Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Tragic to see people still thinking clubs are only leaving for money and promotion when its clearly been set out time and time again why the Seniors are a far more attractive proposition than staying in the crumbling Junior "grade".

Still, we await that list of reasons why the "grade" is so superior and the benefits it brings to clubs as opposed to the EoS.........

15 minutes ago, drs said:

Tragic to see people still thinking clubs are only leaving for money and promotion when its clearly been set out time and time again why the Seniors are a far more attractive proposition than staying in the crumbling Junior "grade".

Still, we await that list of reasons why the "grade" is so superior and the benefits it brings to clubs as opposed to the EoS.........

Exactly, lots of money and promotion aren't guaranteed, but they are definitely not available in the juniors anyway while there are many other benefits of switching. Fair enough if people want their club to stay junior, I might not understand/agree but everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's just the attitude of the people slagging off clubs leaving, belittling the senior divisions/clubs and saying it's all about money / milk and honey / promotion etc. whilst it's clearly not. Yet these are often the same people who criticise others for slagging off the junior "grade"...

Just noticed that khufu was a wee dig about me not saying by "level" I meant "level on the pyramid" or "level of quality" despite me clearly stating what I meant. When this was pointed out to him he disappeared, despite being quick to reply before that. However tutankhamen turned up instead.

Weird that aint it?

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Here a live one.

25? teams jump through the hoops and one might get the chance to go up per season. You not figured it out yet.

So only the top three or four teams capable of winning the Superleague should move to the EoS? No one else is allowed to move to keep their local derbies? And what happens in the next year, when a team that's left wins the Superleague, can they move over as well?

On another note,hearing this morning that Whitburn will be applying to join the West Juniors!!!
Heard it from a committee member of one of our local rival's.

Clubs switching regions must give 1 years notice.

Haven't said much regarding the pyramid, but it seems that anyone who states anything remotely criticising it within minutes is rounded on by a group, ridiculed and ganged up on in a adolescent playground style. There have been a few posters banned on this discussion, it does seem that those banned all have suspicions about the pyramid and the way the discussion is conducted on this thread. Does make you wonder, are the mods impartial?  

Oh, and before anyone says it, I am Isa!

Seems to be another trend, lumber anyone with an opposite view to the pyramid as Isa in disguise.

Now reached silly levels. If your Junior club has left to go Senior it's time you started to pack up and move over to the EoSL forum. One chap has posted on here 10 times to every one post on the EoSL forum. His team left the Juniors a year ago. Sadly some are just here to snipe at the Juniors.

I am Isa.

Just wondering how the supporters of the "Missing Six" - Kennoway Star Hearts, Fauldhouse United, Thornton Hibs, Glenrothes Juniors, Bathgate Thistle and Whitburn Juniors - teams that have has a creditable SJFA East Region Superleague pedigree - feel about their clubs rejection of the EoSL and progress?

I can quite understand the postion of Tayport given their geographical juxtaposition with Dundee and the north of the Tay clubs. I can understand the SJFA East Region South Division clubs hanging back for another season - they basically have nothing to lose.

However what the "Missing Six" have rejected  in my opinion the opportunity for rapid progress via an exciting new "level playing field"  to again play against the likes of Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic, Linlithgow Rose and Bo'ness United at the highest level.

In my view the "Missing Six" are the big losers - in particular Bathgate Thistle with their wonderful history. They are the club that in my view had a wonderful opportunity to turn things around and have totally spurned it. Was their decision to stay made on the basis of reasoned justifications or tribalistic loyalties?

Edited by Pyramidic

Yes teams are leaving the juniors to go senior however until the meeting at Easter Rd tomorrow and the ending of the season which is Saturday so at this point in time all clubs are still Junior so therefore are more than able to reply on this forum if they so wish

33 minutes ago, Owen Morgan said:

Haven't said much regarding the pyramid, but it seems that anyone who states anything remotely criticising it within minutes is rounded on by a group, ridiculed and ganged up on in a adolescent playground style. There have been a few posters banned on this discussion, it does seem that those banned all have suspicions about the pyramid and the way the discussion is conducted on this thread. Does make you wonder, are the mods impartial?  

