scotland squad name

Scotland need strength squad face next month

Scotland need bring tall and stronger like Berra and Mulgrew but Martin and Hanley was weakener 

Scotland need bring left full back to back up because Tierney play right full back with Paterson or Whittaker or Ralston

Scotland need midfielder to drop to Bannan,and McGinn for Cairney and McGregor

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ralston isn't ready - against Astana he simply got his head down and blindly hoofed the ball upfield every time he got near it. Maybe after a season of regular games for Celtic though.
Hoping Burke forces his way back in in time for the October squad also, though he'll only really have the next two weekends to catch the eye.
In defence, I'd be happy to stick with Berra and Mulgrew - both experienced internationals who offer physicality and height. Hanley and Martin are the best current backups until one of the Souttars or another younger cb comes into the reckoning.

27 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Ralston isn't ready - against Astana he simply got his head down and blindly hoofed the ball upfield every time he got near it. Maybe after a season of regular games for Celtic though.
Hoping Burke forces his way back in in time for the October squad also, though he'll only really have the next two weekends to catch the eye.
In defence, I'd be happy to stick with Berra and Mulgrew - both experienced internationals who offer physicality and height. Hanley and Martin are the best current backups until one of the Souttars or another younger cb comes into the reckoning.

What you think Scotland will name squad to you think possible in senior squad

It's too early to discuss the squad. A lot of injuries and form dips and rises to come.

I hope Griffiths gets some goals before then, he way off his best.

And if Rodgers could play Tierney at rb from now on that would also be much appreciated.

If there ever was a time to blood players in, it's definitely not now.  Strachan's essentially in a 2 game shootout for his job.  He may well even know in his own mind that he's gone regardless.  We've plenty of time over the next year to think about doing that, this squad should purely be about picking the best players we have available without question.  If he has spots, I'm not against calling up some youngsters to make up the numbers, but now isn't the time to be changing much.

Imagine it'll be pretty much the same squad as got called up before.  I could see some of the fringe players changing - outside of Martin and Griffiths you can essentially pick any two eligible forwards and it won't really matter - but unless there's injuries to key players, it'll be much the same.  

Oh aye, and hunners of Scotglish players in the squad too, please.

4 hours ago, forameus said:

If there ever was a time to blood players in, it's definitely not now.  Strachan's essentially in a 2 game shootout for his job.  He may well even know in his own mind that he's gone regardless.  We've plenty of time over the next year to think about doing that, this squad should purely be about picking the best players we have available without question.  If he has spots, I'm not against calling up some youngsters to make up the numbers, but now isn't the time to be changing much.

Imagine it'll be pretty much the same squad as got called up before.  I could see some of the fringe players changing - outside of Martin and Griffiths you can essentially pick any two eligible forwards and it won't really matter - but unless there's injuries to key players, it'll be much the same.  

Definitely NO Partick players anyway. Scots only will do nicely.

20 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I was very impressed with Souttar against the Netherlands. It won't be too long till he's in contention. He's filled out and is more aggressive than before. McKenna, the other centre half, was very physical and imposing and played extremely well.

5 hours ago, forameus said:

Quite agree. I think realistically only McGregor and Burke might come in to the next squad. We've caught a little bit of lightning in a jar with this mix of players and tactical approach, so let's hope it stays bright for another 2, or ideally 4 games.

Archived