George A Romeo Deid

EdgarusQPFC

The "Dead" movies are, quite rightly, his legacy. Always worth giving The Crazies a watch though. The Dark Half was a decent attempt at a King adaptation, and Bruiser is a cracking later movie with an outstanding cast and great premise.

Almost everything he did was at least fun.

Martin is a superb vampire movie, and Monkey Shines is a surprisingly creepy wee story, with a few moments of unintentional comedy. Of course, there's also the cracking Creepshow, which did a magnificent job of merging high camp with grim horror.

One of my favourite directors. Only one of his films I didn't enjoy was Season of the Witch (not the one that came out a few years back).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478125/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Written and directed by two folk who seem to have made it their personal mission to piss all over Romero's films for a few years. It's bad, but not as bad as their Day of the Dead 2, which is possibly the worst film of all time.

Just realised that the only two Romero films I haven't seen are Knightriders, mainly because I've never seen a copy anywhere, and There's Always Vanilla, which I'd never heard of until now. He had a terrific hit ratio.

Archived