Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

34 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I understand that the West Region management are meeting tonight to discuss rules revision and fixtures for next season, and there is a General Meeting of the clubs on 25th April where hopefully the picture will be made a bit clearer to the clubs.

The problem is you have too many people like Kilbowie Benches muddying the waters but hopefully their will be a clear picture 

You don't want mulraney anywhere near a position of power in Scottish football, guys a fud.
I could be wrong but haven't the Alloa board pulled some shitebaggery in regards to ticket prices? I recall a cup game this season vs St Mirren (League Cup iirc) that was 20 quid despite St Mirren wanting lower.

You don't want mulraney anywhere near a position of power in Scottish football, guys a fud.

I suspect that there's a lot of truth in that (the fud comment) and I disagree with a hell of a lot of what he says - especially his arch-tory brexiteer bollocks - but he has done a very good job of running us as a football club. We're far better than we should be given the size of our support, and if you listen to the Pele podcasts every one of our ex players talks about how well the club is run from a player's point of view.

He also has a pretty good success rate in appointing managers, something the SFA could really do with.

I could be wrong but haven't the Alloa board pulled some shitebaggery in regards to ticket prices? I recall a cup game this season vs St Mirren (League Cup iirc) that was 20 quid despite St Mirren wanting lower.
Yes, that has undoubtedly been one of his failings. We've been very inflexible over ticket prices - which may well be why he fits in so well at the SFA.

Used to follow this thread closely but way out of touch with the latest going’s on. I know the info will be in this thread but would somebody kind summarising?

Is TJ still any where near this?

What is the latest with the east - last 2 pages suggest they are joining EOS next year? Will they just join on at the bottom?

West any closer to joining?

Feedback from clubs who left to join EOS last season - any clubs regret it?

Cheers

33 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Used to follow this thread closely but way out of touch with the latest going’s on. I know the info will be in this thread but would somebody kind summarising?

Is TJ still any where near this?

What is the latest with the east - last 2 pages suggest they are joining EOS next year? Will they just join on at the bottom?

West any closer to joining?

Feedback from clubs who left to join EOS last season - any clubs regret it?

Cheers

Tj still touting the juniors together were in at tier 6.

Ersjfa aren't joining eosfl. Theread has been a meeting ifor they did they'd join tier 7 in the conferences buy without Tayside

West will get in if tj drops juniors intact 

Noone regretting it. Their is things people didn't like but some are up for change 

17 hours ago, glensmad said:

I understand that the West Region management are meeting tonight to discuss rules revision and fixtures for next season, and there is a General Meeting of the clubs on 25th April where hopefully the picture will be made a bit clearer to the clubs.

If there is a clear picture(?), then why does it have to wait until there's a general meeting? Don't these people know about phones, e-mail, snail mail, etc ...?

6 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

If there is a clear picture(?), then why does it have to wait until there's a general meeting? Don't these people know about phones, e-mail, snail mail, etc ...?

It doesn't, and perhaps when there are some developments the clubs will be informed accordingly without having to wait for the quarterly meetings. But I suspect that, at the moment, there are no developments to report.

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Tj still touting the juniors together were in at tier 6.

Ersjfa aren't joining eosfl. Theread has been a meeting ifor they did they'd join tier 7 in the conferences buy without Tayside

West will get in if tj drops juniors intact 

Noone regretting it. Their is things people didn't like but some are up for change 

Point 1 I agree that is his position.

Point 2    No  discussion of a merger has taken place, let alone as Alan suggest with where the juniors would be placed. There is a potential EOS/ERSJFA meeting  that may cover this depending on results of PWG & SFA meetings mid April.

Point 3  Alans opinion but I agree potentially likely with the possible exception Kello  who should be told to join the SOS to avoid Geographical overlap of regions. The EOS is hugely against potential overlap.

Point 4  Of course Alan knows what every single team official is saying :whistle

We'll have a better idea of what's going on in a couple of weeks once the April PWG has happened.

It looks too late for anything major to happen for 2019/20. It then leaves a year to start putting something formal in place.

Juniors will largely of resolved rules & regulations and the calendar would be shifted to fall in line with the senior setup.

It then just becomes a case of unpicking the Gordian knot of the East/Boundary issue. 

26 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

We'll have a better idea of what's going on in a couple of weeks once the April PWG has happened.

It looks too late for anything major to happen for 2019/20. It then leaves a year to start putting something formal in place.

Juniors will largely of resolved rules & regulations and the calendar would be shifted to fall in line with the senior setup.

It then just becomes a case of unpicking the Gordian knot of the East/Boundary issue. 

The Juniors have got the rules and calendar sorted to the satisfaction of the governing body.

33 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Were we not saying the same things this time last year though ?

I don't understand how people can be happy with such an imperfect solution. No pyramid below the Highland League in the North. Tay boundary unresolved. Two leagues covering the same area in the East. Many leagues competing for one promotion spot. Separate rules for leagues on the same level. 

Edited by lowenan