The BIG strip the titles thread

Just now, Blue92 said:

Most of the talk tonight has been about tax evasion, well, the stuff I've been discussing anyway. It's quite clear Rangers were trying to reduce there tax burden via avoidance schemes. Plus HB, we are a 5 year old club so this doesn't effect my team.

Thank you.

That's the weird bit Blue, it doesn't affect your team in the slightest with the Supreme courts ruling in a legal capacity in any way shape or form.

It kind of changes the climate as far as association rules & regulations are concerned though. They dealt with it as far as they are concerned and that's as far as they want to hold the shitty stick at us all in general.

Stripping Rangers of titles they have now won under dubious circumstances is the least of the SPFL & SFA's problems. It's the aftermath which will follow should Rangers ever did get titles striped from them. Scottish football would be well fucked over and is probably something even UEFA wouldn't want shat at their front door either I'd imagine.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the weird bit Blue, it doesn't affect your team in the slightest with the Supreme courts ruling in a legal capacity in any way shape or form.
It kind of changes the climate as far as association rules & regulations are concerned though. They dealt with it as far as they are concerned and that's as far as they want to hold the shitty stick at us all in general.
Stripping Rangers of titles they have now won under dubious circumstances is the least of the SPFL & SFA's problems. It's the aftermath which will follow should Rangers ever did get titles striped from them. Scottish football would be well fucked over and is probably something even UEFA wouldn't want shat at their front door either I'd imagine.

If titles were stripped it would no doubt start an enquiry into the whole of scottish football, from top to bottom. The suits that run the game along with the chairman of the clubs probably deep down dont want total scrutiny over their past affairs because they have very little to gain as the titles were done and dusted years ago. Thats my opinion anyway. Most likely will get shot down. [emoji4]

17 minutes ago, Blue92 said:

If titles were stripped it would no doubt start an enquiry into the whole of scottish football, from top to bottom. The suits that run the game along with the chairman of the clubs probably deep down dont want total scrutiny over their past affairs because they have very little to gain as the titles were done and dusted years ago. Thats my opinion anyway. Most likely will get shot down. emoji4.png

You're still a fan of a cheating club as far as I'm concerned Blue. :rolleyes::P

You're still a fan of a cheating club as far as I'm concerned Blue. :rolleyes:[emoji14]

Innocent until proven guilty and all that. For me, with big Pete Lawwell on the SFA board i just can't see how there can be a big conspiracy. He seems like a bit of a dick but he aint no mug and is pretty shrewd. The same goes for Anne Budge on the SPFL board, she seems switched on and cant see her going along with it all. We have been working our undercover agent masons very hard recently but this seems a step too far, even for them.[emoji23]

Just now, Blue92 said:

Innocent until proven guilty and all that. For me, with big Pete Lawwell on the SFA board i just can't see how there can be a big conspiracy. He seems like a bit of a dick but he aint no mug and is pretty shrewd. The same goes for Anne Budge on the SPFL board, she seems switched on and cant see her going along with it all. We have been working our undercover agent masons very hard recently but this seems a step too far, even for them.emoji23.png

Food for thought? Someone from the inside some day is going to write a book or some other shite or other will surface and then it's back on the merry go round for MT posters who are still frothing at the mouth about how unfair it all is.

You what wouldn't surprise me though? that possibly the owners of the clubs were shown the massively huge shite Rangers landed on the game and the implications for the whole Scottish game and further afield and how UEFA told the SFA to clean up their shitey bum so they didn't land the huge shite on their doorstep to deal with bringing UEFA into disrepute. That conspiracy story is for Nacho, he says he does love a good fairy tale. :lol:

Juninio had an EBT, Celtic payed money into it, but also paid all tax and NI due. They also declared it to the SFA. 

As LNS stated EBTs were available to other clubs. BUT not paying tax and NI was nothing to do with EBTs that was just straight forward tax evasion. 

8 hours ago, Blue92 said:

If titles were stripped it would no doubt start an enquiry into the whole of scottish football, from top to bottom. The suits that run the game along with the chairman of the clubs probably deep down dont want total scrutiny over their past affairs because they have very little to gain as the titles were done and dusted years ago. Thats my opinion anyway. Most likely will get shot down. emoji4.png

I think you're right.

Although it's not a matter of anybody "gaining" anything, if you mean awarding titles to other clubs (Celtic, I presume :lol:), it would be more about voiding the titles, cups, etc.

MT is correct, registering players incorrectly has been hammered in the past. It has even occurred in European competitions, as a certain Glasgow club proved to their advantage quite recently...

7 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Juninio had an EBT, Celtic payed money into it, but also paid all tax and NI due. They also declared it to the SFA. 

