cheeky little trips for a midweek fixture

Herman Hessian

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is just magnificent; if they'd hung on for all three points it would have been somehow wrong, though - conceding a 90th minute equaliser in the pissing rain raises the whole expedition to legendary status; just a bit of a sickener that Torquay had put a roof on the away end, though - it would have been the near perfect experience had they been stood out in the elements for the duration...

It was Gateshead's choice to play it midweek, it was originally scheduled for Saturday 23rd and they wanted to move it as they felt it was too near Christmas. Long journey home after your side concedes a last minute equaliser.

There are at least 20 in that picture. Chapeau to them.

It's one of those situations where I hope Torquay did the honorable thing and offered the twenty of them something to eat and a hot drink.  I expect standing after a journey like that would have been more appealing than sitting in the stand.

5 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Are the players at that level full time or back to work the next day?

Most are full time Gateshead are, some part timers Solihull Moors are I think and Guiseley were but I believe they recently moved over to full time.

Archived