Inverness v Queens

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yep on both fronts, though I've no idea why McKay is jumping with his hands up like that. He's lucky it didn't hit his hand.

I'd also say both David Raven and Charlie Trafford are lucky boys not to have been sent off in that. Raven gets away with a forearm into Stirling's throat early on (not even a foul given), his "tackle" on Marshall is dreadful and could have been a straight red and then even after that he goes through the back of Dobbie in almost the same spot. Trafford has both feet off the ground when he takes out Tapping in the middle of the park, notwithstanding that he does get the ball first. And then after that quite deliberately bangs John Rankin in the head with his knee when Rankin is on all fours on the ground. That one's right in front of the referee. Lord knows how he doesn't get a second yellow for it.

We had much the better of the game but haven't really forced Fon Williams to do an awful lot. One save from distance from Dobbie's shot and the one at Tapping's feet that Tapping really should do a lot better with.

I quite like Tapping as a player, neat and tidy and his fitness has really come on after a long time injured.

That said anytime I see him with a chance to score I just assume he`ll miss. His finishing is really awful.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I quite like Tapping as a player, neat and tidy and his fitness has really come on after a long time injured.
That said anytime I see him with a chance to score I just assume he`ll miss. His finishing is really awful.

I think it's unfortunate for us that he seems to get so many chances. I like him as well but like you I wouldn't fancy him in a one on one situation. I know every player should be able to put the ball in the net but it just isn't an attribute he possesses given the type of player he is.

Archived