Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

...If the last two years hadn't been hamstrung by getting the juniors in, no one can say what promotion & relegation would look like to the Lowland League.

The LL clubs rejected a second relegation place at their 2018 AGM after the mass defection of ERSJFA clubs to the EoS. Turkeys don't vote for an early Christmas and there is no guarantee that would change with WRSJFA entry at tier 6. If anything that would simply lead to even more frightened turkeys.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The LL clubs rejected a second relegation place at their 2018 AGM after the mass defection of ERSJFA clubs to the EoS. Turkeys don't vote for an early Christmas and there is no guarantee that would change with WRSJFA entry at tier 6. If anything that would simply lead to even more frightened turkeys.

Yet you think they'll agree to split in half?

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

You'd still be playing them.

Not if Talbot, Cumnock and Glenafton are in the LL West rather than the west super league, because that means no longer being part of the WRSJA? Lugar do have something to fear on this given a significant portion of their annual gate receipts are on the line. I find it surprsing Option Z would have been easily agreed to for that sort of reason.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Not if Talbot, Cumnock and Glenafton are in the LL West rather than the west super league, because that means no longer being part of the WRSJA? Lugar do have something to fear on this given a significant portion of their annual gate receipts are on the line.

But that is an absolutely enormous "if".

For starters, all three would need to have a permit, all three would need to win the West Region Premiership, and all three would need to win the promotion play-offs in whatever format would be agreed.

That scenario wouldn't happen any time in the near or far future.

My understanding and happy to be corrected if I'm wrong is that all three could easily be in the LL West in 2012-22 at its lauch (only if it happens obviously) by simply getting licensed in the interim. Cumnock already have their licensing application in and Talbot are close to installing floodlights.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 27/12/2019 at 18:01, Cameron Wilson said:

I never understand how floodlights can be objectionable... It's not like they are turned on in the middle of the night keeping people awake. Lack of community support definitely an issue for local clubs in some places.

Aye, they'd usually be off by 9.30 ish pm for a midweek game and 5.00 ish pm for a Saturday match, no?

And if you're that close to the ground you could save on the electric by switching off your lights...

31 minutes ago, tellyboy said:

I believe that there was a meeting between the North Region JFA and the Highland League last week re the Pyramid. No details but understand it is a case of agree or be left to graze on your own. 

Good news for the North Caley League.........if true. 

By this point everyone in the EoS Premier will be licensed so it doesn't mean much.

I just don't see much point. It just pushes it a level up and makes the step down from League 2 a huge change for that club.

There are a couple outliers but the majority of clubs are across the Central belt.

Delaying the inevitable which will be a WoSL and a degraded West Juniors. I hated seeing that in the East but we had no choice.

No disrespect but currently Livingston Utd top the League we'd have been if if we'd stayed. A club that was two league below when we left. It's go or be left behind for me.

Also, Talbot are getting stronger and stronger as they get the best of both words. That'll get boring quick and I reckon a top reason why the East went as it did (I'm a Linlithgow fan and we had the same advantage as Talbot albeit automatically and not be dominance).

...also suddenly opening up six places for promotion into LL East that would no doubt go to the top licensed EoS premier clubs given the SoS would fall under LL West. Good way to break the logjam on promotion for the top EoS clubs. Something for Bo'ness, Lithgae, Camelon, Penicuik, Broxburn, HoB and Dundonald Bluebell fans to ponder when people start getting negative about this option on here. The only problem is dealing with the ERSJFA-EoS parallel feeder issue obviously, but that's still a problem regardless.

If it means less danger of being a slaughtered turkey long term possibly, if they look at it rationally.

There's nothing rational in splitting at this point without any further promotion spots being available to the SPFL, a few strugglers at the bottom of the LL won't change that fact.  That is over and above the fact the SPFL clubs are very unlikely to agree to three feeders and more relegation spots, especially in light that hardly any west clubs are Licenced.  It's a fantasy dreamed up by the SJFA.

If you're talking saving turkeys, best keep the LL as is with 1 relegation spot.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

My understanding and happy to be corrected if I'm wrong is that all three could easily be in the LL West in 2012-22 at its lauch (only if it happens obviously) by simply getting licensed in the interim. Cumnock already have their licensing application in and Talbot are close to installing floodlights.

Not possible, sorry. Only one team would be able to be promoted per season to the proposed new LL West, and only if they have a licence. So it would be impossible for all three to be promoted to that proposed league by the end of next season, even if they were all good enough to win the Premiership and have a licence in place.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

No reorganisation will go ahead these days without the absolute guarantee that there will be enough clubs with a Licence to fill a newly created league.

You need a West in first to allow clubs at least a couple of seasons to get Licencing over the line.

Then there is the matter that EK, Colts, Braves etc may not want to shift to a West LL at this point.