F1 2017

Jamaldo

Now that the bugs are ironed out are we in agreement that this is possibly the best F1 game ever made?

Unfortunately not all the bugs are ironed out. Full qualifying in career mode is completely rigged against the player. Example: I was sat in 10th place in Australia in q2 as it started pissing down. Certain I was safe as no-one could possibly better their time. Nope. Session ends and I've been relegated to p11 and out of quali. This has happened in pretty much every career race so far and I'm pretty pissed off with the game deciding where I'm going to qualify rather than me by just making up AI times. Definitely going to be starting again once/if it's fixed.

I realise I started the thread so happy to take the stick but it's frustrating. Multiplayer is a mess too.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished 16th in my first ever race, Australia in the career mode for Sauber. Set it to about 55 for difficulty.

Four folk retired and I was lapped twice [emoji23]

There are none. Not played an F1 game since the PS1 games...

Well I wouldn't get too far in to the game. It's an absolute buggy mess which has screwed me over multiple times.

Was doing the 2017 season in Championships earlier. I was leading Vettel by 30 points going into Singapore but I crashed while he won. No problem I thought, I'm still going to be 5 points ahead.

Nope. I see in the standings that I'm now 20 points behind as the game has decided to award Vettel 50 points for the win in Singapore as a wee treat or something. Then in Abu Dhabi it's just me and Hamilton fighting for the title. I crash him off then myself as I can't be fucked driving five laps of Abu Dhabi, only to find that BOTH the ferraris have leapfrogged me in the final standings despite it being impossible for them to catch me. I restart, win the race and the title, and then to cap off the clusterfuck I don't get the trophy for winning the driver's championship.

A potentially great game being destroyed by game-breaking bugs, and I have no confidence that these bellends are going to fix them.

Well I wouldn't get too far in to the game. It's an absolute buggy mess which has screwed me over multiple times.

Was doing the 2017 season in Championships earlier. I was leading Vettel by 30 points going into Singapore but I crashed while he won. No problem I thought, I'm still going to be 5 points ahead.

Nope. I see in the standings that I'm now 20 points behind as the game has decided to award Vettel 50 points for the win in Singapore as a wee treat or something. Then in Abu Dhabi it's just me and Hamilton fighting for the title. I crash him off then myself as I can't be fucked driving five laps of Abu Dhabi, only to find that BOTH the ferraris have leapfrogged me in the final standings despite it being impossible for them to catch me. I restart, win the race and the title, and then to cap off the clusterfuck I don't get the trophy for winning the driver's championship.

A potentially great game being destroyed by game-breaking bugs, and I have no confidence that these bellends are going to fix them.

That's a bit disappointing. Enjoying it so far, qualified 18th in my second race so well chuffed, likely shit the bed during the race though

I haven't been in career much but online multiplayer has no issues at all for me.

Regarding the rain/better times that was an issue last year too.

I do think this is the best one they've made yet.

I haven't been in career much but online multiplayer has no issues at all for me.

Regarding the rain/better times that was an issue last year too.

I do think this is the best one they've made yet.

In terms of handling and design it is brilliant. And I don't mind the occasionally wee bug but the ones that I'm (along with a lot of others) having are ruining the game. Check the codemasters forum and you'll see that people aren't happy.

Qualified 16th for Spain, well chuffed. Start the race well and take a few places at the first corner, before my team mates rams me off the track and I lose my front wing. Never recovered and never got near anyone after. Seething.

• 2 weeks later...
They now seem to have patched a lot of the issues and I'm absolutely loving this game.

Yeah that qualifying bug seems to be gone now.

Restarted my career. Qualified 8th in Australia but got tagged at the start and needed to pit early so was right at the back, but a safety car (which apparently are very rare in the game compared to last year) came out so caught up with the pack. Eventually made my way back into the points but got a slice of luck there I suppose.

To add to that, both Ferraris and Lewis Hamilton retired, Lance Stroll won the race, and Haas scored a 3-4 finish [emoji38] .

1 hour ago, Jamaldo said:

Yeah that qualifying bug seems to be gone now.

Restarted my career. Qualified 8th in Australia but got tagged at the start and needed to pit early so was right at the back, but a safety car (which apparently are very rare in the game compared to last year) came out so caught up with the pack. Eventually made my way back into the points but got a slice of luck there I suppose.

To add to that, both Ferraris and Lewis Hamilton retired, Lance Stroll won the race, and Haas scored a 3-4 finish emoji38.png .

I had 2 safety cars in China (I didn't play last years game so not sure how frequent they were), had a dry Quali where my Sauber time looked to be about 15/16th only for me to forward the time for the last few minutes to then be leapfrogged by everyone apart from Ericsson. A start on Inters and then turned to slicks fairly early on.  

Was a bit confused during the 2nd Safety Car as while following it Verstappen and Ricciardo swapped places with Ricciardo turning into a Ghost car, only for him to go up in a puff of smoke right at the restart.  Ended up 6th so I think I may need to increase the difficulty, I'm sure its around 55 just now.  Me and wheels in racing games just don't go together very well.

Have they fixed the bug whereby the Track Condition doesn't affect AI timings at the beginnings of Practice and Qualifying?

I get a safety car a couple of times a season, usually in Azerbaijan.

Finished the first season with Sauber with about seven points, nobody moved for me so still stuck with them. A few races into the second season and I've been promoted to the number one driver. I struggle like absolute f**k in the tight street tracks, especially Monaco, so my reputation with other teams takes a huge whack after them.

Hamilton and Vettel usually streets ahead of folk, I'm not unconvinced I've yet to see Verstappen finish a race though, constantly retiring, and it's usually him that leads to a safety car.

In between a rock and a hard place with the difficulty atm. On 91 the qualifying pace of the AI seems about right but during the race they're just really poor at overtaking and defending.

Probably going to put up the difficulty to 95 as the races are just boring right now.

14 hours ago, Jamaldo said:

In between a rock and a hard place with the difficulty atm. On 91 the qualifying pace of the AI seems about right but during the race they're just really poor at overtaking and defending.

Probably going to put up the difficulty to 95 as the races are just boring right now.

I saw a post on reddit which gave instructions on how to find the right difficulty level, I'll post a link when I get back from work later on this evening.

Basically select a difficulty level and then set up a single race in perfect conditions at Barcelona having everyone race in the same car, I think it's the historic Red Bull but can't remember.  You then want to do a quick qualifying session and fast forward to about 5 mins to go and start a flying lap, the track is normally clear at that time.  The goal then is to do the perfect lap so use of flashback is needed so that every corner is the best.  The aim is to get pole by the narrowest of margins possible so may take some adjustment in difficulty level, rough guide a single level is roughly 0.10 sec(ish).  

Once you have that level, then that's the qualifying difficulty set, you want to adjust up by about 4 for the races, the reasoning is that the AI are scripted to be slower than qualifying pace so it should be challenging enough for both sessions.

Archived