The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell_Ogilvie

"In March 2012 Ogilvie admitted to being a member of the Employee Benefit Trust scheme at Rangers when he was both a Director of Rangers as well as the treasurer of the Scottish Football Association"

No conflict of Interest there, is there. Having a position of influence within the body responsible for deciding potential wrongdoing of the body he was a director of. Did he not deny any knowledge of the EBTs when the story broke? Stop trying to claim any moral high ground.

Still, belters gonna belt.

In March 2012 Ogilvie admitted to being a member of the Employee Benefit Trust scheme at Rangers when he was both a Director of Rangers as well as the treasurer of the Scottish Football Association

Edit: To fend of your comeback, it makes no difference what his actual position was at the SFA, he was firmly in the power balance, as treasurer then as vice-president. Was literally on the board that decided there was no wrongdoing, whilst he himself was being paid by the EBT scheme. Care to admit that was a clear conflict of interest that should have been declared at the time, or is it only an issue when it's your dirty relatives across the city doing it?

Your Wikipedia whataboutery has no relevance to Shifty MacClennans possible failure to disclose a serious conflict of interests between his two employers. It also has no relevance to whether reported comments made by Shifty macClennan regarding a member club are true or not.

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

Your Wikipedia whataboutery has no relevance to Shifty MacClennans possible failure to disclose a serious conflict of interests between his two employers. It also has no relevance to whether comments reportedly  made by Shifty macClennan regarding a member club are true or not.

FTFY.

Not really whataboutery. Telling as f**k that you wont answer it though. Again, is it only an issue when the other side are allegedly fucking around inside the SFA, or was Campbell Ogilvie also a massive scandal that should have been investigated?

19 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

It's more a case of me enjoying the occasional spot of w****r fishing.

Thanks for playing.

5 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

If only you were sensible enough to stop biting though..

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

FTFY.

Not really whataboutery. Telling as f**k that you wont answer it though. Again, is it only an issue when the other side are allegedly fucking around inside the SFA, or was Campbell Ogilvie also a massive scandal that should have been investigated?

Explains the endless dodging and whataboutery...

Just now, bennett said:

Explains the endless dodging and whataboutery...

So sayeth the man that won't answer a simple question.

Was Campbell Ogilvie guilty of a serious conflict of interest? Yes, or no?

Aren't Rangers fans not tired of their club constantly lashing out in a petulant and churlish manner? They aren't even any good at it, as just about every complaint they have is rubbished within seconds either through factual inaccuracies or laughably triumphalist language. Take the recent "complaint" about MacLennan. It was never raised at the time, and it seems to have been raised in some way to offset Kings battle with the takeover panel, and Rangers seemed to have no issue when the so called "conflicts of interest" were in their favour. Yet the language is typically entrenched.

There is no anti-Rangers agenda other than the fans getting fucked off by a club the size and stature Rangers claiming they are being attacked by all. It's petty, pathetic and only looks utterly paranoid. Constantly being accused of hating another club only leads people to hate that club.

2 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

Aren't Rangers fans not tired of their club constantly lashing out in a petulant and churlish manner? They aren't even any good at it, as just about every complaint they have is rubbished within seconds either through factual inaccuracies or laughably triumphalist language. Take the recent "complaint" about MacLennan. It was never raised at the time, and it seems to have been raised in some way to offset Kings battle with the takeover panel, and Rangers seemed to have no issue when the so called "conflicts of interest" were in their favour. Yet the language is typically entrenched.

There is no anti-Rangers agenda other than the fans getting fucked off by a club the size and stature Rangers claiming they are being attacked by all. It's petty, pathetic and only looks utterly paranoid. Constantly being accused of hating another club only leads people to hate that club.

The information regarding shifty MacClennans conflict of interest wasn't made available at the time, once it was reported in the media -  Rangers asked the spfl if Shifty had disclosed the information, the spfl stalled and defelected.

Shiftys reported comments regarding Rangers also need investigated.

In the interests of transparency and sporting integrity.

The very fact that you need to call him "shifty" only underlines the attitude from Rangers and their fan base and in turn only continues the tedious stand off that they are in with what seems like every footballing body or club in the country. There is only one "winner" from that (and I use the word winner very loosely) and it's not Rangers.

I do laugh at the "transparency and sporting integrity" line, it's only that when it suits Rangers' cause. Is investigating King's takeover also transparency or sporting integrity? No, it's apparently "bullying".

Honestly, if I was a Rangers fan, I would have gotten utterly exasperated at the way this is constantly spun. You have steadied the ship, brought in possibly a great manager (also possibly a complete dud, but we'll see), you are back in contention for at least the European places if not the league, yet it's still constant tears and toys being thrown out of the pram.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

The information regarding shifty MacClennans conflict of interest wasn't made available at the time, once it was reported in the media -  Rangers asked the spfl if Shifty had disclosed the information, the spfl stalled and defelected.

