The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

From the rumblings last season it sounded like McDaid was expecting the same treatment as Shankland and Moffat and was holding out for the best offer.

On his day he could be brilliant and off his day it was pointless having him in the team,if he can go somewhere and get more consistency he could be a decent prospect but I don’t think he’s done enough to impress anyone in the championship or above
Good luck to him though, he wasn’t the worst over the last two years

3 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

while we're talking about the north/south split, why are Alloa in the north yet dunfermline  are in the south?

Alloa is further north, I believe. But not by much.

Undoubtedly there’s a player in there, at times he was brilliant but all too often you could tell in the first 5 minutes what kind of a day he was going to have. To me, the epitome of a confidence player; but if things didn’t go his way he was pretty much anonymous. Lots of tricks and flicks for the cameras but I was never convinced about final product. Would have been happy for him to stay, but equally not devastated he’s away.

I think sometimes he believes his own press-release. As Diegomarahenry said, he hung around last year to get the best possible deal and is maybe guilty of thinking he’s worth more than he consistently shows. Good luck to the guy though, part of the two best years I remember as an Ayr fan.

Anyone think we could take a punt on Anton Ferdinand, just left St Mirren, think we could do a lot worse than him tbh 34 so should still have a few years in him yet. Wouldn't have thought his wages could be too much if he was at St Mirren, if we signed him and Lang i'd be pretty content with our defence, possibly a full back aswell.

Kyle Turner signed for Dunfermline, b*****d, better not lose Crawford now or we could be in trouble for midfield, early signs are not looking good for transfer business, would be happier if we got a new signing announced soon.

51 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Anyone think we could take a punt on Anton Ferdinand, just left St Mirren, think we could do a lot worse than him tbh 34 so should still have a few years in him yet. Wouldn't have thought his wages could be too much if he was at St Mirren, if we signed him and Lang i'd be pretty content with our defence, possibly a full back aswell.

Don't see it with Bell, Muirhead and probably Adams on board along with the younger player McCall has already alluded to. Five centre backs would be very uneven squad building.

Just now, Iain said:

Don't see it with Bell, Muirhead and probably Adams on board along with the younger player McCall has already alluded to. Five centre backs would be very uneven squad building.

Can see where you're coming from but Adams, Bell and Muirhead have all been injury prone.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Kyle Turner signed for Dunfermline, b*****d, better not lose Crawford now or we could be in trouble for midfield, early signs are not looking good for transfer business, would be happier if we got a new signing announced soon.

Dearie me. This is what happens when we fanny about with transfer targets. 

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

We still need two starting centre backs. 

Think our best chance of getting Turner was when we got Bell as his stock has only risen since then.

Even if Crawford re-signs I think we’ll still need another option in midfield as Docherty and Kerr will undoubtedly be missing at some point in the season. We’ve got plenty of defensive minded players in there but no real driving force that can chip in with a few goals.

Hopefully Moffat, Geggan and Adams can be confirmed soon enough and we can bring a few new faces in.

We’ve missed out on a few signing targets due to the budget we’re offering 

Who’ve we missed out on?

And the budget chat is way overblown considering not one person on here actually knows what the budget is.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We’ve missed out on a few signing targets due to the budget we’re offering 

We haven't missed out on anyone who would be a great signing, just average players who want more than we will pay, so f**k.  Next season does not look promising with the players we are going for anyway so hopefully they continue to turn us down. 

How have we so quickly turned from the young hungry squad that was flying to aiming to be a team of mid 30s is my concern. 

:unsure::unsure:
2C04C8B1-778F-4960-82A3-87B36C2B7644.thumb.jpeg.58a94de67c41e0ddf4de3514a7dbb507.jpeg

You can read that in 2 ways.

1 - We’ve reduced the budget. Mid table and consolidation in this league is the target. The board don’t view relegation as a major threat (I don’t either) due to having 2 part time teams and other clubs cutting their budgets as well.

2 - The budget is pretty much the same and although we’re actively looking for experienced players to complement the younger guys in the group, McCall is saying that loan players is a backup option so long as they’re good enough.

Personally I don’t see McCall relying on 4 or 5 loans to carry our season. However having 1 or 2 isn’t a bad idea.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

1 - We’ve reduced the budget. Mid table and consolidation in this league is the target. The board don’t view relegation as a major threat (I don’t either) due to having 2 part time teams and other clubs cutting their budgets as well.

2 - The budget is pretty much the same and although we’re actively looking for experienced players to complement the younger guys in the group, McCall is saying that loan players is a backup option so long as they’re good enough.

Personally I don’t see McCall relying on 4 or 5 loans to carry our season. However having 1 or 2 isn’t a bad idea.

McCall has already said he wants to build a team to win it. Board obviously don’t share this ambition based on that article. Sounds like we are totally skint. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Were they not at the games last season, there wasn't a huge gulf between most sides last season and the 1 part time side in the league were at least as fit as the full time sides after 36 games.