Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The fact remains that TJ goes into these discussions with the mandate from the SJFA members that the Juniors must stay intact and have access to SFA Licencing.

Now whilst that can be accommodated within the existing Pyramid structure in both the West and the North, it cannot in the East.  That should be the PWG’s position with no compromise,  “We will accept the West Juniors and North Juniors into the Pyramid as they are, but for that to happen you have to respect the East of Scotland League’s position and compromise with the East Juniors”, and point towards their new members from Junior football as the precedent.

At that point, the PWG’s go forward position should have been to facilitate a meeting of SFA, EoS and ERJFA to discuss a merger, if there is no agreement then the SJFA are not allowed in and a new WoSFL is formed to accommodate those clubs in the West wanting access to the Pyramid, and those clubs in the East continue to move over to the EoS if they want Pyramid access.

The SFA hold all the cards here and it would be a reasonable position for the PWG to adopt, and that may well have been the case and discussion are ongoing, we don’t really know for sure. Anything else such as allowing ERJFA access is wrong, and a slap in the face for 25 former Junior clubs and the EoSFL.

The SFA really should bring all this into the open so clubs know the score, but they wont, so we'll all continue to chew over speculation and rumour and based on that some clubs will have to make a decision before 31st March.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The fact remains that TJ goes into these discussions with the mandate from the SJFA members that the Juniors must stay intact and have access to SFA Licencing.

Now whilst that can be accommodated within the existing Pyramid structure in both the West and the North, it cannot in the East.  That should be the PWG’s position with no compromise,  “We will accept the West Juniors and North Juniors into the Pyramid as they are, but for that to happen you have to respect the East of Scotland League’s position and compromise with the East Juniors”, and point towards their new members from Junior football as the precedent.

At that point, the PWG’s go forward position should have been to facilitate a meeting of SFA, EoS and ERJFA to discuss a merger, if there is no agreement then the SJFA are not allowed in and a new WoSFL is formed to accommodate those clubs in the West wanting access to the Pyramid, and those clubs in the East continue to move over to the EoS if they want Pyramid access.

The SFA hold all the cards here and it would be a reasonable position for the PWG to adopt, and that may well have been the case and discussion are ongoing, we don’t really know for sure. Anything else such as allowing ERJFA access is wrong, and a slap in the face for 25 former Junior clubs and the EoSFL.

The ERJFA clubs have as much right to a license as those who’ve gone to the EoSL.

1 minute ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The ERJFA clubs have as much right to a license as those who’ve gone to the EoSL.

Nobody has a right to a Licence, but to be able to apply for one you need to be in the Pyramid system, and in the East that is the EoS, don't you agree? that is where your club is headed as things stand.

The ERJ clubs will be in the pyramid next season and will be able to get a license without leaving.

I don’t see what your problem is with that?

Clubs have chosen to leave  to play in a more localised and by all accounts better run league so what’s the problem?

We won’t be going to the EoSL to play at tier 7 when we’ll be at tier 6!

The ERJ clubs will be in the pyramid next season and will be able to get a license without leaving.
Clubs have chosen to leave  to play in a more localised and by all accounts better run league so what’s the problem?
Why should one part of the country get two shots at promotion but the rest of us one?

1 minute ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

If you don't understand why having two competing leagues in the same area is a tad insane, even for Scottish fitba, then there isn't much else to say really.

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:
4 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Why should one part of the country get two shots at promotion but the rest of us one?

There’s 2 in the West as well as the SoS is a south west league.

SOS only covers D&G minus one club. With an EOS and ERJFA youd have lothians, fife & perthshire clubs in two different league systems. In some cases clubs no more than a few miles apart. Hardly what I'd call an integrated regional league system

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If you don't understand why having two competing leagues in the same area is a tad insane, even for Scottish fitba, then there isn't much else to say really.

The ERJ will be mainly Tayside and Fife and the EoS will be mainly Lothians and East Borderd.

The West will have the WRJ and for the South West  the SoSL.

Just now, GNU_Linux said:
3 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

SOS only covers D&G minus one club. With an EOS and ERJFA youd have lothians, fife & perthshire clubs in two different league systems. In some cases clubs no more than a few miles apart. Hardly what I'd call an integrated regional league system

Some clubs will want to stay in the Assiciation they’ve always played in and play in the Junior Cup.