Oh, and before anyone says it, I am Isa!

Seems to be another trend, lumber anyone with an opposite view to the pyramid as Isa in disguise.

You have two or three posters posting the exam same thing over and over again against the pyramid and it gets quite boring.  If people lay out the reasons why they prefer the juniors (history, Junior cup etc) they will get shown some respect.  If they constantly post digs at people and make the same post 100 times then people react negatively.

Either two or three users on here are the same person or they all share identical views and have similar posting styles. 

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Now reached silly levels. If your Junior club has left to go Senior it's time you started to pack up and move over to the EoSL forum. One chap has posted on here 10 times to every one post on the EoSL forum. His team left the Juniors a year ago. Sadly some are just here to snipe at the Juniors.

I am Isa.

image.jpeg.aecf690487749a446bc6e9e97b3b6f6d.jpeg

Surely the point in a public on line forum is for opinion (reached through being informed... Not based on rumour and conjecture) to be put forward and countered..... Not for those on either side of the debate to post obtuse and controversial remarks to get their kicks.... What has happened is that people have been able to provide a strong argument to leave to go east, I am not sure there has been anything provided (small minority have tbf) that the juniors offer that would create a strong argument to remain.... But I and everyone else would be open to hearing such a case..... 

As for certain posters, they post controversial remarks, have these challenged using an evidence based answer and then disappear without giving a well thought out and reasoned response, never to be seen again until the next petulant post.... And telling people to go back to the eosfl forum.... Again, people are free to post in whichever forum they wish surely? (as long as it is thought out and has a purpose) 

58 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Surely the point in a public on line forum is for opinion (reached through being informed... Not based on rumour and conjecture) to be put forward and countered..... Not for those on either side of the debate to post obtuse and controversial remarks to get their kicks.... What has happened is that people have been able to provide a strong argument to leave to go east, I am not sure there has been anything provided (small minority have tbf) that the juniors offer that would create a strong argument to remain.... But I and everyone else would be open to hearing such a case..... 

As for certain posters, they post controversial remarks, have these challenged using an evidence based answer and then disappear without giving a well thought out and reasoned response, never to be seen again until the next petulant post.... And telling people to go back to the eosfl forum.... Again, people are free to post in whichever forum they wish surely? (as long as it is thought out and has a purpose) 

Some were making posts suggesting that parts of the current pyramid system left a lot to be desired while suggesting parts of the Juniors were worth taking forward, and were treated by some with contempt. It is easy to dismiss posts by claiming they're all Isa, how many posters is that now? Come on, some folk just don't share the same views. .

8 minutes ago, Owen Morgan said:

Some were making posts suggesting that parts of the current pyramid system left a lot to be desired while suggesting parts of the Juniors were worth taking forward, and were treated by some with contempt. It is easy to dismiss posts by claiming they're all Isa, how many posters is that now? Come on, some folk just don't share the same views. .

The people on here treated with "contempt" or being called "Isa" are people coming with the same boring arguments over and over again. Like clubs moving for "milk and honey", "extra cash handouts" or there is no point in moving if clubs can't move up. All these "arguments" are rubbish and have been proven wrong many times. Arguments are just ignored by those posters. The same people also belittle the clubs currently in the senior ranks and some call everyone disagreeing with them "deluded fools". Then there is no surprise that they get such a response.

Most pro-pyramid people on here do agree that there are flaws in the pyramid and there are some things of the juniors (see the discussion about the junior cup) worth preserving. 

12 minutes ago, Owen Morgan said:

Some were making posts suggesting that parts of the current pyramid system left a lot to be desired while suggesting parts of the Juniors were worth taking forward, and were treated by some with contempt

Even Stevie Wonder could see that the current pyramid isn't perfect, and this has been widely acknowledged by posters on here. However when people suggested parts of the Juniors were worth taking forward, they were informed that most of those things weren't unique to the Juniors. They were then asked to provide further redeeming qualities of the Juniors, but they failed to come up with any.