SPFL Financial Fair play

Anybody any idea what has happened to this?

From the SPFL membership criteria taken from the SPFL site.

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__090916membershipcriteria2017_18spfl_shfl_slflclubs_1473753893.pdf

Although strangely, it is dated 9th September 2016, it includes this paragraph.

Financial Fair Play

During the course of Season 2016/2017 a system of Financial Fair Play is likely to be introduced. The details of the system are currently the subject of consultation and it is unlikely that such a system will become fully operational until Season 2019/2020 with a programme of phased implementation for Ladbrokes Premiership Clubs only being intended. More details will be provided in due course.

Has the implementation been phased in since last year? I've certainly not heard anything about it. 

I was reading about the broader picture of Financial Fairplay in 'Money and Football' - all set up to go against the smaller clubs by basically outlawing sugardaddies. If you cannot generate your own revenue, the deep pockets of a benefactor breach FFP.  Sevco do seem quite reliant on benfactors. I saw a tweet the other day (from a journo) suggest they're £3.5m short of what they need to see out the season.

Archived