Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We're quite happy with things as they are up here, thank you, but for movement between level 6 and 5. Just because you've made a clusterfuck of things down south doesn't mean you get to f**k up our system as well. Blank slate my arse.

P.S. It might be possible to fast track some of the top teams (however you decide that) into the Superleague by expanding it from 14 to 16 or 18. I really hate the idea of a parallel Tayside Superleague leaching on to our structure.

The North Region Superleague is not part of the SFA pyramid. Tayside is also not part of the North Region of the SJFA pyramid. You're essentially using the same argument that the West Superleague and East Superleague have used to be placed in at Tier 6, and its not exactly done wonders for them.

Let's say you're Lochee United and you see all your former East Region Superleague contemporaries getting an SFA Licence. You decide you want one as well:

Lochee: "I'd like to apply for a SFA Licence please, here's our deposit."

SFA: "Everything seems above board here. Let's see Lochee, Lochee where are you on the map...OMG!!!!!! You're from NORTH the tay! This is so exciting! We don't get many of applications from your way. In fact we've started calling you lot Nessies because you are basically a myth!"

Lochee: "Okay, back to the licence please."

SFA: "Everything looks good here and as you know you've got to make a commitment to the SFA Pyramid?"

Lochee: "Yes."

SFA: "North of the Tay. That means an application to...let's check here...the Highland League."

Lochee: "We don't have floodlights, I don't think we'd get in."

SFA: "Well, if they say no. I guess you can stay in whatever league you're in. Hasn't done Golspie Sutherland and Banks O'Dee any harm."

Lochee: "So there's no Tier 6 league North of the Tay that we can join to get in the pyramid?"

SFA: "Not right now, maybe we'll start working on one if there's enough interest. The Highland League have said they'd split into divisions if they go past 21 members. Maybe have a word with Golspie and Banks O'Dee and then if HL2 gets started up it won't have floodlights as a requirement. Tell your friends."

9 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

The ship is sinking and the rats are leaving. Gonna be funny watching them bang oan the door wanting intae the eos after crucifying it :-)

The rats have left ...they will be welcomed with open arms 

So you'd have one Superleague covering the whole of the Highlands and North East (minus the NCL), and another Superleague for the villages around Tayside and Perthshire to play against their neighbours?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

So you'd have one Superleague covering the whole of the Highlands and North East (minus the NCL), and another Superleague for the villages around Tayside and Perthshire to play against their neighbours?

No, i'd have a new NoSFL formed through all the clubs interested in joining the SFA Pyramid. Open to everyone North of the Tay whether they be from the North Region, East Region, NCL or even amateurs/boys clubs. This then becomes the SFA sanctioned Tier 6 league for North of the Tay. Same rules as the EoSFL/SoSFL licenced champions get promoted.

And if there's not enough of them get just 3 licenced clubs to apply to the Highland League forcing them to split into divisions with a Highland League 2. This could likely having less stringent entry criteria and Highland League 2 basically becomes what the NoSFL would be.

37 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

No, i'd have a new NoSFL formed through all the clubs interested in joining the SFA Pyramid. Open to everyone North of the Tay whether they be from the North Region, East Region, NCL or even amateurs/boys clubs. This then becomes the SFA sanctioned Tier 6 league for North of the Tay. Same rules as the EoSFL/SoSFL licenced champions get promoted.

And if there's not enough of them get just 3 licenced clubs to apply to the Highland League forcing them to split into divisions with a Highland League 2. This could likely having less stringent entry criteria and Highland League 2 basically becomes what the NoSFL would be.

The HL is under no obligation to accept licensed applicants, and very few clubs or supporters are in favour of a split. If this tier 6 scheme of yours was a condition for the Pyramid, I feel sure the Highland League, Superleague, West Region, East Region and NCL would all say f**k the Pyramid in that case, in a vote. Probably the Taysiders too. Cove and may a couple of other Shire teams could apply to join the Tayside villagers. Are you talking about multiple tier 6 leagues by the way, and throw of the dice play offs to see who gets promoted? Or if it's one region wide Superleague how is it decided which teams merit inclusion?  Orkney away to  Luncarty? Applying Southern solutions to  Highland football doesn't work, the situations are entirely different.

Edited by welshbairn

I think the EoS should now offer places to all remaining Fife and West Lothian teams. Next season have 4 regional leagues.

Fife league 14 juniors plus Shippy and Hillfield Swift's = 16

West Lothian/Clackmannanshire/Central league 15 juniors plus Dunipace and Stirling Uni = 17

Edinburgh and East Lothian 12 team's (maybe nab Broxburn and Pumperston to balance a bit) and could play x 3 if needed

Midlothian and Borders 11 team's (could nab Broxburn/pumphy)

Top teams play off for promotion to LL

Top 4 create EoS premier of 16 teams in 2019

Next 5 in Fife and West Lothian leagues and next 3 in Mid/borders and Edinburgh/Eat league make up 16 team 1st Division

Remainder make up roughly divided leagues of South East and Fife &West districts

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Can understand why he's upset after being on a high about gaining automatic promotion yesterday. A season's hard work rendered meaningless with no reward of playing the top east region teams from south of the Tay next season as they are all scrambling for the exit.

