• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

The young lad Brooks could be a good signing for you.

I remember him playing for a local youth side here in Dumbarton & him scoring something crazy like 100+ goals in a season, both old firm arsecheeks were after him & he opted for Celtic as his family felt they had the better youth set up at the time.

Interesting to see if he can make the step up from B team/Lowland level.

Hopefully he does well at ICT, good luck to him.

We hope so too.  His signing has received a lot positivity from our fans which is quite something considering how many of our fans consistently look for something to have a whine about.

I think most players in his position and at his age would have taken the offer from Celtic (or the other cheek) and carried on in the reserve cheeks.  It's a brave move on his part but shows maturity and confidence, I hope he thrives with us.

Good luck for the season ahead, I enjoyed my visit to Dumbarton last Tuesday (apart from the result I suppose!).

24 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

We hope so too.  His signing has received a lot positivity from our fans which is quite something considering how many of our fans consistently look for something to have a whine about.

I think most players in his position and at his age would have taken the offer from Celtic (or the other cheek) and carried on in the reserve cheeks.  It's a brave move on his part but shows maturity and confidence, I hope he thrives with us.

Good luck for the season ahead, I enjoyed my visit to Dumbarton last Tuesday (apart from the result I suppose!).

Aye, the fact he's made it to Championship club level from youth football in a relatively short time is pretty good going.

Thought I recognised him when he was on the pitch last Tues.

All the best for the season.

3 hours ago, KingBeastie said:

He had apparently turned down clubs in England too, to come to us.

9 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

We are a shambles at the back. Good to see that even after signing a right back, our best player in that position is still Carson.

He certainly looked more comfortable in the second forty five, his first half didn't suggest to me that he has the composure to boss the middle.

13 minutes ago, sophia said:

He certainly looked more comfortable in the second forty five, his first half didn't suggest to me that he has the composure to boss the middle.

I’d honestly give Bray a shot after that second half performance. He was fantastic.

Probably a bit much to ask a 17 year old to play week in week out in the middle of the park but if you’re good enough you’re old enough.

Wasn’t at the game so can’t comment on performances etc but good to see Billy Mckay becoming the all time top goalscorer. After the way the club messed him about in the summer, I’m glad he’s back and hopefully he can keep adding to the tally over the next 2 years. Fantastic servant to the club 

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’d honestly give Bray a shot after that second half performance. He was fantastic.

Probably a bit much to ask a 17 year old to play week in week out in the middle of the park but if you’re good enough you’re old enough.

You might be right.

There was something of the arthritic about us in the first half but as disappointing as that was, there are young players to be excited about. Beyond that, Shaw did a shuffle in the second half that bought him five yards and his opponent the opportunity to pay to get back in.

We just looked 2/3 weeks off in terms of sharpness. Airdrie got to every ball in first half - a toe in here, a head in there. That comes from competitive desire and being sharp. Players have moved about a fair bit over last few weeks - good for game time, not so good for knowing where a player is going to run and finding space. Thought Shaw was outstanding in the second half - their left back was bricking it. We really had enough chances to win that - the save in the last 5 mins was pretty phenomenal - everyone round me thought that was in. 
I think we’ve got to give Davidson time to settle in - he made a couple of decent forays but unfortunately gave away the ball for the first goal. Quite what the feck Devine thought he was doing for the second goal is beyond me

Brey was pretty decent, Carson looked better at right back and Duffy gave us a bit of drive. I worry about Delaney - he seems to make at least one or two major balls ups a game. Gilmore looks ok 

It’s sharpness of thought and movement that’s needed in the next few weeks. I hope it’ll come. There’s decent players there

The first half was dreadful and the second half was excellent. I won’t go into detail regarding the match as other folk already have. The contrast in performance really should give us a clear indication of who / what we need going forward. 

My slight concerns were Davidson who hopefully just needs time and Devine, who frankly looks like the Devine of old without Deas and Broadfoot next to him.

Special mention to Bray who I thought was excellent at only 17. I shouldn’t compare young players (especially after 1 match) but if that’s his natural position (?) then I do wonder where it leaves Hyde. Probably Elgin.

1 minute ago, NorthStand10 said:

The first half was dreadful and the second half was excellent. I won’t go into detail regarding the match as other folk already have. The contrast in performance really should give us a clear indication of who / what we need going forward. 

My slight concerns were Davidson who hopefully just needs time and Devine, who frankly looks like the Devine of old without Deas and Broadfoot next to him.

Special mention to Bray who I thought was excellent at only 17. I shouldn’t compare young players (especially after 1 match) but if that’s his natural position (?) then I do wonder where it leaves Hyde. Probably Elgin.

Clearly a centre half has to be the priority and if Dudds and Gardiner can't see that then they are FAILING in their jobs but I totally agree with @micaley68,  Dudds clearly can't manage so I fail to understand why our duds at boardroom can't see that when fans seen it WAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS LAST SEASON!

I will say this though; I hope we see more of youngsters such as Bray if he's as good as certain fans are claiming here so I suppose that is one positive from this JOKE of a cup campaign!

4 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

He came on in the Dumbarton game last week and looked very positive, was unlucky with a shot and I’m sure he won the header that lead to Billy’s goal.

Couple of times he got bullied off the ball due to still being a laddie really but good to hear he’s impressed again tonight