Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

More likely it will kill off some of the Juniors teams in Dundee.

How? Only a limited amount would be involved - the remainder would play in a league much like the current one.

The ones facing the trip up the A90 already have regular trips through Fife to the Lothians as they're part of the East Super and Premier (or yoyo into and out of them). The travel times are not dissimilar. The likes of Forfar Albion etc are not likely to have sustained spells in a hypothetical expanded North regional division. Very few of the far flung North region sides would get into the top division, much like the situation with the North Super Premier, heavily concentrated around Aberdeen.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Just now, never been to scotland said:

Why does it need a merged top tier? Surely you can keep the leagues separate and have the winners go up to the Highland with two or three coming down?

Apparenltly not. That constitutes as Tayside clubs being parachuted in. It would also be better for a merged set up as the Tayiside region might get watered down.

Right now they'd start with 16 but even a couple get promoted and stay there you're struggling for numbers.

Just for clarity sake (and I will use the word Juniors for that purpose too!):

"Highland Division 2"

Banks o' Dee
Broughty Athletic
Carnoustie Panmure
Culter
Downfield
Dundee North End
Dyce
Ellon Utd
Forfar West End
Kirriemuir Thistle
Hermes
Lochee United
Luncarty
Maud
Montrose Roselea
Stonehaven

Beneath that...

4 regional divisions (with / without multi tiers)

North Caley League / North Juniors (West Section) / North Juniors (East Section) / Tayside Juniors

Promotion up... play offs, automatic relegation?

12 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

If *any* Tayside side wanted to be a part of the pyramid they need to be in a league that feeds into the Highland League. The structure therefore needs to be put in place for that eventuality. This is for the PWG rather than P&B however! :D

Surely @Burnie_man and his grade destroying powers could have it set up by Tuesday!

6 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

Why does it need a merged top tier? Surely you can keep the leagues separate and have the winners go up to the Highland with two or three coming down?

If the LL is going to have EoS, WoS and SoS directly beneath it then three tier 6 feeders for the HL seems reasonable enough. Pyramids are supposed to be about keeping things local at the lower tiers not bankrupting clubs with exhorbitant bus hires to play in front of a crofter called Calum and a couple of sheep.

23 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Does who I support bar me from having an opinion? At least I openly share who I support, my mummified Egyptian king.

No need to get personal. Thought anybody Pollok minded would have more class rather than just go with the eff Dundee line. 

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Just for clarity sake (and I will use the word Juniors for that purpose too!):

"Highland Division 2"

Banks o' Dee
Broughty Athletic
Carnoustie Panmure
Culter
Downfield
Dundee North End
Dyce
Ellon Utd
Forfar West End
Kirriemuir Thistle
Hermes
Lochee United
Luncarty
Maud
Montrose Roselea
Stonehaven

Beneath that...

4 regional divisions (with / without multi tiers)

North Caley League / North Juniors (West Section) / North Juniors (East Section) / Tayside Juniors

Promotion up... play offs, automatic relegation?

What justifies Tayside juniors going straight into  Highland Division 2 and not, say Golspie or Orkney?

6 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

No need to get personal. Thought anybody Pollok minded would have more class rather than just go with the eff Dundee line. 

I believe it was yourself who got personal - the only line I'm going with is the one that says the Highland League catchment begins at 56.4513 decimal degrees, the northern shore of the Tay at Dundee Airport. Until that is altered, the Dundee clubs are not going to find a home with their old friends from Fife.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

How many of the 70-80 odd clubs in the regional leagues of the pyramid do you think are chasing one of the 42 spots in the SPFL?

It's almost as if aspiring to be a SPFL  club isn't their sole motivation for moving.

milk...honey...pot of gold...untold riches...hand outs

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If the LL is going to have EoS, WoS and SoS directly beneath it then three tier 6 feeders for the HL seems reasonable enough. Pyramids are supposed to be about keeping things local at the lower tiers not bankrupting clubs with exhorbitant bus hires to play in front of a crofter called Calum and a couple of sheep.

Bigger crowd than a man and a dog...

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

milk...honey...pot of gold...untold riches...hand outs

If it's going to cost them all a couple of grand just to apply for a licence, plus x amount on implementing whatever might be required. It seems like they're going to be stuck investing all that money into the facilities of the club first then, then the players will be out for their handout. Doesn't seem like much of a get rick quick scheme to me.

I believe it was yourself who got personal - the only line I'm going with is the one that says the Highland League catchment begins at 56.4513 decimal degrees, the northern shore of the Tay at Dundee Airport. Until that is altered, the Dundee clubs are not going to find a home with their old friends from Fife.

Can tell us all about the Highland Region but nothing about Pollok's view on the pyramid in the West.

23 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If it's going to cost them all a couple of grand just to apply for a licence, plus x amount on implementing whatever might be required. It seems like they're going to be stuck investing all that money into the facilities of the club first then, then the players will be out for their handout. Doesn't seem like much of a get rick quick scheme to me.

And then get dumped out the Scottish Cup in August. You'd get your money back in about 30 years.

Just now, Tutankhamen said:

Can tell us all about the Highland Region but nothing about Pollok's view on the pyramid in the West.

No, I can tell you all about where the Highland League begins and the LL ends which is what's being discussed here. I have presented what possible change may look like. It's not for me to impose that on anyone. the PWG I'm sure will have ideas for how to resolve the difficult situation facing East Region clubs north of the line.

What Pollok's views on the pyramid are are nothing to do with me as I have not been on committee there for almost a decade and because of current personal circumstances rarely even get to games these days. I'm sure those running the club are looking at the options responsibly and the leaked survey results (they pop up on here often enough) showed the club to be in favour of the pyramid.

No, I can tell you all about where the Highland League begins and the LL ends which is what's being discussed here. I have presented what possible change may look like. It's not for me to impose that on anyone. the PWG I'm sure will have ideas for how to resolve the difficult situation facing East Region clubs north of the line.

What Pollok's views on the pyramid are are nothing to do with me as I have not been on committee there for almost a decade and because of current personal circumstances rarely even get to games these days. I'm sure those running the club are looking at the options responsibly and the leaked survey results (they pop up on here often enough) showed the club to be in favour of the pyramid.

At least your honest. 

4 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

And then get dumped out the Scottish Cup in August. You'd get your money back in about 30 years.

Short term pain, long term gain. Speculate to accumulate. Choose your cliche. It's a lot better than 'settle for nothing' which is the only avenue open to Junior clubs presently.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 minute ago, Tutankhamen said:

More likely to be September, but I get the point.

It's far better for them to stay in the Juniors get knocked out by October in a horrible tie that costs money. All the rooting around for loose change will keep them active in the winter months, rather than waiting around for the SFA's cheque to clear.