2 hours ago, Cumdog35 said:

Interview on STV news at 6.

"Look...

People have been saying that I haven't trained and that I have been on the drink all summer...

The important thing is that the club know how much effort I have put in.

I came to an agreement with the chairman and he has stopped by a few times now, to be sure I'm working hard for my money."

RB430HG.gif

Edited by Mon Dieu

Fucking hate it when Hibs do this. Everyone, even Leeann herself, has all but confirmed Stokes' return but Hibs themselves officially...

Doesn't help when you've got notifications for Hibs' Twitter turned on... and every tweet notification causes your heart to skip a beat.. only for it to be them plugging the Thistle game

Hibernian FC this evening announced the signing of striker Anthony Stokes, whose Cup Final double helped fire the Club to the Scottish Cup in May 2016.

Supporters have been ablaze at the prospect of the return of the prodigal Cup hero, to cap a strong transfer window that has seen the Club capture six full internationalists in Stokes, Efe Ambrose, Ofir Marciano, Steven Whittaker, Deivydas Matulevicius, and Vykintas Slivka, as well as clinching the signature of one of last season’s SPL stars Danny Swanson and up-and-coming striker Simon Murray.

In addition, several of last season’s Championship winning squad had to be re-signed, including skipper David Gray, Darren McGregor, Lewis Stevenson, Martin Boyle, Ross Laidlaw, Marvin Bartley and Liam Fontaine.

Stokes, 29, enters his third spell at the club, following spells in 2009 and 2016.

Anthony said: “I am delighted to be coming back to Hibernian.

“The club has a big place in my heart and it’s where I’ve played some of my best football.

“It’s an environment that can get the best out of me and I am looking forward to getting back amongst the squad and scoring goals again.

“The scenes of celebration following the cup win will live long in my memory, and the only disappointment from my last spell was that we didn’t get promotion.

“The boys did brilliantly last season and now I’ll be looking to help us push on back in the Premiership.”

Neil Lennon said: “Anthony’s a quality player that we all know well, and will be a massive addition to our strike force. “I’ve been really pleased with the work we’ve done over the summer – the squad is in good shape and we’ve made several strong additions.

“We now have competition in every area of the park and are ready for the start of the league campaign on Saturday.”

The Club is not expecting to do any further business during this transfer window.