Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Joe Hart is in a relation battle with West Ham but the other 3 are key players at clubs top of their Champions League groups. And they are going to the World Cup.

Sterling (Man City's top scorer this season) and Jones (half of Utd's best CB pairing) I'll give you, but Henderson played DM on Tuesday night and didn't win a single tackle. Struggling to see how that makes him a key player. He'll get benched/punted when Keita arrives in the summer.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Sterling (Man City's top scorer this season) and Jones (half of Utd's best CB pairing) I'll give you, but Henderson played DM on Tuesday night and didn't win a single tackle. Struggling to see how that makes him a key player. He'll get benched/punted when Keita arrives in the summer.

it actually hurts remembering gerrard was our captain only 2 years ago now we have jordan henderson.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Do you not support a Scottish team and regularly watch a Scottish football? 

I get the whole Liverpool thing, but why now have you become the defender of English football and their national team? And why are you so desperate to put down your own game?

Watch a lot of Scottish football HM and I'll always defend it but it gets on my goat when people up here snipe at everything down South. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Not really sure what this has to do with the point. Are you saying the English media are not insufferable c***s? Does the relative standard of our game detract from our right to comment on the coverage of a league which most of us probably pay to view via Sky and BT (along with our own and others)

Puzzling, Old Firm style superiority complex you appear to be showing here.

Reveal hidden contents

There is no such thing as the Old Firm

To be honest I don't watch too much stuff on the telly but I don't really think the English media are that bad. The England 66 stuff used to be very annoying but I think they've learned the hard way about that over the last 10 - 15 years. 

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

He didn't have a very good second half but whatever way you look at it he was English, captain and has played his part in them being top of Group E. 

7 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Joe Hart is in a relation battle with West Ham but the other 3 are key players at clubs top of their Champions League groups. And they are going to the World Cup. 

yes - quite - but the OP's point was about  quality foreign players in the EPL that "inspire English clubs " and  how it, facetiously of course, "must fill Englishmen with so much pride,"

those four, and most of the rest of the current set up, inspire nothing but scorn and disinterest;  I hope we get a traditional "group of death", are properly arse-raped, hopeully losing to the Pot Four nation for good measure, and they're all back home in ten days after three (more) humiliations on the biggest stage, reputations in absolute ruins ...

17 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

yes - quite - but the OP's point was about  quality foreign players in the EPL that "inspire English clubs " and  how it, facetiously of course, "must fill Englishmen with so much pride,"

those four, and most of the rest of the current set up, inspire nothing but scorn and disinterest;  I hope we get a traditional "group of death", are properly arse-raped, hopeully losing to the Pot Four nation for good measure, and they're all back home in ten days after three (more) humiliations on the biggest stage, reputations in absolute ruins ...

While we sit at home for the 9th straight tournament. 

34 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

i'm hoping that one more catastrophic tournament full of embarrassment and despair will finally kill off the last vestiges of perceived entitlement that English football still has, and we can think about taking part with hope and humility rather than expectation and arrogance; then, it's just a case of getting rid of the  fucking sheffield wednesday band and making the singing of "please don't take me home" a capital offence, and I might just take more of an interest in their fortunes other than loading up with beer for the duration and hoping they suffer catastrophic and highly amusing defeats...

4 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Your previous comment about never putting Scottish football down is seeming a bit odd here. Why are you so desperate to point out how great England are and how bad Scotland are.

You're Scottish ffs.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Your previous comment about never putting Scottish football down is seeming a bit odd here. Why are you so desperate to point out how great England are and how bad Scotland are.

You're Scottish ffs.

England certainly aren't great but they are far better than us however much people up  here want to try and put them down. 

• 2 weeks later...

Every day is a school day. I assumed Champions League radio rights were done centrally since Five Live and Talksport usually seen to share games between them and Radio Scotland does all the Celtic games. I didn't know they were sold individually by the host club.

8 hours ago, Christophe said:

Surely only hinders their own fans from following the game, why so defensive?

FSG goggles firmly wedged on there m8! 

Why comment on Liverpool when you could be posting about your beloved Everton ? 

I know it's generally all about Liverpool on here but come on :) 

44 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Why would someone post about Everton in the Champions League thread? Getting a bit paranoid now, Rab.

Bizarre Greenie when so many other threads available. 

Go on give us a Lolverpool :lol: 

Archived