• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

We've sold out two and a half north stand sections and the singing section if what's available to buy online is accurate.

I see that Aaron Doran is in the Courier pretty much talking himself out the door. While he's obviously been a great servant to us, it seems like it will be best for both parties for him to move on in the summer

7 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

We've sold out two and a half north stand sections and the singing section if what's available to buy online is accurate.

I see that Aaron Doran is in the Courier pretty much talking himself out the door. While he's obviously been a great servant to us, it seems like it will be best for both parties for him to move on in the summer

He’s been great for us over the years, but thought he was very poor last season and shouldn’t have been given a new deal tbh. Been slightly improved anytime I’ve seen him this season but still don’t think he’s at the level required any more and also is quite injury prone too. 

Seeing the team line up for tonight is really giving me the fear for who will be playing RB for the Scottish Cup semi (Carson is suspended). Still no sign of Duffy or Ram, or that geordie guy we signed. Lewis Hyde has been rinsed in the few times he’s featured at RB, and I can’t see many others filling that role effectively. Maybe Devine? 

it would be brave to go with a change of formation to accommodate e.g. 3-5-2, with the three D’s in the middle of defence and Harper and Henderson as wing backs. 

6 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

He’s been great for us over the years, but thought he was very poor last season and shouldn’t have been given a new deal tbh. Been slightly improved anytime I’ve seen him this season but still don’t think he’s at the level required any more and also is quite injury prone too. 

Hard to believe he's only 31, seems to have been around for a very long time. 

We'll see if he stays in the Highlands, signs for a Highland League club, Brora Rangers maybe?

3 minutes ago, RossP said:

Seeing the team line up for tonight is really giving me the fear for who will be playing RB for the Scottish Cup semi (Carson is suspended). Still no sign of Duffy or Ram, or that geordie guy we signed. Lewis Hyde has been rinsed in the few times he’s featured at RB, and I can’t see many others filling that role effectively. Maybe Devine? 

it would be brave to go with a change of formation to accommodate e.g. 3-5-2, with the three D’s in the middle of defence and Harper and Henderson as wing backs. 

The Geordie guy left at the start of January when his contract expired. Hopefully Duffy is back fit but if not I could maybe see one of Harper/Delaney going to right back. With the other at left back.

8 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Hard to believe he's only 31, seems to have been around for a very long time. 

We'll see if he stays in the Highlands, signs for a Highland League club, Brora Rangers maybe?

I’m sure his partner is from Aviemore and they’ve got a couple kids together so will be interesting to see where he ends up (if he doesn’t get an extension that is) 

6 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’m sure his partner is from Aviemore and they’ve got a couple kids together so will be interesting to see where he ends up (if he doesn’t get an extension that is) 

He does. Him and Devine married a sister each.

Last nights victory extends our winning streak to 6 league matches, surpassing the previous streak of 5 set in September / October, pre injury crisis. MAGNIFICENT.

On 18/04/2023 at 11:26, Stephen Malkmus said:

What has he said?

1 hour ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

What has he said?

"I'm not happy when I don't start, so when I come on I want to make an impact," Doran stressed.

"I think I did that on Saturday, which is good, but I want to be starting every game. It's a bit disappointing to find out you're on the bench, but you just have to try and make an impact when you're called upon.

"I don't really understand why I haven't played more, because I think I have all the qualities to be one of our best players – and one of the best players in this league.

"I think I've shown that over the years. Maybe it's because I haven't scored enough goals, but I create chances in every game and I get through on goal – just unfortunately I haven't taken enough of them.

"That could be part of the reason, but I'm obviously disappointed not to be playing from the start. We'll see what happens between now and the end of the season."

Has anyone else noticed Nathan Shaw is really good at leaning into players and winning the ball back? A bit like Draper used to do all the time. 

54 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Has anyone else noticed Nathan Shaw is really good at leaning into players and winning the ball back? A bit like Draper used to do all the time. 

Once he bulks up a bit he's going to be really formidable. Loved how he grabbed the ball and sprinted back to his own half after scoring on Tuesday too: the actions of a man who'll do anything to avoid going back to the days of living off seaside chips and beef dripping

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

16 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Once he bulks up a bit he's going to be really formidable. Loved how he grabbed the ball and sprinted back to his own half after scoring on Tuesday too: the actions of a man who'll do anything to avoid going back to the days of living off seaside chips and beef dripping

I think he's pretty strong anyway going by how easily he can relieve opposition players of the ball.  I noticed it against Arbroath and Raith recently.  Just leans into them and nabs the ball.

14 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I was really surprised at how often he won the ball back (cleanly) in the Cove half last weekend. Seemed to sneak up on the likes of Vigurs and nick in or lean in, to then create a chance for a (offside) goal.