Alloa vs Ayr

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

It's time to adopt a cunning siege mentality!

Agree 100%, Lets get the its Us vs. Them mentality going. Will lead to a better connection between the fans and the players.

Let’s get up there on Sunday in big numbers , this is the most important game for us in a very long time , no matter the Raith result on Saturday we need a draw here to keep the league in our own hands , the support could make all the difference 

40 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I genuinely believe there are Ayr fans who actually don't want the decision to be rescinded just so they can say "I told you so". Almost as bad as that guy on the Somerset Road End boasting on Saturday night about how he had stuck money on Raith to win the league the previous week. Got nothing against him doing that, I've got Raith on my coupon every week with a hope of jinxing them but it was the fact he was boasting about almost as if he was glad. Weird behaviour.

Nah but there are Ayr fans that are honest enough to say what they see, he deliberately took the guy out.

Just now, Jimmy85 said:

I'm fucking staggered that anyone could look at the Shankland incident and see anything other than a red card. It was pretty much as clear as they come. 

The refs angle was perfect to pick it up, I was at the other side 20 yards away and had no idea why he was red carded, we actually thought he'd been clattered by his own man.

Just now, ayrmad said:

The refs angle was perfect to pick it up, I was at the other side 20 yards away and had no idea why he was red carded, we actually thought he'd been clattered by his own man.

Quite. There were numerous fans arguing it wasn't  red after watching the highlights though. It was fucking clear as day and you'd have to be an utter, utter moron to think otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy85 said:

Quite. There were numerous fans arguing it wasn't  red after watching the highlights though. It was fucking clear as day and you'd have to be an utter, utter moron to think otherwise. 

Agreed, thought there was a wee chance it would be rescinded but not much.

23 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Nah but there are Ayr fans that are honest enough to say what they see, he deliberately took the guy out.

I don't disagree that it probably was a red card but there were Ayr fans on Social Media almost desperate not to be overturned.

Got to remember that we scored plenty of goals before Shankland signed and Moore, Moffat and McDaid have something like 50 goals between them.

Obviously gutted that Shankland won’t be available but it’s quite fitting that the strikers that kick started our season will have the chance to win the league for us.

Is it still a case of parking at Morissons? Or do they have a parking eye type system?

It's been a while since I was last at Alloa. In fact it was during Tiff getting no wage.

Alloa are a decent side and I'd have expected a tough match here with or without Shankland, however the fact remains that it's in our own hands and quite frankly if we can't perform with the full time squad that we have, without Shankland, then we probably don't deserve to go up.

As for the sending off, I haven't seen the highlights but at the time I actually thought Shankland had been fouled / sandwiched between the 2 Stranraer players but if everyone is sure it was definite intent, then the suspension is fair enough.

Come on Ayr, we can do it.

It’s gutting as he’s been a talisman for us lately, but let’s not forget that Moore is hardly a crap replacement. In fact, in the league Moore actually has a higher goals to minutes ratio.

Moffat is key ingredient here, I think. He provides the link play and while Moore is a different type of player he can still finish and runs himself into the ground for the team. Our defence is going to cobbled together, but I firmly believe we will still win this league. These moments have a funny way of galvanising a team, hopefully McCall is using this to get the players fired up.

I certainly harbour no ill feeling towards Shankland - it was a crap call from the ref and sadly the SFA always look after their own, the lad will be gutted but I think he’ll be doing what he can in training to help.

7 minutes ago, super_carson said:

It’s gutting as he’s been a talisman for us lately, but let’s not forget that Moore is hardly a crap replacement. In fact, in the league Moore actually has a higher goals to minutes ratio.

Moffat is key ingredient here, I think. He provides the link play and while Moore is a different type of player he can still finish and runs himself into the ground for the team. Our defence is going to cobbled together, but I firmly believe we will still win this league. These moments have a funny way of galvanising a team, hopefully McCall is using this to get the players fired up.

I certainly harbour no ill feeling towards Shankland - it was a crap call from the ref and sadly the SFA always look after their own, the lad will be gutted but I think he’ll be doing what he can in training to help.

Would fans please stop posting this nonsense, the boy will be gutted because he let himself down.

Would be good for those not stripped and the fans if Shanks and Co get in amongst the fans on the terracing.

Archived