Egypt

Cerberus

6 hours ago, sjc said:

So you can differentiate between all the mass shootings in America over the last 10 years? I'm not saying people don't care, just that both types of tragedies, whether in the US or the Middle East happen with such regularity and nothing ever charges in term sof preventing them that one blends into the other.

I partly agree with this,  but whilst we might not proactively remember mass shootings in the US we do recall many when prompted.  I doubt we'd remember any in the Middle East.  It's probably down to having more affinity with Western countries so it registers with us more?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

I partly agree with this,  but whilst we might not proactively remember mass shootings in the US we do recall many when prompted.  I doubt we'd remember any in the Middle East.  It's probably down to having more affinity with Western countries so it registers with us more?

Possibly, however I'm sure we all remember the Bali bombing more than say any specific instance in one of the numerous Belfast bombings during the troubles.

In many respects I feel the same whenever there's killings in Israel or Palestine committed by either side in the conflict in the news. Am I shocked? No, its been happening for years. Am I sorry for the innocent people killed? Yes of course but knowing that nothing will change when both sets of protagonists of the conflict refuse to even acknowledge the rights or existence of one another, whilst ignoring their own wrongdoings then f**k all will change. Why should I get worked up about it?

Archived