Inverness vs Dumbarton - 14.04.2018

1 minute ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

OK Stevie coming in for a bit of criticism but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So  far Stevie has managed 132 games all at championship level and has a 26 per cent winning ratio whereas Ian Murray has a 38 per cent winning ratio from 108 games again all at championship level.

Jim Chapman who also made some strange team choices got 35 per cent from 113 games at lower levels whilst Paul Murray who liked to play defensively with ten back scored  a miserly 18 per cent from 67 games.

I am still trying to forget Jim Fallons 4 per cent from 50 games Whilst Peter McGown was easily the best with 50 per cent from 216 games in the fifties.

What was Ian Murray's budget?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

OK Stevie coming in for a bit of criticism but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So  far Stevie has managed 132 games all at championship level and has a 26 per cent winning ratio whereas Ian Murray has a 38 per cent winning ratio from 108 games again all at championship level.

Jim Chapman who also made some strange team choices got 35 per cent from 113 games at lower levels whilst Paul Murray who liked to play defensively with ten back scored  a miserly 18 per cent from 67 games.

I am still trying to forget Jim Fallons 4 per cent from 50 games Whilst Peter McGown was easily the best with 50 per cent from 216 games in the fifties.

Paul Martin?

IMG_0966.PNG.a93a1986bf6512714a2fb1b243f9fd8f.PNG

Just home after combined 7hrs on train there and back.

At least the weather was nice. Aside from some early promise from Stirling and Burt's 30 mins, the sunshine was the highlight. 

I'm in absolutely no way ITK but I'd be fairly confident Murray's budget was a fair whack smaller than Aitken's.

But remember, jack ross was the brains of the operation [emoji57].

How long should we continue to support Stevie? I’m not saying sack him or the likes, but Stevie is clearly playing his favourites to the detriment of the team. He really needs realise quickly, or we’re down. Playing grant at rb is an appalling managerial decision, considering dowie played rb at tns, no brainer to bring Hill in, but clearly doesn’t rate him, much the same as others. If Stevie stays at the end of the season, we all could pick half our squad before the season starts

3 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I doubt it.

Doubt what? 

You only have to look at both the players Aitken has signed and the size of his squad. 

Not that it really matters but I'd be absolutely astounded if the squad that Murray guided to 5th place is costing more than any of Aitken's squads.

20180414_215315.jpg

20180414_215337.jpg

11 minutes ago, optimistic said:

But remember, jack ross was the brains of the operation emoji57.png.

How long should we continue to support Stevie? I’m not saying sack him or the likes, but Stevie is clearly playing his favourites to the detriment of the team. He really needs realise quickly, or we’re down. Playing grant at rb is an appalling managerial decision, considering dowie played rb at tns, no brainer to bring Hill in, but clearly doesn’t rate him, much the same as others. If Stevie stays at the end of the season, we all could pick half our squad before the season starts

Consider this; of the 6 seasons we’ve been in the Championship we’ve never had so many midweek fixtures towards the latter end - it is taking a helluva toll and no mistake.  We are heading into the playoffs yet we are only 8 points behind a Falkirk team which has advantages we can only dream of.

And my point ?  Everyone chill, just like I’m doing in a Glasgow hotel right now, drink flowing merrily - hic !

11 minutes ago, boghead64 said:

Whatever emoji107.png

^^^ owns a tambourine

13 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Consider this; of the 6 seasons we’ve been in the Championship we’ve never had so many midweek fixtures towards the latter end - it is taking a helluva toll and no mistake.  

Which makes it even more bizarre that we're starting with the same jobbers in every game.

8 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Who scored the Dumbarton goal? Thought it was a great finish with some shocking defending from Calder thrown in.

Grant Gallagher. Has effectively missed the last two seasons through two bad injuries. Had only a handful of minutes in the previous three games before starting today for the first time since 24 September 2016. Was playing as our fifth choice right back. He is not a right back to trade, by the way!

When we first got Aitken I was happy with the appointment and optimistic but after his first season I wasn't completely sold on him. We'd stayed up which was the goal but there were some shocking performances (mind we were so pish at Queens that Darren Barr paid the supporters bus for the next away game? :lol:)and without the signing of Nade we'd have been right up shit creek (Aitken did do well getting him to sign for us, definitely changed the season).   After the winless September and October of last season (and the B******* results in November) my mind was made up.  He got out of jail with Lewis Vaughan last season after somehow being able to get him in after releasing our "big" signing of the Summer, Ryan Stevenson. A flop that will have been on a fair bit of money.  

We're not in a position to be sacking a manager, so I've gotten used to him since then but he still frustrates the f**k out of me.  Every season under him we've had some great results and performances, but for every one of them there's 5 games of utter shitefest, negative football.  One thing that's stuck with me is at HT at the first B'rig game someone in the crowd shouted at him to change it up as he was leaving the dugout and he turned around and gestured as to say "what are you talking about?".  Fast-forward 135 minutes of football...  :rolleyes: He's incredibly stubborn (see today's team) and has favourites (see today's team - I think he'd have played Grant Gallagher straight from the operating table if he thought it was possible).

He's a young manager with potential but he's not all the media - and some of our fans - crack him up to be and he still has a lot to learn.  If he keeps us up, fair play, i'll give him any credit he deserves.  If we go down, I'd personally prefer he moves on to the full time job he seems to be destined for and we find someone else that's hungry to start rebuilding a team for League 1.  Many of you might disagree with the majority of what I've said but that's football init.

All that said I'll still be backing the team until the very end of the play-offs.  There is definitely talent there.  It just isn't in Danny Handling. :whistle

Archived