Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

I'm not sure if it's been posted already but Musselburgh announced a special meeting for the 4th of April

If a decision on joining the pyramid is to be at the SJFA EGM then there will have to be a whole load of EGMs being arranged at club level. 

36 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Abacus can do them for 25k second hand light system 5/10k

16 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Dont know what exactly.but im sure they have got to be a certain height and lux to meet criteria for licence.might be wrong though.

For Entry Level, floodlights aren't required, but: "Clubs that have a floodlight system at the ground are recommended to have the following minimum levels: Average – 200 lux Min/Max – 0.25"

Isn't the suggestion that the EGM is going to be held immediately before the AGM on the same day? so you're looking at the 16th June?

Everyone knows the SJFA wont cut a deal in time for next season (if at all) so if clubs want to be in the Pyramid next season, they need to make moves now.

1 minute ago, BoomShakalaka said:

Why would Burgh call a meeting to discuss these issues after the closing date to join? :/

3 options i reckon.

1. They have put a last minute application in and are hoping to get it ratified by the membership

2. They have been told by the EOSL that they will accept a late application

3.  Hoping for a no to make the issue go away (unlikely!)

1 minute ago, BoomShakalaka said:

Why would Burgh call a meeting to discuss these issues after the closing date to join? :/

Because like Clydebank you can plan for the end of next season - if everyone moves then you move with them, if the SJFA botch it then you can move as an individual club at that point

Or maybe they have already submitted an application and are just having it rubber stamped by the members. 

5 minutes ago, oldandround said:

3 options i reckon.

1. They have put a last minute application in and are hoping to get it ratified by the membership

2. They have been told by the EOSL that they will accept a late application

3.  Hoping for a no to make the issue go away (unlikely!)

To me once the Juniors said they were going to discuss going into the pyramid and most clubs wanted to do this per the questionnaire then I would be trying to get out as soon as possible ! or run the risk of being in EOS 2 !

29 minutes ago, ONeils40yarder said:

The whole discussion, to me, sums up Scottish society in a way, complete and total negativity from some for no other possible reason than being feart of any type of change.

A friend I was speaking to pointed it out,  there's something wrong with Scots pyschologically that allows pathetic, endless bickering to hold everyone back.

2 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Dont know what exactly.but im sure they have got to be a certain height and lux to meet criteria for licence.might be wrong though.

200lux on 20mtr shafts 

The issues for most clubs going down the floodlight route is lack on power in the park, floodlights will use a standard 3 phase line all to themselves, best to get 200amp 3 phase 

1 hour ago, Goalie Hamish said:

East Region having a Special General Meeting on 10th April with Johnston and McQueen in attendance. Wonder if those clubs who are leaving will even bother to turn up.

Love to be a fly on the wall for that!

4 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

200lux on 20mtr shafts 

The issues for most clubs going down the floodlight route is lack on power in the park, floodlights will use a standard 3 phase line all to themselves, best to get 200amp 3 phase 

As others have said, its not an Entry Level Licence requirement, and not a requirement at all for tier 6 (EoS/SoS)

2 hours ago, Goalie Hamish said:

East Region having a Special General Meeting on 10th April with Johnston and McQueen in attendance. Wonder if those clubs who are leaving will even bother to turn up.

Might give Johnston a chance to rehearse his party piece to those assembled prior to a repeat performance  at the SJFA AGM to an audience of 55.