The BIG strip the titles thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The DA said:

Extrapolating the QC's comments, it looks to me like the SPFL were not within their rights to 'punish' Oldco or Rangers in 2013 either.  Will we see them asking for their 250K back?

And compensation for illegal transfer embargo etc.

It is only right. Sporting integrity and all that..

1 hour ago, Ken Fitlike said:

5 titles (plus several cups)won by deliberate rule breaking.

And most folk don't care?

Literally Celtic are affected by this.  Even if Rangers 1. Registered their players correctly or 2. Didn't use EBT's and not signed as good quality players than they did, they still would've raped all before them, outwith Celtic, with the budget they had.

Am I annoyed Rangers came to Inverness from 2004 to 2012 with players they had illegally registered?  No.  The one's they hypothetically would've played would still be far better than what ICT had.  This had no effect on my club and many, many others.  They can keep their titles.  They fucking died anyway.

Extrapolating the QC's comments, it looks to me like the SPFL were not within their rights to 'punish' Oldco or Rangers in 2013 either.  Will we see them asking for their 250K back?

The statement is saying there weren't and still aren't SPL/SPFL rules about debt or unpaid taxes.

LNS punished them for providing all contractual details which was/is part of the SPL/SPFL rules.

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Literally Celtic are affected by this.  Even if Rangers 1. Registered their players correctly or 2. Didn't use EBT's and not signed as good quality players than they did, they still would've raped all before them, outwith Celtic, with the budget they had.

Am I annoyed Rangers came to Inverness from 2004 to 2012 with players they had illegally registered?  No.  The one's they hypothetically would've played would still be far better than what ICT had.  This had no effect on my club and many, many others.  They can keep their titles.  They fucking died anyway.

I find that outlook hard to fathom.

If your team or mine makes an isolated, careless, but genuine registration error, they'll be hammered.  What Rangers have done is absolutely unprecedented, but they keep the spoils.

Thoroughly unjust.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

I find that outlook hard to fathom.

If your team or mine makes an isolated, careless, but genuine registration error, they'll be hammered.  What Rangers have done is absolutely unprecedented, but they keep the spoils.

Thoroughly unjust.

Presumably it's because they believe they cannot punish the Oldco as it was liquidated?  That's the only reason I can think of as to why there will be no further punishment.

15 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

No title stripping and calling us the same club 

some shift the day from the masons 

IMG_3264.JPG

FB, I know you've long since stopped actually discussing things, preferring to post pictures and indulge in childish stuff.  However, you aren't stupid and must recognise that what you're posting here, simply establishes that Rangers are keeping these titles on a technicality.

Does that not actually tarnish them a bit for you?

If not, why not, seriously?

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Presumably it's because they believe they cannot punish the Oldco as it was liquidated?  That's the only reason I can think of as to why there will be no further punishment.

That's not the line being used at all.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Nobody needs to be punished, nobody is being asked to hand in their medals. There is no defendant here, no need for a judge, nor a jury, just a ruler and a red pen. It's an admin task. 

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

FB, I know you've long since stopped actually discussing things, preferring to post pictures and indulge in childish stuff.  However, you aren't stupid and must recognise that what you're posting here, simply establishes that Rangers are keeping these titles on a technicality.

Does that not actually tarnish them a bit for you?

If not, why not, seriously?

It will be difficult for any Rangers fan to provide an answer to that question that doesn't leave them wide open to the criticism that they don't support Rangers so much as they either a) Only care about the trophies or b) Only care about getting it up the other teams.

Genuine question on this though, why are they discussing the removal of titles as a punishment? I'd have thought the awarding body own the IP on the titles and are entitled to withdraw any awards made as they see fit. That's not a punishment, it's a simple consequence of breaking the rules.

57 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

'SPFL lawyer Gerry Moynihan' 

Bwahahahaha.

Could this be HellBhoy?

Did Gerry use hundreds of smiley faces in his report and constantly interrupt it to rant about Tedi?

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

The fans of other clubs "who don't care" seem to be happy with the way the game is run.

Talking to a few killie fans earlier, quite delighted that Celtic fans got slapped down again.

Archived