Stennny vs Berwick

New signings, new manager,  new team almost since we last played the Stenners at Larbert.  The match up  should be a different and hopefully the result too.  People of the world join in with the #hornyrevolution 

Having travelled over 300 miles from Aviemore today, a round trip of over 400 tomorrow is too much for this old codger.

I'd be happy with a draw from this. New signings galore, and a very important one in Jamie Todd, a welcome centre-back. Can't  really expect him to sort a fragile defence out in his first game having stepped up from Tranent, though.

2-2. Willo hat-trick.

Willo to not only score said hat-trick in this 2-2 win victory, which will be reminiscent of England's glorious win up at Hampden back in June, but to also deliver 16 german suplexes to the invisible Harry Paton, who will be superbly marked out of the game by Alex 'Sexbomb' Petkov and Declan 'O' Kane.

20 hours ago, Redcar said:

Having travelled over 300 miles from Aviemore today, a round trip of over 400 tomorrow is too much for this old codger.

I'd be happy with a draw from this. New signings galore, and a very important one in Jamie Todd, a welcome centre-back. Can't  really expect him to sort a fragile defence out in his first game having stepped up from Tranent, though.

2-2. Willo hat-trick.

I was close.

Berwick woefully uncompetitive for the umpteenth away game this season and it's always obvious within five minutes that this is going to be the case. Traveling to support us against anyone outside the bottom three has become a waste of time and money. (Not sure how the Peterhead result happened). 4-0 today seriously flattered us. 

A bit harsh, I saw some good things out there today, the difference between the sides was Dunlop excellent, McGuigan clever,  Paton little sh!t (good player too) and the referee. He was influenced by every little yelp and complaint from Stenny players while letting them away with foul after foul especially the first half. He let Paton off with 4 or 5 tugs and pulls and one awful foul in front of the stands without even a card then books Stewart and sends him off for his only two offences. 2nd one was a classic though.  Ousey worked hard but we were so naive with 4 up front at times and got hit time and time again on the counter. Outnumbered and outgunned. Willis looked good, oKane did his best but there’s work to do.  One to forget about for us. 

Totally outclassed from start to finish. Stenny definitely got the best of the deal from Hearts, Paton was outstanding and Petkov completely out of his depth. He's done well on heavy pitches but with an emphasis on passing and moving he wasn't at the races. Kieron Stewart had a nightmare at right back and I'd bullet him for his suicidal challenge picking up a second yellow in front of the referee. Cook did ok with Fleming  but their inexperience was there for all to see against Jimmy Scott and McGuigan, I wouldn't be too harsh on them, they have better days ahead. Our biggest threat came from Willis with his dead ball deliveries. See is total quality at this level but needs support, his groin injury might keep him out for a few weeks. A disappointing day but the squad is still stronger than it was a few weeks ago. Stenny sure to finish in the top 4 and probably win promotion through the play-offs.

Well, that was an enjoyable afternoon. But for some inspired goalkeeping and some woeful finishing that could have been a spectacular result. Cook and Paton ran the show while the 2 Dunlops coasted through the game. Loved the audacious bit of wing play from Ross D to set up the first goal.

As far as I’m concerned Paton is the best player in this league. He makes such a big impact every single game, not just in flashes. We are lucky to have him and should enjoy him while he is here.

Berwick were pretty abysmal. A real lack of discipline and organisation and it was pretty clear that a few of them threw in the towel midway through the 2nd half.

3 hours ago, beaver1 said:

As far as I’m concerned Paton is the best player in this league. He makes such a big impact every single game, not just in flashes. We are lucky to have him and should enjoy him while it lasts

Agreed, he’s still a little sh!t though 

7 hours ago, dougster said:

A bit harsh, I saw some good things out there today, the difference between the sides was Dunlop excellent, McGuigan clever,  Paton little sh!t (good player too) and the referee. He was influenced by every little yelp and complaint from Stenny players while letting them away with foul after foul especially the first half. He let Paton off with 4 or 5 tugs and pulls and one awful foul in front of the stands without even a card then books Stewart and sends him off for his only two offences. 2nd one was a classic though.  Ousey worked hard but we were so naive with 4 up front at times and got hit time and time again on the counter. Outnumbered and outgunned. Willis looked good, oKane did his best but there’s work to do.  One to forget about for us. 

