On 14/09/2024 at 17:48, Tommy Tappin said:

It's nothing to do with ambition and everything to do with reality.

The Scottish game is rigged in favour of the top 2. No 1 team consistently finishes 3rd because no one can financially sustain a challenge.

Our last top flight league title was just shy of three quarters of a century ago and we win a trophy once every 17-20 years.

It would take millions more than we have to change this. 

I don't care how much ambition you've got, it ain't changing. Thinking it will just shows the kind of gullibility and naivety that the club's marketing relies on. 

I'm not talking about first or second or even consistently 3rd.  I'm talking about at least challenging for the top four every season instead of bottom six pish or seeing top six as some achievement.   We don't look like a top six team, again.  It's seriously not good enough.  At the very least you will concede that the people in charge of the club talk complete and utter pish? 

On 14/09/2024 at 17:48, Tommy Tappin said:

It's nothing to do with ambition and everything to do with reality.

The Scottish game is rigged in favour of the top 2. No 1 team consistently finishes 3rd because no one can financially sustain a challenge.

Our last top flight league title was just shy of three quarters of a century ago and we win a trophy once every 17-20 years.

It would take millions more than we have to change this. 

I don't care how much ambition you've got, it ain't changing. Thinking it will just shows the kind of gullibility and naivety that the club's marketing relies on. 

Worth noting that the competition from 3rd downwards is to be seen as a good thing. We shouldn’t want one team to have 3rd wrapped up before a ball is kicked, be it hearts, Aberdeen or hibs. 

11 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I'm not talking about first or second or even consistently 3rd.  I'm talking about at least challenging for the top four every season instead of bottom six pish or seeing top six as some achievement.   We don't look like a top six team, again.  It's seriously not good enough.  At the very least you will concede that the people in charge of the club talk complete and utter pish? 

It's now beyond doubt that those in charge can run the business side excellently and are totally out of their depth on the football side. Previous ownerships have failed to even get that first bit right and still been clueless on the football side. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Worth noting that the competition from 3rd downwards is to be seen as a good thing. We shouldn’t want one team to have 3rd wrapped up before a ball is kicked, be it hearts, Aberdeen or hibs. 

Speaking today to a Liverpool ST holder who disparages the Scottish game. He was bemoaning that the EPL is now City, Arsenal and then everyone else. I said that football's no fun when your team is in the battle of the also rans, is it?

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think you boys will have 3rd wrapped up by the end of October.  The gap will be 15-20 points and that simply is not recoverable for teams as inconsistent as us or Hearts when they're not being carried by Shankland .  Shows the benefit of a flying start I guess.

6 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

It's now beyond doubt that those in charge can run the business side excellently and are totally out of their depth on the football side. Previous ownerships have failed to even get that first bit right and still been clueless on the football side. 

Speaking today to a Liverpool ST holder who disparages the Scottish game. He was bemoaning that the EPL is now City, Arsenal and then everyone else. I said that football's no fun when your team is in the battle of the also rans, is it?

Yet we are still losing money every year and running at a loss?  They can make out they are running the off the pitch shit brilliantly and increasing market value of the club to make as much money possible eventually. 

13 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yet we are still losing money every year and running at a loss?  They can make out they are running the off the pitch shit brilliantly and increasing market value of the club to make as much money possible eventually. 

Those sets of  accounts were 2023. The sets following are running to being much more positive.

38 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Those sets of  accounts were 2023. The sets following are running to being much more positive.

Hibs made a £3.9m loss in the last accounts as far as I can see.

With bottom six football, no Europe, and no real cup runs to speak of, I'd be surprised to see anything other than operating losses remaining significant.

Hibs approach seems to have been to release very bad news but just fob the fans off with "It'll be better next year".

It might be a bit less bad, but it's hard to see any way that it's good.

22 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hibs made a £3.9m loss in the last accounts as far as I can see.

With bottom six football, no Europe, and no real cup runs to speak of, I'd be surprised to see anything other than operating losses remaining significant.

Hibs approach seems to have been to release very bad news but just fob the fans off with "It'll be better next year".

It might be a bit less bad, but it's hard to see any way that it's good.

