Europa League 2017/18

lichtie23

Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my! Definitely not in Kansas (or the Europa) any more Toto. So, which wizard should they consult next?

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So while Rangers and St. Johnstone were busy shitting the bed, two of the 3 teams from the Republic of Ireland (Shamrock Rovers and Cork CIty) both have a good chance at making it through.  

Scottish league ranked 23rd

ROI league ranked 41st

56 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

So while Rangers and St. Johnstone were busy shitting the bed, two of the 3 teams from the Republic of Ireland (Shamrock Rovers and Cork CIty) both have a good chance at making it through.  

Scottish league ranked 23rd

ROI league ranked 41st

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg.d703170a8fdb2e694c198e707d4c0674.jpg

Seen the second half, but Saints were shite ; Trakai were shit too and will get pumped by Norkopping.

Ireland have 2 sides through, Iceland have 2 sides through, the Faroese champs put out a Kosovan side. Aren't all those leagues semi-professional?

Imagine being a Crusaders fan though! 20 seconds away from going through 3-2 on agg then shit their breeks like the Scots across the sea would and go out 3-3 on away goals.

There's no excuses though we are fucking miles away in everything on a football pitch, how can't a professional player kick the ball with both feet? Or to a decent standard. I got laughed at by many friends and fans a like about 10 years ago for suggesting after watching the Faroese play us, that they were better than us and if they had a population bigger than Falkirk, then they would be a very good team.

I've always found it strange that BT don't bother to show any games at this stage of European tournaments. Okay, there are some hilariously bad teams involved and it's hardly going to match the viewing figures of the Champions League group stage, but surely putting on a few live Europa League games between part-time Balkan outfits is still going to attract a bigger audience than repeating a 10-year old documentary about Ian Wright for the thousandth time or showing some joke sport like Fishing or Speedway?

Ostersund beat Galatasary 2-0 tonight. They have been promoted from the fourth tier of Swedish football to the top flight in five years and won the cup last time.

They have a few Scottish links in their set-up. Under manager Graham Potter their head of recruitment is Kyle McAuley ex Aberdeen, Elgin and Peterhead player (and Steve Paterson's nephew), former Morton and Accies striker Brian awake is a coach and Billy Reid was the assistant there, he might still be there.

I found this article a few days back about Ostersunds.  Graham Potter got the squad to put on a production of Swan Lake as a cultural exercise.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/02/ostersund-sweden-winter-city-football-graham-potter-english-manager

I want to know what part Billy Reid played in this but at the same time I don't want to know what part Billy Reid played in this.

On 13/07/2017 at 21:07, ICTChris said:

Ostersund beat Galatasary 2-0 tonight. They have been promoted from the fourth tier of Swedish football to the top flight in five years and won the cup last time.

They have a few Scottish links in their set-up. Under manager Graham Potter their head of recruitment is Kyle McAuley ex Aberdeen, Elgin and Peterhead player (and Steve Paterson's nephew), former Morton and Accies striker Brian awake is a coach and Billy Reid was the assistant there, he might still be there.

Also, their team the other night featured ex-Morton man Fouad Bachirou in the middle of the park. 

On 10 July 2017 at 10:05, Dunning1874 said:

I've always found it strange that BT don't bother to show any games at this stage of European tournaments. Okay, there are some hilariously bad teams involved and it's hardly going to match the viewing figures of the Champions League group stage, but surely putting on a few live Europa League games between part-time Balkan outfits is still going to attract a bigger audience than repeating a 10-year old documentary about Ian Wright for the thousandth time or showing some joke sport like Fishing or Speedway?

especially at that stage of the close season when theres no other live footy on

Archived