As LNS stated EBTs were available to other clubs. BUT not paying tax and NI was nothing to do with EBTs that was just straight forward tax evasion. 

Jings! That was easy to shoot down.

Celtic confirmed that it established one EBT scheme in April 2005, which BBC Scotland understands was for the benefit of the Brazilian midfielder Juninho Paulista. The scheme was worth £765,000 but the club did not declare the trust payment to the Scottish Football Association or the Scottish Premier League"

Celtic confirmed that it established one EBT scheme in April 2005, which BBC Scotland understands was for the benefit of the Brazilian midfielder Juninho Paulista. The scheme was worth £765,000 but the club did not declare the trust payment to the Scottish Football Association or the Scottish Premier League"

Bennett showing no hypocrisy here whatsoever.

No wonder he's regarded as the biggest fud on here.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

From the spfl 

"The reason Rangers didn’t lodge the documentation with the SPL – and Lord Nimmo Smith helped us establish this – was that they didn’t believe they had to because they weren’t making those payments to the players and, therefore, they didn’t believe they were under obligation under the rules to lodge those documents.

It had nothing to do with disclosure to HMRC because the SPL and the SFA were not in the business of disclosing documents to HMRC. The reason Rangers did not give that documentation to the SFA and the SPL was not to hide it from the tax authorities"

Do you really believe that the SFA and spfl are part of a cover up here?

'Cover up', is pushing it, but I believe them to be very willing to give Rangers the benefit of doubt that scarcely exists.  They would much rather not have to strip titles.

We're again brought back to questions of why it was done and why the existence of side letters was denied.

9 hours ago, Blue92 said:

I think there might be some truth in that.

It can't present much source for satisfaction in still having those titles then.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

This is wrong. The club did not declare that Junino had a trust during his playing time, but they did not put any money in to the trust during that time. 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

MT is correct, registering players incorrectly has been hammered in the past. It has even occurred in European competitions, as a certain Glasgow club proved to their advantage quite recently...

While the Rangers situation is so unprecedented that comparisons are imperfect, the one you refer to again has parallels.

In evicting Legia Warsaw, nobody had to argue or establish that they'd broken the law, or sought or gained an advantage.  Nobody had to establish that they'd acted in bad faith.  And nobody would dream of arguing that had they not named then very briefly fielded that player, they would have lost the tie.

What mattered was the player's eligibility which was highlighted as a problem within a day or two of the tie.  In the Rangers case, the players have been deemed eligible, but only on the basis that they couldn't be deemed otherwise much later.

Again, thoroughly unsatisfactory and unjust.

What's all the shite creeping into these threads (and beyond) about Rangers fans adding titles? Surely there cannot be talk (even in jest) of adding WWII titles?

Wouldn't that be disrespecting king and country and fly in the face of their cannon-blasting jingoism and ersatz love for the armed forces?

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

While the Rangers situation is so unprecedented that comparisons are imperfect, the one you refer to again has parallels.

In evicting Legia Warsaw, nobody had to argue or establish that they'd broken the law, or sought or gained an advantage.  Nobody had to establish that they'd acted in bad faith.  And nobody would dream of arguing that had they not named then very briefly fielded that player, they would have lost the tie.

What mattered was the player's eligibility which was highlighted as a problem within a day or two of the tie.  In the Rangers case, the players have been deemed eligible, but only on the basis that they couldn't be deemed otherwise much later.

Again, thoroughly unsatisfactory and unjust.

You can only hightllight something when it come to light. There is no "statue of limitations" regarding this. 

37 minutes ago, NewHope said:

What's all the shite creeping into these threads (and beyond) about Rangers fans adding titles? Surely there cannot be talk (even in jest) of adding WWII titles?

Wouldn't that be disrespecting king and country and fly in the face of their cannon-blasting jingoism and ersatz love for the armed forces?

Some shite on followfollow based on some shite on a 'Rangers facebook page'.....

1. #ADDTHETITLES - Rangers 61 Scottish League Titles and 2 ...

forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1114029-ADDTHETITLES-Rangers...

First class summary by a Rangers Facebook page showing the absolute Timplosion that could erupt should the SFA actually add more league titles instead of taking them ...

and anybody who disagrees with Ibroxian party line is a 'moonhowler'?   Jeez-oh!

11 hours ago, bennett said:

It wasn't, it was dealt with. 

Deceitful no, incompetent probably.

A lot of fans seem to cite the rules one minute, then want the rules ignored so that titles can be stripped. 

The rules very clearly did allow for titles to be annulled.

You of course know this as you have already been shown the wording of the rules that LNS quoted.

It would appear that you are doing the very thing that you accuse others of.

Archived