As I mentioned, the last set of accounts were to June 2023.

The next set of accounts will - obviously - be to June 2024, will include a wee euro run including Villa at ER etc, a semi at hampden, and a much larger turnover.

Apart from that, your post is bang on the money.

Charlie Day Ok GIF

23 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

As I mentioned, the last set of accounts were to June 2023.

The next set of accounts will - obviously - be to June 2024, will include a wee euro run including Villa at ER etc, a semi at hampden, and a much larger turnover.

Apart from that, your post is bang on the money.

Charlie Day Ok GIF

Being in Europe pre-group stages isn't particularly lucrative. A lot of Hibs' income from that is eaten up by travel costs, as there's not much going in. I believe play-off round makes you £750,000, but that's before all your costs.

A cut of a semi at Hampden is fine, but it's not a game-changer.

You also sacked two managers.

Absolutely nothing to suggest Hibs making a big dent in £3.9m, so I think I am pretty much on the money here. I expect Hibs' next accounts will show an improvement, but still a large operating loss.

What evidence is there to suggest otherwise?

Edited by VincentGuerin

10 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

What evidence is there to suggest otherwise?

As I have said two or three times now, that was a particularly bad set of accounts, the next set is due for publication in Feb 2025 and I am content to wait until then.

Evidence? Its not a court mate !

Just now, Leith Green said:

As I have said two or three times now, that was a particularly bad set of accounts, the next set is due for publication in Feb 2025 and I am content to wait until then.

Evidence? Its not a court mate !

No, but you responded to Hooserice's view on Hibs' finances as if they were about to get much better.

There's really no reason to think that.

Hibs will have made £750k tops from Europe, then add in crowd money minus matchday costs, then subtract travel costs, bonuses etc. It's not nothing, but it's not picking you up off the floor either.

Then you sack two coaches. Then you finish in the bottom six.

Whatever dates you break the reporting up into for accounting purposes, there is absolutely nothing to suggest Hibs' finances have improved from what Houserice was bemoaning.

Hibs' last accounts were basically "This is shite, but it'll be better next time, trust us". We heard that a lot from Vlad.

I find you an interesting poster, as you're clearly not an idiot, but you do take a lot of what Hibs say at face value. I've never really understood why.

@VincentGuerin It shouldnt be too much of a surprise that Hibs fans on here have more idea whats going on at our club than you, should it?

There are a number of reasons why the next set of accounts will be better, but - frankly - I dont have the time or inclination to go round and round with you on the subject.

p.s. I dont take anything Hibs say at face value, but I am well able (based on contacts at the club etc) to be able to determine what is a reasonable soundbite and what may be a fluff piece churned out to pacify pissed off fans - as I am sure you can with hearts.

p.p.s should I be worried that you find me interesting?

GIF by Got Talent Global

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Didn't Ian Gordon tell us last week we will be running at a loss again this year? 

When asked if the current cost base was sustainable, Gordon said: "No, at this moment it currently isn't but as a family, we're committed to that overspend. We do feel going into next year, in years to come, that the club can be in a great position to be very sustainable.

Edited by Hoose Rice

7 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Didn't Ian Gordon tell us last week we will be running at a loss again this year? 

When asked if the current cost base was sustainable, Gordon said: "No, at this moment it currently isn't but as a family, we're committed to that overspend. We do feel going into next year, in years to come, that the club can be in a great position to be very sustainable.

We do feel (Feel? uh huh) going into next year, in years to come (oh, years to come?), that the club can (CAN?) be in a great position to be(a position to be? So, not actually to be?) very sustainable.

Convincing as f**k, imo. 🤣

Edited by VincentGuerin

11 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

We do feel (Feel? uh huh) going into next year, in years to come (oh, years to come?), that the club can (CAN?) be in a great position to be(a position to be? So, not actually to be?) very sustainable.

Convincing as f**k, imo. 🤣

Exactly, and now all of a sudden we are suppose to believe any old shite that comes out of their mouth?  Actions speak louder than words.  Since the Gordons have come in its been hot air and have a little patience as next year will be better.  Steve Kean, youth development, Brian McDermott, now Malky.