Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

So from what I can gather from a list of applicants to the WoS: (Will edit this when/ if it does change)

Very Likely/Confirmed Applicants: Clydebank, Kilwinning Rangers, Whitletts Vics, Rutherglen Glencairn

Likely Applicants: Irvine Meadow, Glasgow Uni, Girvan, Cumnock, Petershill,

Possible Applicants (that haven't pinned their mast yet): Strathclyde Uni, Oban Saints, Pollok, Bonnyton Thistle, Darvel, Fauldhouse Utd, Rossvale

Don't know: Everyone else

Reluctant: Auchinleck Talbot

Quite Unlikely Applicants: St Anthony's, Kilbirnie Ladeside, 

You could probably count in half the don't knows.

1 hour ago, archieb said:

Is P & B now twinned with Cloud-Cuckoo Land??

This sort of suggestion is nuts and will NEVER  happen!

Do you REALLY imagine the Premiership clubs would accept being forced to play a season in a 'Conference' made up of just 3 of their main rivals and 4 clubs from each of the lower divisions just to accommodate a handful of newbies?

Read my lips - i.t.w.o.u.l.d.n.e.v.er.h.a.p.p.e.n !!!!

The point you make is fair - It's a different scenario to the east where a season was required to integrate the two established structures.

However the make up of the premier league this season is more or less as predicted (perhaps with the surprise omission of LTHV) i.e the top league is full of the former East Region Super League Juniors. 

A full season isn't required to establish the same order in the west so in my opinion common sense should prevail to ensure that the top 16 placed (W. Junior) clubs are positioned in a premier league at T6, and a first division below that -  perhaps with conferences thereafter if numbers allow, to include any new applicants.

It should be for the new league association and participant clubs to agree on the way to proceed, in a manner that is mutually beneficial and fair to all.

You will find that the people involved in co-ordinating this new venture are professional, intelligent, trustworthy, fair and pragmatic.

Ideally the new structure will have clubs in the top league pushing for promotion to the LL within a season or two, club license permitting.

It's a really exciting time, and discussions should be at a broad 'high level' for now - no need for folk to get bogged down in debating the minutiai at this point. 

Edited by Che Dail

Rob Roy would be the club in question.

You may be right but does the account not state they are based in Ayrshire?

RRG denied being behind it, shortly before I (and, for a while, the Largs Thistle account) was blocked by them.

You may be right but does the account not state they are based in Ayrshire?

RRG denied being behind it, shortly before I (and, for a while, the Largs Thistle account) was blocked by them.
iirc they stated they were from Ayrshire but lived in Lanarkshire. I'm aware of someone meeting that profile but can't say if it's them or not.

1 hour ago, the rambler said:

I wouldn't get too excited, West Clubs only  expressing an interest to see what's on offer. 

Correct but where one goes others will follow.

I'd guess half or more of the West clubs will sign up for this. Can also see what's left of the West Juniors joining up with the EoS Juniors. Possibly one or two clubs calling it a day.

10 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

So from what I can gather from a list of applicants to the WoS: (Will edit this when/ if it does change)

Very Likely/Confirmed Applicants: Clydebank, Kilwinning Rangers, Whitletts Vics, Rutherglen Glencairn

Likely Applicants: Irvine Meadow, Glasgow Uni, Girvan, Cumnock, Petershill,

Possible Applicants (that haven't pinned their mast yet): Strathclyde Uni, Oban Saints, Pollok, Bonnyton Thistle, Darvel, Fauldhouse Utd, Rossvale

Don't know: Everyone else

Reluctant: Auchinleck Talbot

Quite Unlikely Applicants: St Anthony's, Kilbirnie Ladeside, 

And you're going to presume to speak about, or on behalf of, clubs you know absolutely f**k all about on the basis of what, exactly ?

Applicants to what ?

A league that doesn't actually exist ?....It's only an expression of possible interest. One chap on the twitter thing does not mean that a particular club is currently minded one way or the other.

In the interest of clarity and fairness, I hope the club I watch most weeks jumps in to the imaginary pie & bovril league where we will hopefully finish seventh as usual.

Ho-Hum.

Personally speaking I want my team to be playing Talbot,Beith,Pollok,Meadow,Largs etc and all the rest. Under whatever banner that may be.

SP, Top post my friend 

Thats what most West Junior fans wish for. I'm not exactly caring what manner it is either.

I couldn't care less for the so called main posters on here who think a lot of West Junior fan have their heads buried in the sand.

End of the day the West is the Main Show along with a handful of the big East and North clubs where they will eventually par up at some point and a decent league will be in place.

All this other stuff is cannon fodder.

Guest Moomintroll

There is no future any more, the journey towards the endgame is going to be littered with a lot of bile and hatred, on here and elsewhere, but it is going to happen.

Guest Moomintroll

Bloody hell, I am jetlagged out my nut, what is your reason for being on here at this time? I am honestly sad at the inevitable end of the grade as I invested a lot of time & effort in it as a supporter & Committee Member when I was able to but it is falling apart right now. We all know why, such is progress, but people looking in will not judge certain people well due to their self serving machinations. It is time to move on and every team will find their natural level after the initial chaos that will result from such a seismic change. Just remrmber, merely 200 years ago Football as we know it did not even exist.

MMT, I don't mean to be flippant here, but have you stopped taking your meds again ?

Please discuss that course of action with a trained professional person before you make a long term decision. Please ?

Anyway,...to answer your question, I can be on here any time I like. I am old.

Think of me as being a bit like Jacksgranda but less funny and without the somewhat abrasive accent.

I'm going for a wee nap now until the dog needs out...please look after yourself and don't do anything stoopid.

Guest Moomintroll

I'm not really sure how to respond to that, what did@Jacksgranda do to get his accent unfairly maligned? Appreciate your concern for my mental health, hope the dug doesn't blow away in that mental weather.
Isa, I have cc'd this to Donaldsons Solicitors just in case it all goes awry & you want to involve the GDPR, you don't need to keep liking his responses.

20 hours ago, honestman54 said:

cant have a conference set up if you bring in the entire 4 divisions of the West juniors.  

Cannot see why not. As entry to a new WoSL is necessarily by accepted application for those clubs outwith the WRJFL, even if the latter join en bloc, there shouldn't be disparate entryship rules for clubs from 'other sources' - meaning that all-47 lower division WRJFL clubs should retain the right to apply for tier6 alongside everyone else. Every applicant would thus be applying for tier6, ergo conferences may well be necessary and maybe; as in the EoSFL; for longer than one season.

It would be foolish to dismiss the Conference style idea. Ultimately, I imagine all new members would be sounded out on a preference. There will be those that don't like missing out on Tier 6 status. Keep in mind the love of the Sectional League Cup by some, those might be willing to take a beating if it meant playing bigger teams throughout the season. Those that see it as a route to regionalising the bottom tier once that has to be considered.