Auchinleck Talbot 2017 / 2018

geo 1909

Talbot fans are the only people who need a strong Talbot. Football success is cyclical and it's Talbot's turn for a dip which I'm sure they'll recover from with Tucker at the helm, but to suggest that Talbot not winning trophies will have far-reaching implications for other sides is a deluded and arrogant.  

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Utter nonsense to suggest that other teams need a strong Talbot , pollok , Linlithgow etc etc etc .

Junior fans care about one thing and that's their own team winning and nothing else , it's a bit like the myth of rangers needing a strong celtic and the other way around , most Rangers and celtic fans simply want to pummel each other 5-0 every time they play , just as every junior team would love to hammer the big guns like Talbot , pollok , Linlithgow etc .

Nobody in junior football needs a strong anyone , it's all about your own club.

Rangers needing a strong Celtic? How strong do they want them? Absolute batter them every time they play each other

Talbot are a big name with a large following and are in general a good draw, as locals turn out to see if their team can get one over a big club and neutrals will turn out if it is another big club they are playing. So big clubs with big reputations generate interest and money. I would imagine most treasurers will see the benefit of a strong Talbot coming to town.  However, like Southerner, this is all a bit melodramatic and the demise of Talbot premature, it  is all a tad overactive. Personally, I think they have some exciting new signings and will be there or there about.

1 hour ago, classof2010 said:

I don't think it's a demise but I don't see them dominating the way they did maybe in cup games will u get more neutrals and locals coming out to watch u v Talbot I doubt that will be beiths biggest league gate of the season

Have heard this before, remember the same sort of thing in the 80s during the three in a row run. You might be right, and whether it's Beith's biggest gate or not, I'm not getting drawn into a debate about who in the league will be a bigger pull, perhaps the local derby with the blasties. Time will tell, Talbot are due a wee lean spell, but I think, and history proves me right, they will be in the running sooner rather than later. Pity for some of the Beith gang who seem crave the Talbot demise!

Only one person on here from beith is craving it and most of Kennys quotes are tongue in cheek i honestly thought Talbot would be a far harder opposition than last year I thought Pettigrew wud be a great signing I'd heard good things from players who had played against Glasgow and thought Tucker had done good business even though he lost 3 very good players but what I saw at bellsdale wasn't great Talbot won't have problems scoring against most teams and Graham Wilson might be top scorer but they didn't impress me and now a wee bit of unrest with latta leaving pettigrew on the list and rumours white might be next to go I know they had a pretty big squad but as I said before the fear factor has gone

32 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Only one person on here from beith is craving it and most of Kennys quotes are tongue in cheek i honestly thought Talbot would be a far harder opposition than last year I thought Pettigrew wud be a great signing I'd heard good things from players who had played against Glasgow and thought Tucker had done good business even though he lost 3 very good players but what I saw at bellsdale wasn't great Talbot won't have problems scoring against most teams and Graham Wilson might be top scorer but they didn't impress me and now a wee bit of unrest with latta leaving pettigrew on the list and rumours white might be next to go I know they had a pretty big squad but as I said before the fear factor has gone

My man, you make a huge amount of assumptions based on one game. Talbot usually have an indifferent Autumn, that's when we see we can see the glimmer of the collective knives. Fear factor? Fear factor gone? Say these thing often enough and you will begin to believe them just like your over excitable pal Kenny. You two can stimulate for all your worth regaling tales of the Talbot on the slide. Me, think I will invest in shares in Andrex!:thumsup2

20 minutes ago, CC1987 said:

Absolutely not, came straight from a players mouth!

Oh, here we go, tell me this, if Talbot are getting rid of their "high earner" and they knew they were not in the "big Scottish" during the close season, why sign Pettigrew and then let him go? They would know their budget before they signed him, surely?

The vultures, circling like flies round a shite, are sadly mistaken, delusional,  salivating over the prospect  of the scavenging a corpse, bit premature! Must be taking a leaf out of Kenny's book. :)

You forgetting they don't give a hoots about the big scottish.

They cling onto the 1-0 narrow defeat to hearts at Tynecastle and love it but when lowland league teams put them in their place in the same tournament they see it as a case of " it's only a period of transformation " . ️Haha :)

24 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Oh, here we go, tell me this, if Talbot are getting rid of their "high earner" and they knew they were not in the "big Scottish" during the close season, why sign Pettigrew and then let him go? They would know their budget before they signed him, surely?

The vultures, circling like flies round a shite, are sadly mistaken, delusional,  salivating over the prospect  of the scavenging a corpse, bit premature! Must be taking a leaf out of Kenny's book. :)

Ask the question at your AGM then you can come back and make your apology.

PS who mentioned Pettigrew?

Archived