Monday Night Football 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Anyone staying up tonight for Mitch’s NFL Debut?

Would love to stay up and watch it.  Especially since Trubisky is my QB in a 32 team fantasy dynasty league I am in.  But work tomorrow means I’ll have to catch it on Gamepass tomorrow.

But there is nothing like heaping pressure on a guy.  The Bears have been crap under Glennon, so all the expectation is on Trubisky.  Added on to that, the Bears give him his debut in a divisional matchup.  Oh wait a minute, that isn’t enough pressure!  Let’s wait until it is Monday Night Football as well so it can be seen right across America and beyond!!

I think it would have been wiser either to wait until next week or done it last week.  Don’t think this is the right kind of game for a debut.

But then again, he might just light it up Watson style!  Here’s hoping!

Vikings win with a FG at the death. Trubisky played fairly well in the bits I saw, started decently enough but was hurt by offensive penalties. Bradford replaced by Keenum due to injury and it was probably the best thing to happen to the Vikings. Trubisky made one major error, and unfortunately for him it cost them the game as he threw an interception from which the Vikings had their game winning drive. Lots of positives from him if you are a Bears fan.

Just watched 7 minutes of highlights. 1st half seemed awful with the 2nd a vast improvement. Trubisky looked solid but got very lucky with the TD and then was punished for the INT. was it a bad injury for Bradford?

Just watched 7 minutes of highlights. 1st half seemed awful with the 2nd a vast improvement. Trubisky looked solid but got very lucky with the TD and then was punished for the INT. was it a bad injury for Bradford?

Don't think Bradford should ever have been on the field tbh, didn't look like he was moving well right from the start. Think it was just the cumulative effect of a few sacks/hits that forced him off.

As you say, Trubisky was fortunate with the TD pass, but the 2 point conversion play was a thing of beauty, as was the Bears first 6 pointer from the fake punt.

Don't think Bradford should ever have been on the field tbh, didn't look like he was moving well right from the start. Think it was just the cumulative effect of a few sacks/hits that forced him off.

As you say, Trubisky was fortunate with the TD pass, but the 2 point conversion play was a thing of beauty, as was the Bears first 6 pointer from the fake punt.

I heard them saying the score on the fake punt was the 1st play of over 30 yards from the Bears this season......and it came from the punter

I heard them saying the score on the fake punt was the 1st play of over 30 yards from the Bears this season......and it came from the punter

Apparently so. Think Trubisky managed a 20 yard pass play as his longest of the night.

What was Fox’s play calling like? Did he test Mitch or was it mainly passes underneath and dump offs?

Pretty safe tbh. He did have a few good throws early on that were wiped by penalties. Thought on the whole he looked pretty solid.

McKinnon was excellent for the Vikings, he had just under 200 yards total from receptions, runs and returns.

Archived