Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

It's actually an option that's been mentioned but all the hard work been put in this season to reach our goal of super league this seems a no no to start there in the bottom. Personal opinion is too many jumping ship for the WRONG reasons. Also the silence from the SJFA ain't helping anyone we are in between a rock and a hard place just now imo

JC perhaps you’ll be the first to tell us what these wrong reasons are?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You ask a few Tayside teams what they think of your glorious plan and get back to me, never mind the current Northern Superleague clubs who got there by merit.

For starters I don't expect it to happen as the Taysiders seem more inclined to stick with the SJFA for 2018-19 and maybe beyond in a return to their Tayside league or what ever is left of the East Region.

However i'd say the NoSFL through open application or HL2 is more likely to happen than a Tayside District league feeding into a North Region Superleague that are simply being tacked onto the SFA pyramid at Tiers 6&7.

2 minutes ago, clickclick said:

Can someone seriously give me reasons why clubs are heading for the EOSL, lack of competition? Money?  Ambition to win the SPFL Premiership/ Scottish Cup?

Genuine question, I'm struggling to see why the panic at this point in time?

The first clubs did it mainly to do licensing and get into the Scottish cup every season and then things reached a tipping point where what was going to be left started to look significantly weaker than what was going to be in the EoS moving forward.

I would love to have Bonnyrigg, Bo’ness and Linlithgow in the Eos, even if they’ve held back to the end and feel they have no choice, I’ve never said any different. My gripe is these Parallel leagues are a shite idea, to promise tier 6 to all the newcomers. When the official list of clubs does come out, it wouldn’t take a genius to put clubs into a league that’s best for them, insuring as much as possible games are tight, competitive and worth watching. Does anyone actually enjoy watching a double figure mauling. I just think common sense has to come in to play. Anyway I think by the end of the week they’ll have to have a rethink as more will cross over by deadline day

Problem with that is that it's 2 months since the initial deadline and a month since those teams who met the initial deadline were accepted and told that everyone would play at teir 6 for at least this transitional season.

Those teams have been busy signing (or agreeing to sign) players for next season on that basis, with many of those players signing because of that. They know it will all be the same level for one season and they knew the teams (26 at that point) they would be facing.

Shifting the goalposts on those clubs now, potentially impacting the agreements they have made with players and negatively impacting their preparations for a move they've been planning for for some time, in order to suit a number of big clubs who have, at the last minute, panicked and want to move seems unfair on those initial clubs.

No one would disagree that as many clubs as possible should be accommodated, but that now has to be at Teir 6 as originally publicised so it doesn't impact those clubs who had the foresight to make this move prior to the initial deadline and have been signing players on that basis since 26th April when they were accepted.

2 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

The childish comments are certainly coming out now.  If would be nice, although well-nigh impossible, if people could think of the future of the game in this country, for the good of the game.  Instead we have petty squabbles developing all over.  Name-calling and protectionism are of no help.

He started it. :P Ripping apart the structure of Highland football to solve the problems of a handful of Junior teams North of the Tay when all it needs is the enforcement of promotion from the Superleague to the HL and a label change from Junior to Senior is insane. Solutions for the South aren't necessarily appropriate for the North.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The first clubs did it mainly to do licensing and get into the Scottish cup every season and then things reached a tipping point where what was going to be left started to look significantly weaker than what was going to be in the EoS moving forward.

Does anyone have a figure for cost on getting licensed?  Read the first few pages on the EOSL, quite a scary proposition depending where a club is in their development.  Appreciate the docs say there will be assistance, surely clubs will be at varying stages in their development.

JC perhaps you’ll be the first to tell us what these wrong reasons are?
Again personal opinion

I don't get the teams who struggle junior close to top junior sides with big fan bases going. It won't change the 2 guys and a dog through the gates imo. These are just my personal opinions but I don't get it as there is no league structure all this money EoS teams apparently get at the moment will now need to be split out to say another 30 clubs so that pot becomes a great deal smaller. Just feels like a fashion trend imo as I keep saying Kelty Bonnyrigg ECT I get their angle that makes sense but others are bewildering to me

1 minute ago, clickclick said:

Does anyone have a figure for cost on getting licensed?  Read the first few pages on the EOSL, quite a scary proposition depending where a club is in their development.  Appreciate the docs say there will be assistance, surely clubs will be at varying stages in their development.

