1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/14/bournemouth-owner-bill-foley-europe-five-years-iraola-new-stadium

“That is my goal, to develop these other teams in support of Bournemouth and for Bournemouth to support those other teams,” he said.

Thoughts and prayers, lads. God speed.

Hibernian FC "in support of Bournemouth". 🤮

I'm willing to bet that Hibernian's support of Bournemouth won't look quite like Bournemouth's support of Hibernian.

Foleys support will be loads of money and players we couldn’t otherwise attract to the club (a higher standard than anything you have in your squad too btw) and our support to Bournemouth will be develop a standard of player to play in the best league in the world.  

Bournemouth have their own reserve league and diddy teams like hearts to send the likes of James Hill to when they are nowhere near good enough to play for them, the standard of player we will have will be of a much higher quality with a pathway clear to their first team, which of course will benefit us both on the playing side and financially be it the player is around for one or two years, that’s the maximum any stand out player would play for any of the non old firm teams anyway. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, Hibs are fucked now.

Developing players to sell to an EPL club and relying on loans from the same level.

Youd certainly not see Aberdeen or Hearts taking that approach to things.

Hibs won't be "selling" anyone to Bournemouth. And Hearts and Aberdeen can choose our own loans. Believing Hibs will have that luxury is generous in the extreme.

Devastated that Bournemouth will be paying us to take their dogshit 19 year old centreback on loan rather than us sourcing our own 19 year old dogshit centreback from Nottingham Forest on loan for free.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wont they?

Lorient got £22m from Bournemouth last season for a player.

Yes. And what are the FFP regulations in France?

Hibs will not be seeing any of that.

It's very handy having a club not subject to the same restrictions in their league.

Edited by VincentGuerin

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wont they?

Lorient got £22m from Bournemouth last season for a player.

You have to understand that there has been a special clause inserted into any potential deal between Foley and Hibs which strictly prohibits any positive outcome or benefits for Hibs.

Guest DannyBlue

We'll see what happens, I'm cautiously optimistic about this, feels like there could be a bit of an opportunity to develop on the park and we are hopefully going to benefit from some of the scouting resources of an EPL team.

Any word on what size the share will be? I know the initial report in The Athletic said its believed to be in the region of 15% and then BBC said it would be closer to 20%.

Just now, Lofarl said:

Vince will be along in a sec to answer that and any other questions you may have.

Vince was spewing shite recently about how he doesnt really care about football these days wasnt he?

Amazing isnt it that despite that he was fuming at Aberdeen kicking his teams arse and seems really angry about an investment Hibs are getting 😄

15 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hibs will not be seeing any of that.

Lorient were able to invest it, spending almost exactly that amount on non-Bournemouth players to improve their squad.

Ligue 1 FFP rules are the same as the EPL and UEFAs, as far as i can tell.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Lorient were able to invest it, spending almost exactly that amount on non-Bournemouth players to improve their squad.

Lorient required it, as French FFP rules are quite tight.

There is no need for Bournemouth to pay Hibs a large fee for a player. There's no sense in Hibs having that sum to spend purely for UEFA regulations that won't be all that relevant. Lorient need it for French fitba. This is not rocket science.

Amazing we've had FFP around for so long, yet it remains a mystery to so many.

Worth noting that despite that money being available to them, and this amazing scouting network, Lorient got worse in the second half of last season (post-investment) and are now two points from bottom of the league.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Lorient required it, as French FFP rules are quite tight.

There is no need for Bournemouth to pay Hibs a large fee for a player.

Amazing we've had FFP around for so long, yet it remains a mystery to so many.

Worth noting that despite that money being available to them, and this amazing scouting network, Lorient got worse in the second half of last season (post-investment) and are now two points from bottom of the league.

How much does Anderson put into you boys that should perhaps be looked into by FFP? 

You could argue once again your club is conning the system with him putting money into the infrastructure for the eventuality of that providing income for the playing side of things, no? 

Edited by Hoose Rice

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Not even sure what that means. It has no bearing on anything whatsoever.

Money gifted to the club to stop it running at a loss sounds pretty dodgy to me.   Sure it would be the same if some Saudis just gifted Newcastle a couple of billion. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Money gifted to the club to stop it running at a loss sounds pretty dodgy to me.   Sure it would be the same if some Saudis just gifted Newcastle a couple of billion. 

Not really sure what's dodgy about it at all. You or I could gift money to pur clubs. And the Anderson money comes with no strings other than that he doesn't need to wear a tie.

Bizarre when people try to paint it as a negative in any way. It has literally no strings at all. He's just a rich fan who's happy to spend it.

You'll need to run by me what's dodgy about it, since it's all declared and even spoken about in the media.

I'm not aware of Anderson murdering any journalists or executing mentally ill people. Are you?

Edited by VincentGuerin