Scottish '38' (or now '42') club

Guest Jedi

A few years ago there used to be a Scottish 38 Club for like minded folk who had been to a match at each of the then Scottish senior grounds. Obviously that has since increased to 42. Seem to remember you were presented with a tie, badge and certificate at your 'last' ground by the club, which had meet ups and newsletter etc.

Anyone know if there are any similar clubs around now? There are certainly ones for the English 92 grounds, but haven't heard of a Scottish version for a while.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jedi said:

A few years ago there used to be a Scottish 38 Club for like minded folk who had been to a match at each of the then Scottish senior grounds. Obviously that has since increased to 42. Seem to remember you were presented with a tie, badge and certificate at your 'last' ground by the club, which had meet ups and newsletter etc.

Anyone know if there are any similar clubs around now? There are certainly ones for the English 92 grounds, but haven't heard of a Scottish version for a while.

Most of them wouldn't give you the steam of their pish.

not that rare a thing nowadays is it,you read comments on other threads about folks doing it.i think when you go to games you become mindful of which ones you have left as the number dwindles. sort of completed my round in march with cowdens away game to annan though haven't been to new falkirk and airdrie grounds, just Brockville and broomfield

did that a few years ago with the Highland league teams.dont think id try the 42, though

It would be tough with 4 teams to tick off. I remember driving up to Inverness and Dingwall, on consecutive weekends in April. I lived in Balloch then. My trip to Cowdenbeath was on a cold mid-week evening, for an uneventful 0-0 v Brechin!

7 hours ago, The Nightfly said:

It is more of an achievement if you can visit all the grounds in a single season, as I did in 1995/96. emoji6.png

Fair play to you but wouldn't want to miss my teams games. I've been stuck on 41 for years need to go to Stranraer. 

I was lucky watching ICT as we played nearly everybody on the way up. Still to see them at Dumbarton this season although I've been there with fitba daft Rab C. Been at Stranraer with Whitehill and ICT. 

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I was lucky watching ICT as we played nearly everybody on the way up. Still to see them at Dumbarton this season although I've been there with fitba daft Rab C. Been at Stranraer with Whitehill and ICT. 

I've managed 7 of the 42 with Liverpool ... don't think I'll get the full set and we won't talk about the ICT one :lol: 

4 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I've managed 7 of the 42 with Liverpool ... don't think I'll get the full set and we won't talk about the ICT one :lol: 

Oh aye, Liverpool 's record defeat on Scottish soil, I'd forgotten about that :lol:

Vaguely toyed with trying to do all 42 in 1 season a few years ago (I didn't btw): and if you were prepared to go to Sunday games when they were on TV, and Tuesday or Wednesday (maybe both) nearer to you when there were midweek cards, with careful planning you could do it in 3-4 months... That was also before LC groups plus increase in Friday TV games.

Archived