Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 minutes ago, redstarbenhar said:

Everyone seems to be assuming a new WOSFL is going to happen but how easy is it to set up from a league from scratch to be operating within the pyramid for 19/20 season ? Someone, or some group, need to have a plan to make it happen and then deliver that plan.  Unless there have been clandestine get togethers to organise all there is at the moment is a blank sheet of paper.

It appears they can’t even decide who would run it! This is TJ’s last chance to do something, he has lost the East Juniors, and if the West is started by another organisation he is dead in the water........some may argue he is already.

Edited by Baxter's Nutmeg

11 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Jolly good, so you accept they will all be stronger than the current mediocrity and will indeed enhance the league. Well done.

East Kilbride have been playing 'senior football' since 2013 and by your judgment are capable of competing against the best of Junior football.

BSC Glasgow have been playing 'senior football' since 2014 and by your judgment are capable of competing against the best of Junior football.

Your current mediocrity in the Lowland League this season are working on improving themselves so that they can compete with whoever they have to face going forward. And they don't seem to be scared or put off by the current best of Junior football.

43 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's what happens in every single league all over the world you complete muppet - the shite teams get relegated and the better ones get promoted.  Quite why a new league would be any different is anyone's guess. I fail to see how this supports your argument but if you want to claim sort of victory in this debate on that basis then wire in, I'll be sat over here with a beer and a belly full of laughter.

Don't be so thick ya numpty.

Do you think the EPL is enhanced every year? Of course it isn't. If teams go up and back down again or settle near the relegation zone they have added nothing to the long-term overall quality of the league.

If on  the other hand you get rid of half of the league and replace it with better teams of course you enhance it.

I'm sorry you're too thick to  understand that.

Edited by Khufu2

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

East Kilbride have been playing 'senior football' since 2013 and by your judgment are capable of competing against the best of Junior football.

BSC Glasgow have been playing 'senior football' since 2014 and by your judgment are capable of competing against the best of Junior football.

Your current mediocrity in the Lowland League this season are working on improving themselves so that they can compete with whoever they have to face going forward. And they don't seem to be scared or put off by the current best of Junior football.

Excellent.  Just another 10 to go.

I have no idea what sense the final sentence is meant to convey.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

All you really need is 12 clubs to say yes and work from there. Right now if Clydebank are okay with the WoSFL, only 11 more clubs are required.

Presumably if Dalbeattie (or Edusport/Gretna) were relegated they would also join a WoSFL for 2019/20. You wonder if Threave or any other SoSFL team would join - still a trip north every second week but less travelling than playing in the LL.

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Presumably if Dalbeattie (or Edusport/Gretna) were relegated they would also join a WoSFL for 2019/20. You wonder if Threave or any other SoSFL team would join - still a trip north every second week but less travelling than playing in the LL.

Why would they join the WoSL? They are in the south of Scotland and the south of Scotland has its own league.

1 minute ago, Khufu2 said:

Don't be so thick ya numpty.

Do you think the EPL is enhanced every year? Of course it isn't. If teams go up and back down again or settle near the relegation zone they have added nothing to the long-term overall quality of the league.

If on  the other hand you get rid of half of the league and replace it with better teams of course you enhance it.

I'm sorry you're to thick to  understand that.

Right. Except you can't just tell supposed "mediocre" teams that they're out the league and bring in whoever you like so "replacing half the league with better teams" is an utterly ridiculous stand point to take.

If all clubs joined the pyramid, every league would be healthy and competitive eventually. The reason we have such a difference in quality right now is because certain so called big teams in the juniors refused to join the league set up (and then cried about the league not being good a la you right here). Some other "mediocre clubs" as you like to call them had some foresight and joined up, I'm sure they'll start to reap the benefits of that too and build themselves up as clubs. 

It's probably not worth the effort of restating the obvious for the gazillionth time, but I will anyway. No-one apart from the true believers themselves accepts that the so-called "big" junior teams are "superior" in any way; and we never will until they start demonstrating this on the pitch, over the course of a season (or more), competing against their peers in an efficiently organised league system.  And every time one of you flat earthers calls anyone else "thick" for failing to accept your pseudo-religious doctrine as quantifiable fact, it sets your cause back even more.

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

When it comes to the Lowland League clubs I think some of them would prefer to be relegated into a WoSFL than the SoSFL or EoSFL. Particularly Dalbeattie, Edusport and Gretna 2008 (even with their links to the EoSFL).

I also think the SoSFL might prefer dropping to Tier 7 feeding into a Tier 6 WoSFL. The prospect of being promoted directly into the Lowland League with trips spread across the whole of the South of the Tay might take a toll on them. Trips into what essentially would be Strathclyde would be easier in terms of travel and probably player recruitment.

