The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Our current injured 11

Gordon;

Lustig,Compper,Boyata,Ajer, Ralston;

Roberts, Armstrong, Rogic, Hayes;

Griffiths.

Not a bad team there. Given our squad isnt massive and the amount of games we have played its no wonder we havent kicked on lateley.

How did Ajer get injured ?

surely you can blood some of those  excellent academy players who are going to enhance the quality of the SPFL league2 if they are voted in.

Edited by happyaccie

34 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Fell awkwardly after a header in Killie game if my memories right. Quite a shame as he is becoming our best centreback.

Do you really think so?  Or is that more of a comment on the reliable CBs that Celtic have at their disposal?

The guy was outstanding for us during the second half of last season, still very raw as you might imagine but looked every inch a future international - unbelievably composed on the ball for such a young defender.  It'd be great to see him do well.

52 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Do you really think so?  Or is that more of a comment on the reliable CBs that Celtic have at their disposal?

The guy was outstanding for us during the second half of last season, still very raw as you might imagine but looked every inch a future international - unbelievably composed on the ball for such a young defender.  It'd be great to see him do well.

Given his age hes not making any more mistakes than any of the current lot I would say he looks every inch of being a future regular  EPL defender anyway. I dont think any of our current centre backs are paticularly bad but given our horsings in Europe we do need one who is a cut above, its been seen plenty times before when one centreback makes the rest look pretty good. We cant afford to go out and buy one like that so hopefully Ajer matures in to that type.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Given his age hes not making any more mistakes than any of the current lot I would say he looks every inch of being a future regular  EPL defender anyway. I dont think any of our current centre backs are paticularly bad but given our horsings in Europe we do need one who is a cut above, its been seen plenty times before when one centreback makes the rest look pretty good. We cant afford to go out and buy one like that so hopefully Ajer matures in to that type.

If Simunovic could remain fit for an entire season, I reckon he could strike up a smashing partnership with Ajer.

5 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

If Simunovic could remain fit for an entire season, I reckon he could strike up a smashing partnership with Ajer.

Yeah its a fine line with him, looks rusty when not played for a few games, play him too much and his knee could cave in again. 

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

Our current injured 11

Gordon;

Griffiths.

Not a bad team there. Given our squad isnt massive and the amount of games we have played its no wonder we havent kicked on lateley.

I see ralston played in the U20's tonight but micky johnston is out for the rest of the season with a ripped thigh muscle,Celtic 20's won the game 3-0.

21 hours ago, gannonball said:

Our current injured 11

Gordon;

Griffiths.

The last statement you have made is crass, a club the size of Celtic complaining about an injury list really is futile.

If you want to be competitive in every competition you enter then it's factual you will play more games, to use injuries as an excuse is typical OF whinging.To claim it has hampered your teams ability to " kick on" as you say is just another excuse.

The last statement you have made is crass, a club the size of Celtic complaining about an injury list really is futile.
If you want to be competitive in every competition you enter then it's factual you will play more games, to use injuries as an excuse is typical OF whinging.To claim it has hampered your teams ability to " kick on" as you say is just another excuse.

To have now over an entire team out isnt 'futile' or 'whinging', its just rather unlucky.
To 'kick on' you need competition for places and intensive training, neither of which we can have at the moment, its nothing 'crass' its just the way it is at the moment untill we get players back fit.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

To have now over an entire team out isnt 'futile' or 'whinging', its just rather unlucky.
To 'kick on' you need competition for places and intensive training, neither of which we can have at the moment, its nothing 'crass' its just the way it is at the moment untill we get players back fit.

Why was there no comments to mirror these thoughts last season when you had injuries? 

Allow me to answer that in a truthful way rather than the spiel you will answer with,  last season there was no reason to raise the injury situation because you went through the entire domestic season unbeaten, now in the wake of two recent reversals you choose to raise your injuries, call me cynical if you wish but that in my eyes is tantamount to whinging. Ffs fella get a grip your team is still 8 pts clear and will win the title, don't use injuries as an excuse for your teams recent dip in form, you have no entitlement to win or not lose every domestic encounter your club plays.

Im so glad we signed Hendry now in this window. We are trying to go with 3 at the back now since we have become somewhat predictable and we also seem to ship less goals at the moment with a back 3. With so many out and injury prone this would not have been possible really if we didnt sign another centre back.

I am really nervous for Thursday as Zenit will be a massive test, Rodgers will have had plenty of time to have the measure of them though.