Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

East Region almost at the stage of calling the undertaker?

Bo'ness go for a fan consultation - Over the last several weeks club officials have met with representatives from both the SJFA and East of Scotland in order to gather information to bring to our club members regarding options available to ensure the prosperous  future of Bo'ness United Football Club. We feel we are now in a position to bring this information to our club members and ask all members to attend a meeting on Monday 21st May at 6.30pm  in the Sponsors Lounge at the Kinneil School End of Newtown Park..

No doubt influenced by those forum infiltrators and those doing down the "grade" ;)

East Region almost at the stage of calling the undertaker?
Bo'ness go for a fan consultation - Over the last several weeks club officials have met with representatives from both the SJFA and East of Scotland in order to gather information to bring to our club members regarding options available to ensure the prosperous  future of Bo'ness United Football Club. We feel we are now in a position to bring this information to our club members and ask all members to attend a meeting on Monday 21st May at 6.30pm  in the Sponsors Lounge at the Kinneil School End of Newtown Park..
No doubt influenced by those forum infiltrators and those doing down the "grade" [emoji6]

Isnt one of the people going ape on here about the pyramid = bad a BU fan?

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

It was made very clear in meetings and AGM's at the time that the SJFA would only become involved if it remained entirely intact, with it's own structure, its own cups and it's own rules.  Quite a ridiculous position to take of course towards an integrated Pyramid, and one calculated to lead to nothing.  However the vast majority of clubs at the time appeared happy with that stance and to the best of my knowledge it's not changed.

The added threat of "if clubs leave and are relegated from the LL and want to come back, they start at the bottom" also concentrated many minds on the "grade".

But surely that wouldn't have happened, junior clubs being streets ahead of mediocre EOSL sides and jumped up boys clubs with no ground. Or fans.

14 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Only shame was they have been reactive instead of proactive.

Got their eventually though.

Well I guess it depends on the outcome of the meeting, but they wouldn't call one unless they wanted to move?

42 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

:whistle

You had your chance cocktease

31 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Only shame was they have been reactive instead of proactive.

Got their eventually though.

Hopefully 

That’ll put the cat amongst the pigeons at Linlithgow. If it’s confirmed tier 6 for East Juniors is a definite no go could there be a rush for the door? Interesting to see that the EoS would do if they get more than 32 teams trying to be in the league.

6 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

That’ll put the cat amongst the pigeons at Linlithgow. If it’s confirmed tier 6 for East Juniors is a definite no go could there be a rush for the door? Interesting to see that the EoS would do if they get more than 32 teams trying to be in the league.

I’d be surprised if they get more than 32 in all honesty. Having said that, given all of the extra applications would have been put in late they could easily cherrypick the “top” ones and offer the rest deferred entry.

Wonder if Dundonald might step up their deferred entry to next season now?

Dundonald may have done themselves up like a kipper.

So if Bo'ness and AN Other (Dunbar?) also go what does that mean for whats left of the East Region next season? Will the Wee Rose now have to take emergency action?

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Every day without a statement from sjfa should have more superleague east committees getting twitchy

Especially if you're a East Region club that falls North of the Tay. Right now they're stuck on the sidelines having to watch it all go down, not knowing what their real options are.

Especially if you're a East Region club that falls North of the Tay. Right now they're stuck on the sidelines having to watch it all go down, not knowing what their real options are.

Actually I can think of at least 3 teams who might like the Tayside junior league that might well be left behind.

The east region fixture secretary resides in Dundee so everyone's a winner [emoji32]

20 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

That’ll put the cat amongst the pigeons at Linlithgow...

Think the recent stuff from them about being pro-pyramid and having SPFL aspirations was probably genuine, so I suspect they won't be too far behind if Bo'ness do decide to make the move and the implications of the PWG meeting really are as reported on here. The east superleague should have entered the pyramid collectively at tier 6 and regardless of what some people post on here it wasn't completely ridiculous for people to expect that it could still happen, but if it's not going to be allowed to unfold that way by the SFA there's no point fiddling while Rome burns and allowing your club to be the next fallen giant like Whitburn. The ability to try to engineer a collective approach still exists in the west, but it simply isn't there any more in the east.

The collective approach died in the East when the League Champions left and didn't spontaneously combust as predicted by the SJFA. This is reaping what you have sown - the SJFA in their cupidity have shot themselves in the foot.

Not my Twitter account. Having spoke to several committee at Glenrothes On Saturday, the club have no plans on applying to the EoS league. None.

Not sure that is exactly true Ali but if it was I’d be very disappointed being a Dunbar supporter myself. Every other team in the county will be senior and we are left behind losing out on the derbies is not good for Dunbar it’s time to move on with our neighbours imho

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Well I guess it depends on the outcome of the meeting, but they wouldn't call one unless they wanted to move?

I think like many they have finally bowed to pressure and actually realised they need to engage with fans.

The announcement that so many clubs were going was a wake up call even the pro junior aspect of committee can't ignore.  

Like I said though BU should have been at forefront not scrambling about in desperation.