The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Cheers mate but I must admit that even in my wildest dreams I didn't expect us to pull off 2nd given our recent inconsistent form and lack of creativity.

Brilliant end to the season though, 2nd place secured, good prize money with positive publicity added on and a realistic (if unlikely) chance to pull off a miracle and get to the Premier.

I agree with everyone though, whatever happens in the play offs we must now ensure that we build on this and become a club that has genuine aspirations of getting and even remaining in the top league and that of course will help us attract players and also add to our support as that's the only sustainable way of moving forward as a club.

Absolutely welcome and it's only correct and fair to do so.  

At least you weren't like the guy on twitter who clearly searched my twitter hoping for no comment or snideness only to find me saying fair play to him and sent pure anger :lol:

Somehow we did it.  

Edited by itzdrk

35 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Albinson signed and extension already didn’t he? How long was that for? Reckon if he continues to perform as he has this second half of the season someone will come looking at him. Had a few friends watch the game last night and they commented on him and mullin 

Signed up till end of the 2023/2024 season. 

36 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

This season is all for nothing if we do an Arbroath next season and regress, I can't see Smith and Mathie letting that happen though.

Arbroath had nothing but the prize money to show for it. Not dissimilar to what happened when Ayr finished in the playoffs under McCall. Still lost all their best players for free, had nothing to build on.

For all the stick that people (myself very much included) gave the club for putting up pictures of planning permission approval instead of players signing, it's pretty obvious that this is the only long-term fix. The club has been lucky enough to navigate not only a couple of wretched relegation battles but then find itself squeaking into the playoffs again, all while stuff is improving off the pitch. I don't doubt that work would have continued had the club found itself back in League One but this is a golden opportunity.

We need to build the foundations for years to come.

In the meantime, hopefully we will keep moving forward each season and I for one wish we were in the top league yesterday!!!!

All we can do is keep playing our individual parts and soak up nights like last night like a huge sponge.

Feels great having 2 weeks to rejoice in how it all ended up before we all jump on the roller coaster again 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

19 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I didn't say finishing second wasn't a success, what I said was, it'll all count for nothing if we shite it again. 

To use your Reid analogy, He was 20min away from taking Ayr to penalties and a potential cup final. We lost and his negative approach is seen by many fans as a criminal offence despite the fact they had worked well in the cup that season. Had a hand ball been picked up on in the build up, who knows what would happened. 

Similarly, if we revert to the dross we experienced through the winter and spring, any good grace built up from tonight will be gone. 

They were the same tactics that hit us to semi final though 

We had a togetherness in the squad last season but now in addition to that it seems we have a belief in the group. This season when fans, rightly or wrongly, lacked belief or lost it completely it didn't appear that the team ever lost faith in each other. 

A few posts since last night still give off half empty vibes but think it's time to move on and accept that past results can't be changed and not worry about what next season will bring yet either. I'm sure Mathie and co. will have plans in place for that so let's just focus on the next two games and see what happens, hopefully we enjoy them.

On 28/04/2023 at 19:17, Richey Edwards said:

The prospect of the play-offs should be exciting, but this feels similar to when we made the play-offs in 13/14. We all know that we're not going up and these games will only serve to emphasise how far away from going up we are.

It sounds bad to say that, and I hope that I am wrong but that's how it feels.

I take this back.

Buzzing for it.

Mon the Ayr.

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I take this back.

Buzzing for it.

Mon the Ayr.

Beyond buzzing - Friday night under the lights and we’ll take a fucking massive travelling support whichever ground it is at. 

35 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

We had a togetherness in the squad last season but now in addition to that it seems we have a belief in the group. This season when fans, rightly or wrongly, lacked belief or lost it completely it didn't appear that the team ever lost faith in each other. 

A few posts since last night still give off half empty vibes but think it's time to move on and accept that past results can't be changed and not worry about what next season will bring yet either. I'm sure Mathie and co. will have plans in place for that so let's just focus on the next two games and see what happens, hopefully we enjoy them.

This, I've obviously been moaning all week about the bus and I stick by that however in the grand scheme of things it's not that important we've put ourselves in a position where we can go and do something special. The players need to be giving our full backing for the next (hopefully) 4 games and see where it takes us. If we fall short them so be it but with the money generated from finishing 2nd and a potential Dipo sale we should be in a really good position to go and have a right go next season. 

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This, I've obviously been moaning all week about the bus and I stick by that however in the grand scheme of things it's not that important we've put ourselves in a position where we can go and do something special. The players need to be giving our full backing for the next (hopefully) 4 games and see where it takes us. If we fall short them so be it but with the money generated from finishing 2nd and a potential Dipo sale we should be in a really good position to go and have a right go next season. 

Just all week ? 😆

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I still can't quite believe we can sit back smoking cigars for a week before the weegie diddies sort out who is playing us.

But I'll take it.

It's absolutely glorious isn't it?

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Is giving people the keys to the town still a thing? If so, Bullen should recieve the keys to Ayr.

Steady on.  Keys to the hub or maybe Bridges.