England's Glorious Failure

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I see England's under 19 side were thrashed 5-0 by France at the European Championship.

Is the golden era of international football for England coming to an end?

As lineker and co said "the future is very bright", totally disregarding all of the other european countries.

13 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I see England's under 19 side were thrashed 5-0 by France at the European Championship.

Is the golden era of international football for England coming to an end?

Given that Scotland made it to the 2006 U19 World Cup Final it's probably unwise to read too much into these things

I don't see how the future is very bright, given that all these age groups England are World or European champions at are rammed with 6 foot plus lads who can run the 100 metres sub 10 seconds.

Once they hit 21 or 22 their lack of actual football ability will be exposed.  As it always is.

On 26/07/2018 at 13:45, TheScarf said:

I don't see how the future is very bright, given that all these age groups England are World or European champions at are rammed with 6 foot plus lads who can run the 100 metres sub 10 seconds.

Once they hit 21 or 22 their lack of actual football ability will be exposed.  As it always is.

Yep...pretty much the same in Scottish fitba also.

Nothing will change until the psychology of the youth game is changed........dramtically

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 00:19, git-intae-thum said:

Yep...pretty much the same in Scottish fitba also.

Nothing will change until the psychology of the youth game is changed........dramtically

Aye, it would drive you to drink, right enough...

Archived