16 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Current Squad Depth:

GK: Marshall/Wollacott/Boruc/Johnson (loan)

LB: Stevenson/Obita

RB: Miller/Cadden (inj)

LCB: Hanlon

RCB: Rocky

DM: Jeggo/Kenneh

LCM: Newell/Henderson/Tait

RCM: Campbell/JDH/Delferriere

LW: Youan/Tavares/Mackay

RW: Boyle

ST: ALF/McKirdy/Melkersen

Summary: I reckon we need 1xRB 2xCB 1xRW and 1xST just to complete the squad nevermind improving it. 5 more players in as a minimum unless we promote Dev squad players like Megwa. 

Would say we need 2 strikers if McKirdy does go. 

From that list:
Kenneh, Henderson, Tait, Tavares and McKirdy can all leave. 

Any news on Laidlaw? I think since the stories at the end of may about Watford and the swiftly deleted insta message there's not been any update, except I think a tiny story in the print EEN about us offering him a contract anyway. Does sound like he's away but I'd be happier with him interchanging with ALF as the second choice striker than McKirdy or a similar punt from down south. Money does need spent on a proper nisbet replacement though. 

Fish plus another CB. CJ on loan again or another RB. Happy we seem to be getting linked with younger creative CMs. Upgrade on one of the DMs. At least 1 winger

So I make it 6 necessary signings at the moment, plus hoping a youngster who's pretty much said he's leaving stays. Thanks Hibs!

23 minutes ago, MyNameIsClarence said:

Any news on Laidlaw? I think since the stories at the end of may about Watford and the swiftly deleted insta message there's not been any update, except I think a tiny story in the print EEN about us offering him a contract anyway. Does sound like he's away but I'd be happier with him interchanging with ALF as the second choice striker than McKirdy or a similar punt from down south. Money does need spent on a proper nisbet replacement though. 

Fish plus another CB. CJ on loan again or another RB. Happy we seem to be getting linked with younger creative CMs. Upgrade on one of the DMs. At least 1 winger

So I make it 6 necessary signings at the moment, plus hoping a youngster who's pretty much said he's leaving stays. Thanks Hibs!

I heard a rumour he was back training with us as his proposed deal with Watford had gone sour. However Brentford are interested. 

17 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

It really is. I would be willing to sacrifice a season though to let some of the dev squad progress

You say that now, but I'm starting to get the feeling this could be the best chance you guys have to finish 3rd for a wee while. Aberdeen will likely hit a sticky wicket when the European games come thick and fast, and nothing about Hearts right now fills me with confidence. That's not to say other clubs can't finish 3rd, but on paper, who actually could? If Hibs can start the season strong, then who knows.

That said, dare I say Hibs have a wee bit more pressure on them this season. Hearts and Aberdeen can play the rookie managers card, but Hibs can't. And LJ will no doubt be under a bit of pressure to get things right at Hibs among the fans. Whether he can or not, I've no idea. And nor do you probably.

When the McKirdy deal fell through on the last day of the summer window, the club got massacred for not doing enough to bring him in as he was a 'proven goalscorer'. Now it'll get massacred if he stays. 

When Fish cocked up in the derby, it was yet another example of Ron's son playing football manager on his PC and our pathetic sub standard recruitment policy. Now Hibs absolutely need to get the deal done for Fish as a 'sign of intent'.

The reality was that our 'atrocious' and 'laughable' recruitment policy compared to much higher spending Hearts lead us to being separated from them by a goal in the final game. 

It's all relative. 

This is why we should always take forum comments as opinion forming facts. 

Hi guys,  Joma talk to me, we seem to be saddled with this top kit manufacturer,  how do you find there strips and leisure wear etc,   

We are hearing of fans having to go 3 sizes higher to get a snug fitting top,  is this the same for the top teams from Joma or only us diddy ones..

35 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Hi guys,  Joma talk to me, we seem to be saddled with this top kit manufacturer,  how do you find there strips and leisure wear etc,   

We are hearing of fans having to go 3 sizes higher to get a snug fitting top,  is this the same for the top teams from Joma or only us diddy ones..

I'm normally a standard Large size. My Joma Hibs shirts are XL.  Same as Macron.

On the bright side I'm assuming you boys are now away from that FootballNation mob who supplied you various kits.

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

I'm normally a standard Large size. My Joma Hibs shirts are XL.  Same as Macron.

On the bright side I'm assuming you boys are now away from that FootballNation mob who supplied you various kits.

Nope still with them, they have a Football Nation shop at the stadium as well..

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

My team just ordered Joma stuff and would recommend sizing up, I'm usually medium, went for a large and it fits perfect.

On 29/06/2023 at 11:36, Tommy Tappin said:

When the McKirdy deal fell through on the last day of the summer window, the club got massacred for not doing enough to bring him in as he was a 'proven goalscorer'. Now it'll get massacred if he stays. 

When Fish cocked up in the derby, it was yet another example of Ron's son playing football manager on his PC and our pathetic sub standard recruitment policy. Now Hibs absolutely need to get the deal done for Fish as a 'sign of intent'.

The reality was that our 'atrocious' and 'laughable' recruitment policy compared to much higher spending Hearts lead us to being separated from them by a goal in the final game. 

It's all relative. 

This is why we should always take forum comments as opinion forming facts. 

Are you suggesting that us fans, of any given club, are fickle and ill-informed...?!

vladmeme.gif.40c4815874257635c5f94bc7e40ab7ca.gif

15 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Are you suggesting that us fans, of any given club, are fickle and ill-informed...?!

vladmeme.gif.40c4815874257635c5f94bc7e40ab7ca.gif

Nah Tommy just knows best and still can't admit our summer signings last year were absolutely humpty.