Clubs like Bonnyton Thistle, Threave Rovers opting for a WoSFL gives the SoSFL the excuse to step down to Tier 7 status through losing numbers in their membership.

11 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Why would they join the WoSL? They are in the south of Scotland and the south of Scotland has its own league.

The SoS league covers an area with a population of 150,000 or so. That means it is a bit like having a local Falkirk area amateur league minus Falkirk, Stenny, the Shire, Camelon and Dunipace (as the equivalents to QoS, Annan, Stranraer, Dalbeattie and Gretna) playing at tier 6. It really belongs further down than that, so there's a good chance the SoS will ultimately wind up being a feeder to the new WoS setup rather than the LL.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

"Right. Except you can't just tell supposed "mediocre" teams that they're out the league and bring in whoever you like so "replacing half the league with better teams" is an utterly ridiculous stand point to take."

But then no one is taking that standpoint, are they?  There needs to be far better promotion opportunities than 1 up one down though.  4 up/down would sort out the east in a couple of years.

If all clubs joined the pyramid, every league would be healthy and competitive eventually. The reason we have such a difference in quality right now is because certain so called big teams in the juniors refused to join the league set up (and then cried about the league not being good a la you right here). Some other "mediocre clubs" as you like to call them had some foresight and joined up, I'm sure they'll start to reap the benefits of that too and build themselves up as clubs. 

Instead of dwelling in the past, why not deal with the present and future? How do you ensure that the pyramid works with a significant number of better clubs not being stuck on a lower level than poorer clubs. We've seen this season that in the EoS two teams were head and shoulders above the rest of the league and are  head and shoulders above many in the LL - but the ludicrous 1up/down has scuppered LTHV's chances and now there will be another influx of teams  into EoS who are better than several at the higher level.  Heaven knows how long that queue will be if the WoS gets going.

18 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It's probably not worth the effort of restating the obvious for the gazillionth time, but I will anyway. No-one apart from the true believers themselves accepts that the so-called "big" junior teams are "superior" in any way; and we never will until they start demonstrating this on the pitch, over the course of a season (or more), competing against their peers in an efficiently organised league system.

OK if you think Selkirk and Edusport and Edin Uni and Dalbeattie and VoL and Whitehill are on a par with Bonnyrigg or Linlithgow or Bo'ness then there isn't much hope for you.  Your solution is a nonsense - how can the top  8 in the EoS demonstrate on the pitch the fact that they are superior to many LL clubs when they will have to wait up to 8 years to do so?  

And every time one of you flat earthers calls anyone else "thick" for failing to accept your pseudo-religious doctrine as quantifiable fact, it sets your cause back even more.

LOL!!!  .  I suppose "muppet" must be OK in your blinkered mind. ""Muppet" was what I was replying to. Like for like. Check a few facts before making a fool of yourself.

Edited by Khufu2

8 minutes ago, gogsy said:

The only thing that scuppered LTHVs chances is the fact they didn't have a licence to go up, 1 up/1 down had nothing to do with it.

Stop bringing facts into it, Khufu is nothing but a poor alias account of a troll. His language gave him away within a couple of posts when he "joined"

9 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

It's probably not worth the effort of restating the obvious for the gazillionth time, but I will anyway. No-one apart from the true believers themselves accepts that the so-called "big" junior teams are "superior" in any way; and we never will until they start demonstrating this on the pitch, over the course of a season (or more), competing against their peers in an efficiently organised league system.

OK if you think Selkirk and Edusport and Edin Uni and Dalbeattie and VoL and Whitehill are on a par with Bonnyrigg or Linlithgow or Bo'ness then there isn't much hope for you.  Your solution is a nonsense - how can the top  8 in the EoS demonstrate on the pitch the fact that they are superior to many LL clubs when they will have to wait up to 8 years to do so?  

And every time one of you flat earthers calls anyone else "thick" for failing to accept your pseudo-religious doctrine as quantifiable fact, it sets your cause back even more.

LOL!!!  .  I suppose "muppet" must be OK in your blinkered mind. ""Muppet" was what I was replying to. Like for like. Check a few facts before making a fool of yourself.

You still seem VERY upset.

2 minutes ago, drs said:

Stop bringing facts into it, Khufu is nothing but a poor alias account of a troll. His language gave him away within a couple of posts when he "joined"

Sherlock's arrived.

14 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

I get it you're a mummy nowadays and are so used to your surroundings staying the same. Unfortunately the format of promotion/relegation won't stay the same for the next 8 years.