Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

image.png.57935927fd60eaf7225e398dba792918.pngSo unless a stupid grammatical error, the East region believes it has to invite it's own clubs to apply for next season.   Either way the whoring of oneself like the eosfl  has started.  Interesting no statement that it will be part of the pyramid etc.  Perhaps i should just email John Reilly and ask ?

Existing clubs means teams who currently exist but don't play in the East Region Juniors such as amateurs, juvenile teams etc,

I don't see anything grammatically wrong with this statement. The fact people have taken it the wrong way perhaps says more about them than the statement

4 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Existing clubs means teams who currently exist but don't play in the East Region Juniors such as amateurs, juvenile teams etc,

I don't see anything grammatically wrong with this statement. The fact people have taken it the wrong way perhaps says more about them than the statement

I don't dispute your interpretation is most likely correct.

What you mean by "more about them" is slightly odd. I certainly have no agenda, hidden or otherwise.

It is certainly a fact that said invitation has been removed.

What reason do you think it would be taken down for out of interest ?

9 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I don't dispute your interpretation is most likely correct.

What you mean by "more about them" is slightly odd. I certainly have no agenda, hidden or otherwise.

It is certainly a fact that said invitation has been removed.

What reason do you think it would be taken down for out of interest ?

No idea why it was taken down. If I was involved in a team thinking of changing leagues I would say the EOS league is the most enticing prospect at present.

That said, there is nothing wrong in advertising your league for new members and there is nothing grammatically wrong with that statement.

This whole thread is basically slag of the Juniors and any reason will do even when there no reason for doing so.

It would be interesting to know the entry criteria for the East Juniors (as the EOS have published theirs online), and also who they hope would join them. If you're an amateur club outside of West Lothian, central Fife or Tayside then surely the EOS makes more sense.

It would be interesting to know the entry criteria for the East Juniors (as the EOS have published theirs online), and also who they hope would join them. If you're an amateur club outside of West Lothian, central Fife or Tayside then surely the EOS makes more sense.

Teams outside of areas mentioned can join the West Region (Ayrshire,Lanarkshire Glasgow area) or the North Region. The SJFA have regions throughout Scotland with the exception of South Scotland.

7 hours ago, sniffer said:

Not many for a so called senior league and I believe Lothian thistle has recently got there’s .

Well that's what happens when you're consistently gutted by another league. Lowland League took Edinburgh City, Spartans, Stirling University, Edinburgh University, Gretna 2008, Vale of Leithen, Whitehill Welfare, Gala Fairydean Rovers, Selkirk, Civil Service Strollers and Kelty Hearts.

Elsewhere the word seems to be that 15 EoS clubs have applied so far. The floodlights thing will have put a serious dent into that on immediate entry where Camelon, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, Musselburgh, Tranent, Haddington, Dundonald and St Andrews are concerned barring a groundshare but there are still a lot of clubs like Sauchie, Blackburn, Broxburn, Heriot-Watt, Tynecastle, Dalkeith, Easthouses, Penicuik, Newtongrange, Dunbar, Hill of Beith and Jeanfield (if they redirect the eight outward pointing bulbs) that would potentially in with a shout of getting it in in time for next season's Scottish Cup even with the new floodlights requirement and the ongoing need for cover for 100 that probably excludes Dunipace for now.

Elsewhere the word seems to be that 15 EoS clubs have applied so far. The floodlights thing will have put a serious dent into that on immediate entry where Camelon, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, Musselburgh, Tranent, Haddington, Dundonald and St Andrews are concerned barring a groundshare but there are still a lot of clubs like Sauchie, Blackburn, Broxburn, Heriot-Watt, Tynecastle, Dalkeith, Easthouses, Penicuik, Newtongrange, Dunbar, Hill of Beith and Jeanfield (if they redirect the eight outward pointing bulbs) that would potentially in with a shout of getting it in in time for next season's Scottish Cup even with the new floodlights requirement and the ongoing need for cover for 100 that probably excludes Dunipace for now.
Floodlight requirement does not immediately apply to those clubs already going through the process. They will be given time to comply.

It doesn't immediately apply to those who have already started the process, similar to when the Pyramid requirement was introduced halfway through Linlithgow and Banks O'Dee's applications.

It does however apply to any new applicants.

12 hours ago, Vollyman said:

Teams outside of areas mentioned can join the West Region (Ayrshire,Lanarkshire Glasgow area) or the North Region. The SJFA have regions throughout Scotland with the exception of South Scotland.

No shit, but the discussion was about the East Region inviting new teams - I don't expect any amateur clubs in East Lothian to join the West or North Regions...

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

It doesn't immediately apply to those who have already started the process, similar to when the Pyramid requirement was introduced halfway through Linlithgow and Banks O'Dee's applications.

It does however apply to any new applicants.

New applicants from which point? If a club wanted to start a new application from today would floodlights be a requirement or is this yet to be implemented and only kicks in from 2019 or next season?

(Apologies if this has been answered and I've missed it)

New applicants from which point? If a club wanted to start a new application from today would floodlights be a requirement or is this yet to be implemented and only kicks in from 2019 or next season?

You first need to be admitted to the SFA as effectively an "Associate" member before you can formally begin the Licence process. This needs to be done at an SFA Board meeting, and the next meeting isn't until 2019, whereupon you'll be subjected to the 2019 criteria ie floodlight requirement.

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
38 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You first need to be admitted to the SFA as effectively an "Associate" member before you can formally begin the Licence process.

And for "Associate" members that haven't begun the Licence process (if there are any)?

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That applies from the 2019 update. The supposed 15 will have applied and be adjudicated on the existing 2018 criteria. That's why the EoS told their members to get in their applications in now once the moratorium was lifted.

Not what Jeanfield Swifts have been told (see below) and others who would know have also posted about this previously:

6 minutes ago, Cumbo said:

As the rules stand there is no scope for derogation to those seeking new membership.

Need to appeal to SFA board via the Chief executive.

This has come from the licensing auditor

It is not surprising that the SFA wanted to thin the herd a bit if they had 15 applications to deal with from the EoS alone.