Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This bunch of Fife players and supporters have taken bitching to a whole new level. Ashcroft blaming referee and the pitch now. Surprised he has not sent the video to the SFA yet.

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He was only on the pitch for 9 mins or so and was very unlucky  not to score when the ball hit the post and came back. I'm not sure what you expected from him in that short period of time.

Yeah, that's a fair point. As I said, I saw him a lot against lower league sides when he played with East Fife and was very impressed so when he came on, on Saturday, I thought his height and pace may have been more effective than it was. He was unlucky with the header against the post though, as you have rightly said. When he came on against us last season he scored what turned out to be the winner in the 2-1 game at EEP and it was a concern with him and Miller up top with their height etc. I'm glad our defenders were on form and your creative players seemed to lack a cutting edge in the final third. 

I like Nathan as a player and with him being local to my area, too, it's great to see him continuing his development with full-time football considering only 3 or 4 years ago he was playing at Amateur Level with Leven United. 

All the Best to him for the remainder of the season, I hope he kicks on again (just not against Dunfermline!)

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It tells you how good a game it was that very little about the actual game has been discussed.

Falkirk fans must be really confused about Hartley talking up the performance though. They barely created a chance against 10 men, are four points adrift in 9th and have one home league victory in the last nine months. No wonder the home supporters were all absolutely furious throughout the second half on Saturday.

Not as furious as the pars fans though who spent the second half berating their manager,singing you don't know what your doing and sarcastically cheering his substitutions.  I thought AJ was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread?

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Should watch the highlights just to watch the South Stand after Higgy tucks home the penalty. The seethe from the Falkirk fans is absolutely delicious; they're FURIOUS.

Kudos to the lad in the wheelchair. Great turn of pace (covers about 20 yards in the blink of an eye) and wide variety of hand gestures. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Kudos to the lad in the wheelchair. Great turn of pace (covers about 20 yards in the blink of an eye) and wide variety of hand gestures. 

Unfortunately theres's no highlights of Higginbottom greeting his eyes out in the changing rooms after making a pure cant of himself once again .

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not as furious as the pars fans though who spent the second half berating their manager,singing you don't know what your doing and sarcastically cheering his substitutions.  I thought AJ was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread?

No, the Falkirk fans were far angrier. Even angrier than the Pars supporters in the Norrie stand after the Sibbald shhh-gate of last season.

I'm not surprised though. The haunting realisation that Hartley is no miracle worker is beginning to dawn on some. I'm sure the usual suspects will pin their hopes on Sibbald suddenly being match fit and decent again or a mass clear out solving matters. Fact is, Falkirk should have been challenging for the title this season and they now need a miracle to even be top four.

Also, I've never seen any Pars fan ever highly praise AJ. he's never been loved and he's never had any groundswell against him either. He's doing a good job but has obvious flaws, which is why he's managing a club in the second tier of Scottish football. Quite content with him, although would be nice if he was a bit quicker to change things when a game starts to turn against us.

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

No, the Falkirk fans were far angrier. Even angrier than the Pars supporters in the Norrie stand after the Sibbald shhh-gate of last season.

I'm not surprised though. The haunting realisation that Hartley is no miracle worker is beginning to dawn on some. I'm sure the usual suspects will pin their hopes on Sibbald suddenly being match fit and decent again or a mass clear out solving matters. Fact is, Falkirk should have been challenging for the title this season and they now need a miracle to even be top four.

Also, I've never seen any Pars fan ever highly praise AJ. he's never been loved and he's never had any groundswell against him either. He's doing a good job but has obvious flaws, which is why he's managing a club in the second tier of Scottish football. Quite content with him, although would be nice if he was a bit quicker to change things when a game starts to turn against us.

Hartley doesn't need to be a miracle worker just a competent football manager and that is what he is.

Inherited a hugely dysfunctional squad and is beginning to make his mark though no one is under any illusions as to the size of the task.

He made more changes in the second half on Saturday to try and get the win than Houston made in half a dozen games.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Your fans ur angrier than wur fans!!!!!!&!&!&×&!!!!

Just as the honours on the pitch have been even over the last few league games, we're quite well matched on here. It's the similarity that rubs folk up the wrong way, a case of staring into the abyss and the abyss staring back at you, so to speak. 

Hartley picking up fewer points per game than Houston so far and looks to be back to comfort eating after scrubbing up a bit to look presentable enough to get the job.  Still, making the changes to avoid defeat against nine men screams progress right enough.

Hartley picking up fewer points per game than Houston so far and looks to be back to comfort eating after scrubbing up a bit to look presentable enough to get the job.  Still, making the changes to avoid defeat against nine men screams progress right enough.

Away at United, Livi and Caley in the next four league games. Great chance for Brechin to close the gap.

There's always the Challenge Cup...

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Away games at United, Livi and Caley in the next four league games. Great chance for Brechin to close the gap.

That late goal at Brechin for Dumbarton must have been a crushing blow. We've been down there and know you get kicked again and again when you're in those relegation places. Really feeling for them this morning. 

That late goal at Brechin for Dumbarton must have been a crushing blow. We've been down there and know you get kicked again and again when you're in those relegation places. Really feeling for them this morning. 

Crushing blow? I couldnt even have told you the Brechin Dumbarton score.

Archived