Yeah I remember Celtic were definitely up to no good the first time.

It was only very recently I saw the Tom Farmer quotes where he basically said they had done a Sevco about 30 years before Rangers. Very forward thinking, the old Hibbies.

14 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It was only very recently I saw the Tom Farmer quotes where he basically said they had done a Sevco about 30 years before Rangers. Very forward thinking, the old Hibbies.

They do love a “first”. 

32 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Haven't they already done that twice?

Pretty sure you're right. But with the last one being 30-odd years ago, I'm willing to wait for their next Sevcoing to take the piss.

26 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

They never played for a year. Can’t remember if it was after Celtic came along and gutted them taking all their players and strips, or if it was down to financial irregularities. Either way, they came back after a year of not being a functioning club, and changed their name from Hibernians to Hibernian. They were rejected by the footballing authorities for a fair old while but HMFC in our benevolence went against the governing body and kept playing them and supported their entry in to the Scottish League. 

We really are the goodest of good guys.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Pretty sure you're right. But with the last one being 30-odd years ago, I'm willing to wait for their next Sevcoing to take the piss.

We really are the goodest of good guys.

We really are. Not that you would know it from these ingrates. Designs on being the Zeus to our Cronus. In this reality the Titans win however. 

14 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

They never played for a year. Can’t remember if it was after Celtic came along and gutted them taking all their players and strips, or if it was down to financial irregularities. Either way, they came back after a year of not being a functioning club, and changed their name from Hibernians to Hibernian. They were rejected by the footballing authorities for a fair old while but HMFC in our benevolence went against the governing body and kept playing them and supported their entry in to the Scottish League. 

I assume this is Ye Olde Tymes? Any more on the Celtic stealing kits and players story?

14 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That's interesting on the second point. I imagine it's more widespread than the casual fan realises, it's just rules have changed and it shone a light on sevco 

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Foley sounds like a w**k. Not even in a "it's fun to laugh at" way, more of a "get out of Scottish football" kinda way....

15 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

"It will be a whole system that allows players to progress from team to team to team. That will be our competitive edge and we will be able to develop a really good team."

Nothing to worry about there then.

image.jpeg.4f9fd8b47cfdee0e0f5d025e48633e1c.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Depends what we’ve not been listening to them about really? If we’ve knocked back taking several of their children on loan because we don’t think they’ll cut it then I can’t get too angry, Hibs have always maintained we won’t just accept any player from them.

The club just now are a mess on and off the park but Foley has come across as a bit of a w**k there imo. He’s praising Lorient for listening and they got fucking relegated last season :lol: 

42 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Presumably Lorient did listen to them.

Look what happened to them.

Maybe you're better off not listening to them.

Hearts fans before: "I would be worried about venture capitalists getting involved in running your club."

And after it turns out Hibs have knocked back some of Foley's ideas: "Sounds very worrying that." 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

Hearts fans before: "I would be worried about venture capitalists getting involved in running your club."

And after it turns out Hibs have knocked back some of Foley's ideas: "Sounds very worrying that." 🤷‍♂️

image.jpeg.2b819399dbc389c0434202d58f3254b9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

No no no! It is all fine. Everything is absolutely rosey. People are dumb and dumber for suggesting otherwise.

It’s an absolute clown show, mate. I would be absolutely shitting it if this tug o’ war of incompetence was happening at HMFC.

Still “pence in the pound” on a WhatsApp group… that’s what really matters here of course.

Yourself and the few remaining fans who not stupid enough to be sucking this swill up really need to start giving the ostriches in your support a shake. 

This has absolute disaster written all over it, man.

This Is Fine GIF