New kits; 2024/25 Edition (shirts over the summer)

• DutchBorderer changed the title to New kits; 2024/25 Edition (Swansea, Napoli)
32 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

backinskyblue-poster.thumb.jpg.369d67a06d69db022b86b5685215181e.jpg

Delighted that we're back in sky blue, and a nice homage to the 83/84 Championship winning squad, big fan of this.

Excellent, apart from the stupid gold slogan on the back.

• DutchBorderer changed the title to New kits; 2024/25 Edition (Dunfermline, Forfar)
Posted (edited)

The age-old question of 'what is the worst football shirt ever' is over, thanks to perennial contenders Joma. The lucky team are Croatian side HNK Rijeka, who now get to wear these two beauties for an entire season.

Yes, the sharks are repeated multiple times on the home shirt, and yes, the gold on the side fades away for no reason.

image.png.3913b1be913227dada8a4ea1aac342ec.pngimage.png.aafb799899c295cfa97148084bd6039b.png

And to top it all off, the away kit gets better/worse if you look at it from the back.

image.png.923e87bd5ba18aabc067d854b21e9966.png

Edited by DutchBorderer

• DutchBorderer changed the title to New kits; 2024/25 Edition (Joma committing crimes against humanity)
On 08/07/2024 at 15:27, bluearmyfaction said:

It's amazing how Leeds can start with something as simple as all white and still get it wrong.  Even the badge is an abomination.  Like they had a competition and couldn't decide between the first three entries so mashed them all up.

I think Howard Wilkinson designed that badge himself and I think the purpose was to make something easily replicable (is that a word?) for marketing purposes.

i also think that Don Revie had a hand in designing the previous badge (circular, white rose of York) because he wanted to scrap the one prior to that which had a bird on it and he thought birds were unlucky.

I may be very wrong about some or all of that.

That being said, I agree that Leeds badge is stinking.

Edited by Luddite

1 minute ago, Luddite said:

I think Howard Wilkinson designed that badge himself and I think the purpose was to make something easily replicable (is that a word?) for marketing purposes.

i also think that Don Revie had a hand in designing the previous badge (circular, white rose of York) because he wanted to scrap the one prior to that which had a bird on it and he thought birds were unlucky.

I may be very wrong about some or all of that 

It was a peacock.

Some people consider peacock feathers to bring bad luck.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not a fan of the FC Basel ones, and does that Slavia Prague kit ever change?

They had the same Umbro kit for 3 years before the move to Puma, they have different patterns through the kit but this is an almost exact replica of last seasons home kit. 

• DutchBorderer changed the title to New kits; 2024/25 Edition (shirts over the summer)