I'd love to see Nick Ross back, but he's gotten trials lined up in Spain apparently.

9 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

It'd be interesting to know what Motherwell and Airdrie fans thought of Jack Leitch.  He's not been bad in the two friendlies and on the ball seems tidy enough but looks pretty lightweight.  I'd love to see Nick Ross back, but he's gotten trials lined up in Spain apparently.

Thought he was on trial at Tannadice :O?

8 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

8 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Thought he was on trial at Tannadice :O?

Tannadice, Spain....

Same sort of thing really.

Piece by Jamie Durent here on the new signings. Mentions again that Elsdon is here on loan for 6 months but the club have said a season long loan. Hopefully he impresses. Apparently had a chance to get a deal with Dundee but nothing came of it after he went to see them.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Collin-Seedorf-keen-to-make-his-own-name-at-Caley-Thistle-as-Matty-Elsdon-and-Riccardo-Calder-sign-on-06072017.htm

We've now officially signed Elbouzedi.  People are getting excited about the signings but we really don't know much about most of these players.

In terms of experience, Baird has a lot but the rest of them are fairly raw.  Ridgers has a bit of experience but hasn't played often in the last two years.

John Baird - 303(73) 116 goals.  Played at this level for the last 6-7 years.

Mark Ridgers - 31 games in the last three seasons.

George Oakley - 15 appearances in his whole career, mainly at non-league English level.

Collin Seedorf - 46 appearances in Dutch second tier.

Riccardo Calder - 30 odd appearances in League Two in England, 11 in Scottish Premiership, mostly as a sub.

Matthew Elsdon - No first team football at all, only in Middelsborough youth teams.

Zachary Elbouzedi - No first team football at all, only in West Brom youth teams.

In contrast some of the guys we signed from the lower league English route previously had a lot more experience - Jonny Hayes had played more than 40 times at levels up to the Championship in England, Adam Rooney had more than fifty games at a similar level with a few goals scored.  Ross Draper and Greg Tansey had played over 100 first team games, same with the likes of Marley Watkins, Gary Warren and Carl Tremarco.

The guys we've signed could be good but I think we need to reign in the expectations that these players are going to be integral to the team.  Baird probably will be but I'd be a surprised if we're expecting them all to be solid starters.

Seems to be some doubt over the signings given that they have had no first team experience, fair enough but the game in Scotland does differ in the physical aspect and less time on the ball and players we recruited under Butcher did shine during trialling but then went into wake up when league duty came along, as I recall Hayes for instance was no overnight sensation and it took a while for him to settle in and truth be told with his behaviour overall off park it was touch and go for a while, the same applied to a few others, the only two who really blended in in no time were Watkins and Storey.

Sure some players will look the biz trialling in lesser opposition friendlies, that's a given, but with the limited resources and position we are in at the moment the players we have signed is where we are at, we cannot expect experienced and proven first team players to come to a club which has been recently relegated, the club has to cut it's cloth to suit.

Obviously some fans find this difficult but as I said in an earlier post you can only piss with the cock you've got.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Robertson has been quoted as saying he's looking to bring in a striker that will make a big difference to the team. Some people suggesting it's Ex Hearts forward Zeefuik, more likely that he was talking about Duffy.

Robertson has been quoted as saying he's looking to bring in a striker that will make a big difference to the team. Some people suggesting it's Ex Hearts forward Zeefuik, more likely that he was talking about Duffy.

Thought that was John Baird [emoji38]

Aye and every Bairn in the ground knew it was going to happen apart from Garry fuckin Holt!

That c**t did not know what day it was though

18 hours ago, RossP said:

Apparently Daryl Duffy was up front for us today against Elgin. He was shite unsurprisingly. 

Yes it would seem there is a difference between our style and his last two clubs, (in Goa and Bengal if this is the same guy), as he failed to convert some handy crosses.

Polworth ghosting again, this lad has so much talent that he could go far but with his defeatist attitude that is never going to happen unless he bucks up and puts bad crosses and tackles behind him in a game and gets on with it.

Calder, Seedorf and Elbouzadi impressed but the latter picked up a knock and was subbed.

Nairn was predictable but yesterday was the real test against an established organised team, we did well enough but failed up front and paid the price, an early goal for us would have made the difference.

Silly altercation with Mulraney and Calder in that fracas with Elgin players, playground stuff though I'm not surprised with Mulraney.

Elgin fans a bit on the droll side, even after the game some of their elder fans giving me large in the car park,  a big deal for them beating a team two divisions above them in a friendly.

Edited by SandyCromarty