5 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It will happen with clubs choosing to play more locally imo

So you just think that might happen.  It's not really a great way to plan a Pyramid is it, it just prolongs division and not integration.

The West will have an integrated structure, why shouldn't the East?

So you just think that might happen.  It's not really a great way to plan a Pyramid is it, it just prolongs division and not integration.
The West will have an integrated structure, why shouldn't the East?

I dont agree with it happening, but hearing from a reliable source its as good as confirmed. I appreciate you won’t like it either but it looks like the EJFA are going in at 6. I totally get your point about the 2 feeders and think its mental but lets face it it’s Scottish football we’re talking about.

I dont agree with it happening, but hearing from a reliable source its as good as confirmed. I appreciate you won’t like it either but it looks like the EJFA are going in at 6. I totally get your point about the 2 feeders and think its mental but lets face it it’s Scottish football we’re talking about.
Thing is I hear the opposite from reliable sources as well, that there is no agreement and it could be a long way off!

For example the Tayside League scenario could be the SJFA claiming tier 6 for the ERJFA.

That's the trouble when there are no official comms. It's typical SFA.

Thing is I hear the opposite from reliable sources as well, that there is no agreement and it could be a long way off!

For example the Tayside League scenario could be the SJFA claiming tier 6 for the ERJFA.

That's the trouble when there are no official comms. It's typical SFA.

Ive heard it from an SFA (not SJFA) source. I think its very much shite for the EOSL, but its looking like its happening.

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive heard it from an SFA (not SJFA) source. I think its very much shite for the EOSL, but its looking like its happening.

Mines is from two different sources "close to the PWG" but then who knows, there are certainly two very different lines being spun.  Then you have the SFA guy at the course the other week saying the East Juniors would definitely not come in at the same level as the EoS.

It's crazy, and clubs have got to try and pick through this to work out what's going on.

See when people claim to have heard from a reliable source, in what way are you expecting to convince people like myself reading this from the outside?

You're still basically a random stranger on the internet to me, so what makes you think I'm going to trust "I've heard from a reliable source that EJFA are joining from tier because that's what someone told me or I've heard it." [sic]

From the EoS side perspective, seeing the EJFA joining at tier 6 would be daft because it shafts all the clubs that have come over from the juniors in the first place, not to mention the stupidity of two feeders from the area.

Seeing it from the juniors side, when they're being told they can just join at tier 6, it will seem daft to them having to apply drop below the EOS in order to be part of the pyramid,

So until the powers in control of this make the information transparent, which they should be doing yesterday, these arguments are dead rubbers. Am I f**k taking either side's sources, especially when it feels like a few posters just seem to be looking for a confirmation bias that they're right and screw your damn facts.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

See when people claim to have heard from a reliable source, in what way are you expecting to convince people like myself reading this from the outside?
You're still basically a random stranger on the internet to me, so what makes you think I'm going to trust "I've heard from a reliable source that EJFA are joining from tier because that's what someone told me or I've heard it." [sic]
From the EoS side perspective, seeing the EJFA joining at tier 6 would be daft because it shafts all the clubs that have come over from the juniors in the first place, not to mention the stupidity of two feeders from the area.
Seeing it from the juniors side, when they're being told they can just join at tier 6, it will seem daft to them having to apply drop below the EOS in order to be part of the pyramid,
So until the powers in control of this make the information transparent, which they should be doing yesterday, these arguments are dead rubbers. Am I f**k taking either side's sources, especially when it feels like a few posters just seem to be looking for a confirmation bias that they're right and screw your damn facts.
Wow [emoji23]

It's only an internet forum sweet cheeks! People will post rumour, speculation, lies and half truths. My mate down the pub told me etc. We realise that, it's the nature of the beast.

It's also why the SFA need to provide clarity.

21 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Wow emoji23.png

It's only an internet forum sweet cheeks! People will post rumour, speculation, lies and half truths. My mate down the pub told me etc. We realise that, it's the nature of the beast.

It's also why the SFA need to provide clarity.

Fair enough. It feels like every time I come now, it's the same old, same old back and forth. I guess I just hoped for a little bit more substance than "my mate says so therefore it's happening. [sic]."