Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Buzzing for Saturday. Something exciting about going to Tannadice. Brings back memories of Gary Mason, Freddie Daquin and Paul Burns.

It's that curse of Thursday. The brain must take 4 1/2 days to flush out the horrors of the previous week and then suddenly the blind optimism is back.  

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It's that curse of Thursday. The brain must take 4 1/2 days to flush out the horrors of the previous week and then suddenly the blind optimism is back.  

Was lucky enough to miss the Morton and Dumbarton games so just in need of my fix.

9 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Paul Burns what a guy.

That late winner was one of only two competitive goals he ever scored for the Pars. I'd say he was shite but that would imply I remember any of his performances.

What was his other goal? Genuinely can't think of him scoring apart from that Tannadice goal.

He was probably one of the most out of his depth players I've seen for the Pars, was never premiership standard. McIntyre had a dreadful summer transfer window.

Lost Woods from the first team, brought in Burns, Potter and Thompson?

What was his other goal? Genuinely can't think of him scoring apart from that Tannadice goal.

He was probably one of the most out of his depth players I've seen for the Pars, was never premiership standard. McIntyre had a dreadful summer transfer window.

Surely you don’t mean Ryan Thomson?

According to soccerbase, Burns scored his second goal for Dunfermline away to St Johnstone in February in a 3-1 defeat. Didn’t play again until April which was ended up being his last game for us.

13 hours ago, Grant228 said:

smpar is correct it was a left footed cross against St Johnstone that went across the face of goal and trundled in. Was such a strange signing as he never stood out against us for Queens imo and done absolutely nothing for us. Another of his marquee signings was Paddy Boyle :shutup Bizarre to think we ended up battling a Hibs team with Griffiths and a non obese O'Connor all the way to the end that season and could have stayed up. 

10 hours ago, smpar said:

Surely you don’t mean Ryan Thomson?

According to soccerbase, Burns scored his second goal for Dunfermline away to St Johnstone in February in a 3-1 defeat. Didn’t play again until April which was ended up being his last game for us.

Jason Thompson. Who was also fucking awful, with a lowlight being his part in one of the most farcical goals scored against us in a 0-3 hiding we got from St Johnstone just before Christmas.

Jason Thompson. Who was also fucking awful, with a lowlight being his part in one of the most farcical goals scored against us in a 0-3 hiding we got from St Johnstone just before Christmas.

To nobody’s surprise, I completely forgot about him.

Train gets into Dundee about 90 minutes before kick-off. Any decent pubs on the way or is it best to pick a boozer much closer to Tannadice? 

17 minutes ago, smpar said:

Train gets into Dundee about 90 minutes before kick-off. Any decent pubs on the way or is it best to pick a boozer much closer to Tannadice? 

Frews at 5 ways roundabout, 5 minutes from Tannadice is usually regarded as best bet.

All away fans who aren’t arseholes are welcome.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Frews at 5 ways roundabout, 5 minutes from Tannadice is usually regarded as best bet.

All away fans who aren’t arseholes are welcome.

Oh. Where should I go then?

Archived