Activating Windows

McMuffin

I've deleted the partition on my laptop and re-installed windows. All fine, got rid of all the shit kicking about on my hard drive. The problem is, when Windows asks me to activate it, I type in the code on the Certificate on my laptop's underside and it tells me it's incorrect. I've tried it a few times now and it's getting on my tits.

Anyone got any ideas?

I've deleted the partition on my laptop and re-installed windows. All fine, got rid of all the shit kicking about on my hard drive. The problem is, when Windows asks me to activate it, I type in the code on the Certificate on my laptop's underside and it tells me it's incorrect. I've tried it a few times now and it's getting on my tits.

Anyone got any ideas?

705693[/snapback]

I think, but I may be wrong, that your using the wrong code.

The code on your laptop is the normal license key, whereas new versions of XP also require an activation code, which you have to get from Microsoft. I think!

Yup you might need to phone a ridiculously expensive help line number to get hold of it. I think when I did mine I typed some code in as it was read out to me over the phone.

All that did was find the License code I used that didn't work! Any other tricks I can try so that I don't have to pay for a phone call?

707776[/snapback]

Not that I know of, but then Ive never looked :lol:

The whole point of this activation code is to get around the easily hacked license codes and make you buy the stuff :rolleyes: ... b*****ds :lol:

Try here and do search on some of the search engines they have listed ... but I dont fancy your chances.

Archived