It was on record in the the Evening News how many applications had been received by March 31st and they were all accepted.

In fairness he has every right to be

3 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Although it would affect my club adversely, I agree with you.  The ones who made the deadline should start in a higher place than those now applying in panic.  However, let's face it, the EOS would desperately like to have a league with Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness & Linlithgow in it, a huge feather in their cap and so will accommodate accordingly.

I would love to have Bonnyrigg, Bo’ness and Linlithgow in the Eos, even if they’ve held back to the end and feel they have no choice, I’ve never said any different. My gripe is these Parallel leagues are a shite idea, to promise tier 6 to all the newcomers. When the official list of clubs does come out, it wouldn’t take a genius to put clubs into a league that’s best for them, insuring as much as possible games are tight, competitive and worth watching. Does anyone actually enjoy watching a double figure mauling. I just think common sense has to come in to play. Anyway I think by the end of the week they’ll have to have a rethink as more will cross over by deadline day

1 hour ago, Goalie Hamish said:

The ship is sinking and the rats are leaving. Gonna be funny watching them bang oan the door wanting intae the eos after crucifying it :-)

Cmon Hamish, you’re better than this 

Edited by heedthebaa

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The HL is under no obligation to accept licensed applicants, and very few clubs or supporters are in favour of a split. If this tier 6 scheme of yours was a condition for the Pyramid, I feel sure the Highland League, Superleague, West Region, East Region and NCL would all say f**k the Pyramid in that case, in a vote. Probably the Taysiders too. Cove and may a couple of other Shire teams could apply to join the Tayside villagers. Are you talking about multiple tier 6 leagues by the way, and throw of the dice play offs to see who gets promoted? Or if it's one region wide Superleague how is it decided which teams merit inclusion?  Orkney away to  Luncarty? Applying Southern solutions to  Highland football doesn't work, the situations are entirely different.

Why would Highland League/Tier 5 Cove Rangers sign up for a Tier 6 league?

Edited by FairWeatherFan

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Why would Highland League/Tier 5 Cove Rangers sign up for a Tier 6 league?

If the HL were forced to abandon the Pyramid due to Southern nonsense. Won't happen anyway, what Tayside part timer would be up for regular away games in the likes of Wick or Thurso. They'd probably just apply for transfers to teams below the line.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

If the HL were forced to abandon the Pyramid due to Southern nonsense. Won't happen anyway, what Tayside part timer would be up for regular midweek away games in the likes of Wick or Thurso?

So we're back into Elgin on Tuesdays territory with a bunch of bullshit scaremongering scenarios very good. There's a job for you in the SJFA, TJ doesn't seem to care about the North Region i'm sure he won't mind you taking up assitant secretary to the North Region post.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So we're back into Elgin on Tuesdays territory with a bunch of bullshit scaremongering scenarios very good. There's a job for you in the SJFA, TJ doesn't seem to care about the North Region i'm sure he won't mind you taking up assitant secretary to the North Region post.

You ask a few Tayside teams what they think of your glorious plan and get back to me, never mind the current Northern Superleague clubs who got there by merit.

Edited by welshbairn

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The childish comments are certainly coming out now.  If would be nice, although well-nigh impossible, if people could think of the future of the game in this country, for the good of the game.  Instead we have petty squabbles developing all over.  Name-calling and protectionism are of no help.

2 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Can someone explain to me what the format of the EoS leagues will be ie how it's decided which teams go which league ECT.

Other than every EoS being at Tier 6 there hasn't been any firm idea of what the format would look like for 2018-19. The plan was 2x16 with the EoS Qualifying Leagues being used as a way to seed clubs. That idea could be extended to 2x18 but it'd maybe be based on geography or a caclulated judgment. At the moment it looks like there could be more than 36 clubs, so no one can say for certain.

3 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Can someone explain to me what the format of the EoS leagues will be ie how it's decided which teams go which league ECT.

What I've been told is that every team will get a Number - Hawick will be 1, Bonnyrigg will be 2 and so on and so on based on finishing positions from this season.

Hawick and the odd numbers will be in League A

Bonnyrigg and the even numbers will be in League B

That way the EOS will split the clubs so that each of the parallel leagues is of a similar standard with a equal split of Junior and EoS clubs.

HOWEVER, that was on Wednesday and things appear to have moved on greatly since then.

Can someone seriously give me reasons why clubs are heading for the EOSL, lack of competition? Money?  Ambition to win the SPFL Premiership/ Scottish Cup?

Genuine question, I'm struggling to see why the panic at this point in time?

You would be better going west if that helps.its all about climate change [emoji38]
It's actually an option that's been mentioned but all the hard work been put in this season to reach our goal of super league this seems a no no to start there in the bottom. Personal opinion is too many jumping ship for the WRONG reasons. Also the silence from the SJFA ain't helping anyone we are in between a rock and a hard place just now imo

6 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Until we all know the final figures  of who is in what grade, we will not know a thing, rumours aside, about how it will be made-up.