Scotland Squad So Far

St Sid

Here the latest Scotland squad I can find for the two games, however a further 5 or 6 players are to be added tonight.

Scotland squad

Alexander, Douglas, Gallacher, Caldwell, Dailly, Pressley, Webster, Wilkie, Cameron, Gemmill, Devlin, Ferguson, Lambert, Naysmith, Crawford, Dickov, Hutchison, Miller.

I suspect Neil McCann may be added tonight and a long shot might be Brewster after a good performance against the bigots yesterday. Is Thompson of the bigots injured or has his Scotland career been trashed by the scum in the same way as Dodds. :huh: Any ideas who else will be added to the Scotland squad tonight? :huh:

FULL SCOTLAND SQUAD

Revised Scotland squad:

Goalkeepers: Neil Alexander (Cardiff City) Robert Douglas (Celtic) Paul Gallacher (Dundee United)

Defenders: Graham Alexander (Preston North End) Gary Caldwell (Newcastle United) Christian Dailly (West Ham United) Robert Malcolm (Rangers) Steven Pressley (Heart of Midlothian) Maurice Ross (Rangers) Andy Webster (Heart of Midlothian) Lee Wilkie (Dundee)

Midfield: Colin Cameron (Wolverhampton W.) Scot Gemmill (Everton) Paul Devlin (Birmingham City) Barry Ferguson (Rangers) Paul Lambert (Celtic) Jackie McNamara (Celtic) Gary Naysmith (Everton) Jamie Smith (Celtic)

Forwards: Stephen Crawford (Dunfermline Athletic) Scott Dobie (West Bromwich Albion) Don Hutchison (West Ham United) Kenny Miller (Wolverhampton W.) Steven Thompson (Rangers)

OK, a few points

Why no Russell Anderson? What has he done to be omitted? First off Wilkie is dumped after some good performances, now Anderson is out. I would take Anderson before Webster or Malcolm.

Is occasionally being on the bench for Celtic a sure-fire way to get into the Scotland squad? Jamie Smith is gash, Jackie McNamara is alright I suppose. If we are going to include fringe Cellic players, why not put in the best of the lot, Maloney? Why not include Gavin Rae, who has come onto some good form for Dundee? F*cking hell, why not put Barry Robson in, he is as good as Smith. Gareth Williams is another I wouldn't have minded seeing.

As for the strikers, well, beggars can't be choosers. Crawford and Thompson have done reasonably well, esp in the games v Iceland and Canada. I am still not sold on Thompson, but accept that he should probably be in the squad. Obviously Kenny Miller is worthy of a berth, given his recent run. Why not include James McFadden instead of Scott Dobie? Imagine we are losing or drawing with 20 minutes to go - who would you rather bring on, Scott Dobie or James McFadden? McFadden can turn a game and as he is young he has a bit of guts about him, he isn't going to show anyone too much respect. Surely worth a go.

Who cares?

The National team suck and the hyper-cheery Tartan army really get on my nerves.

I'm not bothered we got beat 4 nil Campbell, We'll win the Fair Play award in the best fans competiton.

Well, I'm guessing the 40,000 odd fans who will be at Hampden, the 2,500 that will travel to Lithuania and the 10,000 - 15,000 that have already booked up all the hotel accomodation in Dortmund care.

Personally I find those fans who always take pleasure in doing down the national team and the Tartan Army get on my nerves. :P

The squad is as uninspiring as usual but there aren't really all that many options for Berti to choose from. Following his performace against Ireland Paul Devlin should be a certain starter and on recent form Kenny Miller has to feature at some point. It will also be good to see Lee Wilkie back in defence with Pressley.

The squad should still be good enough to get at least 4 points from the upcoming games whoever plays and that would certainly put us in pole position for the play off spot.

Bob f'k'n Malcolm for fuxake :blink:

If you delete all the pish and we can avoid injuries or mental decisions by Berti there's not a bad side there. Certainly a side capable of beating Iceland based on their last performance.

I'll be watching the game in Arbroath after the Saints game. If it hadn't been for the fixture clash I'd certainly be there but Saints come first. Any football supporter should be along at Hampden for what is a crucial match that could even be a turning point and lead to a wee bit of history for us.

I suspect it is going to be a cracking match with a few goals based on what happened in Iceland. :bounce3:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3

It's getting depressing going to Hampden:

Scotland 0-2 Ireland

Ayr 0-4 Rangers

Scotland 0-1 Denmark

Scotland 0-0 Croatia

Scotland 0-2 Australia

Ayr 0-7 Rangers

:(

Guest mabozza ricci

Whoever goes to games with Iain keep him the f*ck away form Hampden this weekend PLEASE. Go to Leichtenstein or Georgia instead.

Archived