Shiftys reported comments regarding Rangers also need investigated.

In the interests of transparency and sporting integrity.

It was in ALL the papers at the time, bennett.  Well, the ones you'd expect it to be in.

http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/news/AN_1520440397754379600/independent-news--media-appoints-murdoch-maclennan-as-chairman.aspx

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/inm-targets-new-era-under-maclennan-sl8h8l7gx

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/maclennan-takes-top-chair-at-inm-g5d9n9g2q

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-5289855/Independent-News--Media-chairman-steps-board-changes.html

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

They mention INM, what they don't mention is if Shifty disclosed his business links to two Celtic shareholders....

In the pocket ye go.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

They mention INM, what they don't mention is if Shifty disclosed his business links to two Celtic shareholders....

In the pocket ye go.

And you're trying to suggest that Rangers don't know Desmond's businesses like the back of their white-gloved hands?

51 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

The very fact that you need to call him "shifty" only underlines the attitude from Rangers and their fan base and in turn only continues the tedious stand off that they are in with what seems like every footballing body or club in the country. There is only one "winner" from that (and I use the word winner very loosely) and it's not Rangers.

I do laugh at the "transparency and sporting integrity" line, it's only that when it suits Rangers' cause. Is investigating King's takeover also transparency or sporting integrity? No, it's apparently "bullying".

Honestly, if I was a Rangers fan, I would have gotten utterly exasperated at the way this is constantly spun. You have steadied the ship, brought in possibly a great manager (also possibly a complete dud, but we'll see), you are back in contention for at least the European places if not the league, yet it's still constant tears and toys being thrown out of the pram.

Shifty McGifty is a long standing nickname used by his peers, nothing to do with us.

You have to wonder why Scottish football fans are suddenly against transparency and sporting integrity?

Appointing Shifty as an independent chairman is either incompetent or corrupt...

Just now, The DA said:

And you're trying to suggest that Rangers don't know Desmond's businesses like the back of their white-gloved hands?

I'm suggesting that a serious conflict of interest with the spfl independent chairman and two celtic directors wasn't publicly declared. The spfl are refusing to answer if it was privately declared.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Shifty McGifty is a long standing nickname used by his peers, nothing to do with us.

Is it? Which peers are those? Rangers have loads of nicknames, I didn't choose any of those. Why do you think that is?

The idea that Rangers are suddenly the arbiters of what is and isn't "sporting integrity" and "transparency" is at the root of much of the perceived arrogance that comes from Ibrox and their fan base. You have every right to disagree with the decisions made, but they shouldn't expect those disagreements to carry any more weight than any other club. Knee jerk triumphalist reactions only negatively affects your case.

I have no axe to grind with either the fans or the club, I feel equally ambivalent towards Celtic if that is any consolation. I just wish that they'd learn that doing a dirty protest only leaves your own walls covered in shit. Time to move on. Gerrard will only be hampered by the lingering pettiness and continual turmoil.

3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Is it? Which peers are those? Rangers have loads of nicknames, I didn't choose any of those. Why do you think that is?

The idea that Rangers are suddenly the arbiters of what is and isn't "sporting integrity" and "transparency" is at the root of much of the perceived arrogance that comes from Ibrox and their fan base. You have every right to disagree with the decisions made, but they shouldn't expect those disagreements to carry any more weight than any other club. Knee jerk triumphalist reactions only negatively affects your case.

I have no axe to grind with either the fans or the club, I feel equally ambivalent towards Celtic if that is any consolation. I just wish that they'd learn that doing a dirty protest only leaves your own walls covered in shit. Time to move on. Gerrard will only be hampered by the lingering pettiness and continual turmoil.

Your previous posts suggest otherwise...

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

Your previous posts suggest otherwise...

If you take umbrage at what I wrote then it suggests you are a very sensitive little soul indeed, as there was absolutely nothing inflammatory in my other response. If anything I was being entirely reasonable. However this is exactly the problem, it's the siege mentality; because I don't agree with the club's attitude I am somehow a malign force against it? That's not just paranoia but a completely false dichotomy. In the long run what the club and fans are doing helps no-one and ultimately only hurt Rangers.

I'm still waiting for the "peers" that use the "shifty" nickname.

Edited by Buddist Monk

I'm suggesting that a serious conflict of interest with the spfl independent chairman and two celtic directors wasn't publicly declared. The spfl are refusing to answer if it was privately declared.

Let’s say for arguments sake you’re right and there is a case to answer.

Why though are rangers doing this in such a public manner releasing statements demanding resignations etc. If it was really about just seeking clarity of the guys independence it’s a matter that could be dealt with privately.