It is still very early days for the new squad to bed in any game model but the basic awareness and tactics were missing.  We were badly we organised in possession, out of possession and more importantly in transition. We were continually exposed behind the wingbacks on defensive transition, with no one defensively in the wide or the half space,  as far as I could see, it was 4 – 0 before there was any attempt from the bench to rectify this. Willis was attempting high block press as central midfielders were resorting  to a low block, meaning no real pressure on their back 4.  First goal, shouts from our bench of “good pressure, well done” when, in fact they have controlled our movement, brought us to one side and simply passed across the back and up the right side for two 1v1’s. An average delivery into the box 4 + GK v 3, goal!

Second goal, no pressure on their back 4 as they are allowed to have good possession across the back, as they progress to the middle third, two players go to press, leaving a simple ball up the line for a 1v1 in the last third.

Third goal free header in the middle of the park from our GK kicking, no pressure on left full back, plays simple long ball to striker, again under no real pressure, simple lay off header to the supporting midfielder, no pressure on him in the box in centre of goal!

5a7670575a0c7_stennyvBerwick.png.7edc1f79183b3ffb575a49498bb62976.png

Fourth goal again, they control  our movement , again no pressure as they are allowed to control the loose ball in the middle third, played out wide again no pressure, we get lucky with his cross/shot but they follow up and even though we have five defenders in the box not one actually assesses the situation and applies pressure to the ball. 

5a76744a97c58_WarriorsTVSat3rdFebruary2018BerwickRangersFixturesStenhousemuirFootballClub.png.8f5d1c05c80368cfe7e9a14aedfbdc9d.png

Tactical naivety from the bench and the players.

Cannot remember Berwick forcing our keeper to make a sae. Big team but some hammer throwers in it. Paton ran the show and yes he was lucky not to be booked but was a class above everyone else. The two sending offs for Berick were really unnecessary, the game was away from you but you needed people on the park. Lucky it was onlt 4-0 to be homest. Your boy up front looks like he might be a player if he gets support.

Shi

6 hours ago, ShiPi said:

It is still very early days for the new squad to bed in any game model but the basic awareness and tactics were missing.  We were badly we organised in possession, out of possession and more importantly in transition. We were continually exposed behind the wingbacks on defensive transition, with no one defensively in the wide or the half space,  as far as I could see, it was 4 – 0 before there was any attempt from the bench to rectify this. Willis was attempting high block press as central midfielders were resorting  to a low block, meaning no real pressure on their back 4.  First goal, shouts from our bench of “good pressure, well done” when, in fact they have controlled our movement, brought us to one side and simply passed across the back and up the right side for two 1v1’s. An average delivery into the box 4 + GK v 3, goal!

Second goal, no pressure on their back 4 as they are allowed to have good possession across the back, as they progress to the middle third, two players go to press, leaving a simple ball up the line for a 1v1 in the last third.

Third goal free header in the middle of the park from our GK kicking, no pressure on left full back, plays simple long ball to striker, again under no real pressure, simple lay off header to the supporting midfielder, no pressure on him in the box in centre of goal!

5a7670575a0c7_stennyvBerwick.png.7edc1f79183b3ffb575a49498bb62976.png

Fourth goal again, they control  our movement , again no pressure as they are allowed to control the loose ball in the middle third, played out wide again no pressure, we get lucky with his cross/shot but they follow up and even though we have five defenders in the box not one actually assesses the situation and applies pressure to the ball. 

5a76744a97c58_WarriorsTVSat3rdFebruary2018BerwickRangersFixturesStenhousemuirFootballClub.png.8f5d1c05c80368cfe7e9a14aedfbdc9d.png

Tactical naivety from the bench and the players.

I thought you got removed from the teaching register. 

8 minutes ago, Hallowed Turf said:

Not a bad result considering we had two players sent off and an injured Rangers defender in goal!!

Stenny.jpg

My mistake. Doing that all last night and didn't notice. Probably why you lost 4-0. :whistle

Archived