It will vary from club to club, so not easy to put a figure on it. A lot depends on the existing spectator cover and dressing room facilities that you have. 

Just now, jc1 said:

Again personal opinion

I don't get the teams who struggle junior close to top junior sides with big fan bases going. It won't change the 2 guys and a dog through the gates imo. These are just my personal opinions but I don't get it as there is no league structure all this money EoS teams apparently get at the moment will now need to be split out to say another 30 clubs so that pot becomes a great deal smaller. Just feels like a fashion trend imo as I keep saying Kelty Bonnyrigg ECT I get their angle that makes sense but others are bewildering to me

That's my thoughts at the minute mate.  If your not doing well in one League, surely, you'll not doing well in the new one?  Don't imagine there's an empty pit, who gets priority?

4 minutes ago, clickclick said:

The licence itself has a £2k application deposit. In terms of support, up to £10k in stadium and facility improvement grants can be applied for every year, other assistance also offered.

Just now, Born To Run said:

The licence itself has a £2k application deposit. In terms of support, up to £10k in stadium and facility improvement grants can be applied for every year, other assistance also offered.

Cheers for clarifying.

6 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Again personal opinion

There are progression opportunities available in the EoS that aren't offered in the Juniors. This isn't a knee jerk from the original movers, this is a long term strategy to improve the club on and off the park.

4 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Again personal opinion

Fair dos,

Again, personally speaking, I feel that the farce that is the leadership of the SJFA has caused a lot of this.  They have done nothing to honestly re-assure clubs.  All they have said have turned out to be, at best, half-truths.  When you have no trust in the leadership but can't realistically change it, then you are left with one alternative.  Get out!

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Latest from Scottishjuniorfitba. 

"Here is one comment made ' when an opponent is down go in for the kill ' this is an example of how people are talking about a grade of football that has been around for over 125 years in communities . Appalling stuff"

Maybe the EOS have taken heed of this

Name the clubs that are saying that by moving to the EOS league then they are getting extra money.
Why name them??? It's what I've physically heard. Don't need to name them as there's more than a couple under this impression as it came from clubs moving that's why I believed there was extra cash for clubs going into the EoS league.

Latest from Scottishjuniorfitba. 

"Here is one comment made ' when an opponent is down go in for the kill ' this is an example of how people are talking about a grade of football that has been around for over 125 years in communities . Appalling stuff"

And football will still be played in those communities.

Appalling stuff to think differently.

Fair dos,
Again, personally speaking, I feel that the farce that is the leadership of the SJFA has caused a lot of this.  They have done nothing to honestly re-assure clubs.  All they have said have turned out to be, at best, half-truths.  When you have no trust in the leadership but can't realistically change it, then you are left with one alternative.  Get out!
I agree the SJFA have not acted as from my personal circumstances just now is we don't know what or where we are playing next season. My club and players have worked their arses off all season on and off the park to gain promotion. We have now done that instead of celebrating we don't know what's happening it's very frustrating

6 minutes ago, jc1 said:
10 minutes ago, gogsy said:
Name the clubs that are saying that by moving to the EOS league then they are getting extra money.

Why name them??? It's what I've physically heard. Don't need to name them as there's more than a couple under this impression as it came from clubs moving that's why I believed there was extra cash for clubs going into the EoS league.

Well, clubs can work towards a club license as EoS members, something they cannot do in the SJFA. This brings with it entry into the Scottish Cup preliminaries which comes with appearance money (low 4 figures). There are other benefits too but that's the most obvious one. Non-licensed league winners also get Scottish Cup entry, as do the winners of the South/East Shield (a play off vs a South of Scotland side for the winner of the Alex Jack Cup, entered by all EoS sides not licensed).

Edited by cmontheloknow

Well I havent seen any statement from any club leaving the juniors  thats that says they will get more money from just joining EOS league. 

Maybe what they had in mind is the money that goes with being a licensed club? That can add up to 15k or so with Scottish Cup money factored in.